Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 28, 2014, 07:28:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338764 Posts in 13865 Topics by 2217 Members
Latest Member: milz
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Super RPGFan Game Journal IV - The New Warriors: The Revenge The Movie The Game
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 101 Print
Author Topic: Super RPGFan Game Journal IV - The New Warriors: The Revenge The Movie The Game  (Read 150519 times)
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #900 on: November 15, 2010, 11:14:21 AM »

Worked on my game engine a bunch and now I have all sorts of new scripting features as well as something I'm calling the ILMH GILMH which is driving my Megazeux clone one step further to being some sort of horribly perverse Lisp.

http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=9410.0

You can read my steady descent into madness here!

Mesh you're my hero. Bool RPG ftw.

I love how addicting "creating" is, hope to hear more Mesh

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
SonicDeathMonkey

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #901 on: November 15, 2010, 01:38:53 PM »

Mesh is my hero in a way as well.

Anyway my RPGFan journal update consists of: I'm like 30 hours into playing FFXII for the first time. I love everything about this game except the combat, which I really don't think I like but at least it kind of does everything for you. Do Espers kind of suck unless you're exploiting specific enemies or am I doing it wrong. I'm only at the part where I'm heading to Archadia, I've been taking forever to progress because I enjoy the dungeon exploring way too much.

I've kinda put Phantom Brave on hold since senior year has taken most of my time. I'm like 20+ hours into it, plan to put more time in once the semester's done with. Honestly I don't really think I like it but I may as well finish since I bought it n stuff. The only other SRPG's I've played are Shining Force I & II, and FFTA2, all of which I LOVED x1000 compared to this. Is Disgaea better? I wonder. I'll give it a shot some day I guess.

I also once in a while try to finish Bangai-O on Dreamcast (I have one of the special magic DC consoles that are capable of playing burned games). I'm on level 42 or something.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #902 on: November 15, 2010, 05:03:08 PM »

Doing some fallout 3 action.

I feel the need to kill
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #903 on: November 16, 2010, 09:18:00 AM »

Think I'm burned out on RPGs. Got sick of whatever game I was currently playing, so restarted Blue Dragon. Got bored with that and bought Magna Carta 2. Fun game, but I'm using the quest guide so I don't miss out on anything, and using guides really take the fun out of playing a game. Bought DA: Ultimate Edition and got sick of that too.

Maybe I need to wait until GT5 comes out so I can hold off on RPGs for a while.
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #904 on: November 16, 2010, 11:58:33 AM »

New Vegas:  Well, I had a couple of quests to do for the Kings...but they got on my nerves, so I killed them all.  I'm doing way more rampant slaughtering than I ever did in Fallout 3, Jesus. :P

John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #905 on: November 16, 2010, 11:59:49 AM »

New Vegas:  Well, I had a couple of quests to do for the Kings...but they got on my nerves, so I killed them all.  I'm doing way more rampant slaughtering than I ever did in Fallout 3, Jesus. :P

Did you get Rex?

If not, I feel bad for you.  You'll have to go fix ED-E

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #906 on: November 16, 2010, 12:03:20 PM »

Damn, you can get the dog?  I blew his head off right after King himself. :P

Vanguard

I am America, and I hate JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #907 on: November 18, 2010, 03:25:54 PM »

Playing DQIX, just finished the whole Coffinwell. For some reason, I've been unable to find quest 006, but I have everything before and after up to 010 or whatever. Going to probably try and explore the easternmost zone before I head back to The Observatory.

I like how traditional this game is, but I rarely do anything other than select attack unless I'm in a boss fight. Hopefully this changes later on.

Thoren: Astronomers fucking love stars and shit. Whitman was a bitch.
Hidoshi: Walt Whitman could beat you with both dicks tied behind his back.
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #908 on: November 18, 2010, 06:06:09 PM »

More KH: Birth By Sleep.
Its all I really have time for....

Playing it on Proud mode...I should have done so in the first place.  It's still pretty easy and I gipped myself on the extra ending (not that it can't be YouTube'd).  Great game though, battle flow was thought through beautifully - I just wish they handled online stuff better.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #909 on: November 19, 2010, 12:05:30 AM »

New Vegas = beaten, NCR style.  I thought that last stretch was a bit anticlimactic, but that might be because I flipped out and killed Caesar beforehand.  It definitely beats falling over dead in a reactor as far as end game sequences go, though. :P

The game is so good, I've already started over.  I'm basically being Tony Stark this time around: smooth-talking science/repair type that will eventually be stomping around in armor blasting shit with lasers.  Hell, I might even use Cass this time around so I make him drink constantly. :P

Jet16

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #910 on: November 19, 2010, 10:02:39 AM »

Deadly Premonition: At first I didn't think the cut scenes would be able to carry the dull gameplay but I was wrong. This game is so hilarious that I start smiling the second I fire it up.

Ninja Gaiden 2: Decided to restart this from scratch since I stopped playing it over a year ago. The game is still fun but the camera is way worse than I remember it to be. That and projectiles from nowhere are just a nuisance.

Atelier Rorona: It's enjoyable. Pretty much what I expected from Gust's first outing on the PS3.

Wild Arms 5: I've only played it for a few hours but I like it. Good music, good gameplay but the story seems like it's going to be stupid. Pretty much your typical PS2 RPG. I just hope there's none of that adult child nonsense that was in every single conversation in 4.

P3P: I'm near the end of the game but I'm stopping. I've clocked in slightly above 250 hours on P3 across all 3 versions and I'm feeling a bit fed up with the game by now.

God of War GOS: It's good.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 11:17:35 AM by Jet16 » Logged
Vanguard

I am America, and I hate JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #911 on: November 19, 2010, 10:44:25 AM »

Things are starting to heat up in DQIX. Got to Alltrades Abbey, rescued the Abbot, and changed my main character to a spear-wielding Warrior. Now, I'm just kind of doing odds and ends-type things, like leveling, alchemy, and random quests. Having a blast thus far.

Thoren: Astronomers fucking love stars and shit. Whitman was a bitch.
Hidoshi: Walt Whitman could beat you with both dicks tied behind his back.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #912 on: November 19, 2010, 07:37:58 PM »

My game has pathfinding, I guess, though it's not clear if it also has memory leaks, and it's kind of slow and I don't know how to improve it since I already got rid of like floating point math. Technically that was the last major feature that I needed to add. Two minor ones are displaying fullscreen images (which I might skip because seriously this isn't that useful) and moving the text output thing to a more reasonable location. I also had plans on like having options to dynamically change textbox colors in the lua script calls. While this'd actually be useful, I doubt I'll bother until/unless I want to make this more general purpose.

so yeah now I just need to implement the rest of the scripting functionality which is very easy but just tedious as hell.

---edit---

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/585/preliminaryinterface.png

Oh hey.

Help me come up with an interface colorscheme that isn't completely eye-searing.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 11:11:24 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #913 on: November 20, 2010, 09:02:36 AM »

I just finished Rune Factory 3. It was a great game although I found it quite short. It has some great improvements over the last two handheld games but I cannot help thinking that the only time you have to farm is the last dungeon.

D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #914 on: November 20, 2010, 10:35:02 AM »

I picked up a copy of the GOTY edition of Borderlands for the 360 yesterday.  I already have the game on PC, but I paid less for this than I would have paid to buy all the DLC separately. :P  The transition to a controller instead of keyboard/mouse has went more smoothly than I thought it would, but I'm having a bit of trouble lining up head shots from afar.  Not that it matters much; I'm playing as Lilith, so I tend to rush in and set shit on fire instead of hanging back. :P

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 101 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: