Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2014, 04:23:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331877 Posts in 13590 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Super RPGFan Game Journal IV - The New Warriors: The Revenge The Movie The Game
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 101 Print
Author Topic: Super RPGFan Game Journal IV - The New Warriors: The Revenge The Movie The Game  (Read 147517 times)
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #840 on: October 25, 2010, 09:21:25 AM »

DQIX: Mo' Maps. Mo' Problems.
Code:
FUCK YOU GREYGNARL!!!

Well said haha

More KH: Birth by Sleep (odd title, no matter how it's explained... but it's Kingdom Hears, I don't expect it to make sense).

It's kinda cool to see 3 characters acting different parts of the story, and oddly I'm not feeling much repetition.  I actually think this game is too easy for all the gameplay features they've added (skill melding, the command board).  I'd go for a harder mode, but that one takes seriously long (too much for school time).

Ventus, you shitty ass... why does it take you 50 hits to kill anything?!!??!?!?!?!
I switched to Terra after...a mistake, he's stronger, but so much slower than Vent.  But stronger.  ARGH.
As with the majority, I like Aqua best.  She's balanced and the least weird to look at.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #841 on: October 25, 2010, 10:30:55 AM »

It's kinda cool to see 3 characters acting different parts of the story, and oddly I'm not feeling much repetition.  I actually think this game is too easy for all the gameplay features they've added (skill melding, the command board).  I'd go for a harder mode, but that one takes seriously long (too much for school time).

I'm not sure how the long the game takes on normal difficulty, but I watched my friend play through the game on the hardest setting and he beat it in a little under 40 hours. That's adding in gaining levels and doing other things on the side. From what I can tell, the game was really hard too. I used to hear cries of frustration coming from his room.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #842 on: October 25, 2010, 08:47:56 PM »

I'm playing the normal mode (if I knew it was this easy, and if I knew the requirements for the secret ending were SO RIDICULOUS on this difficulty, I wouldn't have...but one complete character later, you sorta say "fuckit").

Some of the bosses know how to hit just right.  Like other KH< games, the super bosses have you avoiding most attacks and dodging, and healing the other half of the time.  Worst in this game is when they make a game of "protecting" someone/thing AND boss killing. Blarrgh.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #843 on: October 26, 2010, 10:57:53 AM »

Bayonetta is pure insanity! It's fun, but most of the time there's so much going on that I just have to mash the buttons,and hope it all works out. I'm very impressed by the amount of stuff happening on the screen without any slowdown or frame rate issues. Great programming here. The "wall walking" scenarios surprised me, and are very cool.
I'm about to start chapter 5.

Playing: TWD Season 2
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #844 on: October 26, 2010, 11:01:57 AM »

I got the third ending in Nier.  It's pretty dumb how

Code:
the whole game revolves around YONAH YONAH YONAH then this ending just immediately pushes her right the fuck out of the way. :P

I get that this is just a bonus ending, but that's kinda jarring.

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #845 on: October 26, 2010, 12:01:26 PM »

I got the third ending in Nier.  It's pretty dumb how

Code:
the whole game revolves around YONAH YONAH YONAH then this ending just immediately pushes her right the fuck out of the way. :P

I get that this is just a bonus ending, but that's kinda jarring.

The writers admitted that the relation between
Code:
nier and kaine
could have been developed earlier in the game and it comes out of nowhere when it's actually shown, but they didn't want to take the focus away from the whole father trying to save his daughter thing and I think it was a good call. I guess endings C and D were a way to dwelve into that a bit more.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #846 on: October 27, 2010, 12:59:44 PM »

Playing Wild ARM's for the first time. The first one.

It's like a mix between Lufia and a host of other RPG's.

I'm liking it though.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #847 on: October 27, 2010, 03:38:39 PM »

I'm liking it though.

What are you playing it on?
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #848 on: October 27, 2010, 04:26:31 PM »

I'm liking it though.

What are you playing it on?

I'm playing it on my PS2, though it's just the PS1 edition, not the enhanced remake.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #849 on: October 27, 2010, 05:03:57 PM »

So, I've been doing my second playthrough of demon's souls but I stopped a few weeks ago because I was getting really frustrated, NG+ is insanely hard. But damn, it was like the game was calling me a fucking loser everytime I looked at it so today I decided to give it another try and I made huge progress, damn, it felt so good. And the coolest thing is that instead of killing some bosses like the tower knight, leegemonger, adjudicator and flamelurker with long range attacks like a fucking coward this time I meleed the bitches! Fuck yeah! I owned those suckers! God, I have to go back to the 16 bit days to find this kind of adrenalin and satisfaction with a boss fight.

And fighting those golden skeletons on the edge of a cliff while the flying mantas are shooting those huge spikes at you is the most epic thing ever. Keep your eyes on the skeletons and dodge the spikes by listening to the sound they make when they are fired while praying that you don't throw yourself off the cliff. All it takes is one wrong move. Most epic thing ever!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 05:09:18 PM by CDFN » Logged

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #850 on: October 27, 2010, 07:58:21 PM »

Fable 3 sure is pretty fucking boring.  I blame my semi-recent Fable 2 excursion for this more than any outright flaw, though; the two games are way too similar for their own good.

daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #851 on: October 27, 2010, 08:56:07 PM »

But can you fart on people???
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #852 on: October 28, 2010, 04:27:15 PM »

Fallout:NV, Fable III and Persona 3 Portable.  I need to find a way to function without sleep.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #853 on: October 28, 2010, 06:04:38 PM »

I'm playing it on my PS2, though it's just the PS1 edition, not the enhanced remake.

I prefer the original for a lot of reasons sooooooo.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #854 on: October 28, 2010, 06:07:04 PM »

I prefer the original for a lot of reasons sooooooo.

Not much of a choice anyway, the remake didn't come out over here.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 101 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: