Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 24, 2014, 03:18:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327344 Posts in 13403 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Super RPGFan Game Journal IV - The New Warriors: The Revenge The Movie The Game
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 101 Print
Author Topic: Super RPGFan Game Journal IV - The New Warriors: The Revenge The Movie The Game  (Read 144449 times)
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #915 on: November 20, 2010, 10:46:05 AM »

Picked up AssCreed Brotherhood.  Love it, probably the best one yet.  Also makes me realize just how much it's changed from the first one....  Aesthetics wise, though, the first one was the best, making it look like you're watching your guy through set-up security cams, and the small espionage on the side to find optional hints about the next game. 

This game gives you quests for each mission, making it just the bit tougher (ie; kill using x weapon, don't swim, etc.).  But I still found the first game the hardest.  Now you can knock people and walk more than a mile per hour in front of guard and you'll be good.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #916 on: November 20, 2010, 11:36:04 PM »

Picked up some stuff over the past while - Dragon Warrior 7 for PS1, Atelier Iris 1, Phantom Brave, Dragon Quest 8 and Radiata Stories for PS2 (Decided to give Radiata Stories another try), Kirby's Epic Yarn, Sam & Max Season 1 and Broken Sword for Wii, Lunar Silver Star Harmony for PSP and Last Window, Theresia, Glory of Heracles, Dragon Quest V and Dragon Quest IX (on sale today!) for DS but I doubt I'll have time for any of them any time soon. :(
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 02:19:33 AM by Lard » Logged

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Vanguard

I am America, and I hate JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #917 on: November 20, 2010, 11:52:39 PM »

How much did you pay for DQV? I'm kind of in love with DQIX and will definitely be picking the other DS games up in the near future.

Speaking of which, I have a bunch of Fyggs, probably like 6 or 7. My characters all are about level 30 and starting to kick some serious ass. Been running around farming ingredients for alchemy, doing quests, and just generally having a blast. I completed that dungeon outside of Stornwell and fought Equinox. Pretyy much one of the best JRPGs I've played.

Thoren: Astronomers fucking love stars and shit. Whitman was a bitch.
Hidoshi: Walt Whitman could beat you with both dicks tied behind his back.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #918 on: November 21, 2010, 02:20:35 AM »

How much did you pay for DQV? 

It was $30 which was the cheapest I could find it. It's been getting harder to find though, so I just broke down and grabbed it when I saw it.

Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #919 on: November 21, 2010, 12:55:40 PM »

I got DQ V for about 25 from gamestop about 5 months ago.Just the cartridge.

DQ IV I got for about 20 on amazon. new package and the euro release to boot. they have cool clear cases there.

Right now i'm playing 8. drinking Tea. Earl Grey. Hot. To cure the sins fom last night.
Vanguard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #920 on: November 21, 2010, 06:08:19 PM »

Yeah, you can still find it at Gamestop for about $32 I think, but, chances are it'll only be the cartridge. I might splurge and drop $50-60 for it on eBay when I get around to picking it up.

Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #921 on: November 21, 2010, 10:05:04 PM »

Still playing Fallout: NV as well as Black Ops, GTAIV, NFS: Hot Pursuit and AC2. All over the place, as usual.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #922 on: November 21, 2010, 11:58:51 PM »

I got DQ V for about 25 from gamestop about 5 months ago.Just the cartridge.

Then I got a good deal, because I got it complete for $30.

D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #923 on: November 23, 2010, 12:28:36 AM »

I liked Borderlands on my PC quite a bit, but I'm absolutely loving it on my 360.  I think it's because my recliner is so much more comfortable than my computer chair. :P  I'm fucking around doing quests in the Rust Commons right now, about to head to Crazy Earl's.

I've been contemplating starting over on Fable 3; that fucking money hoarding shit you have to do at the end has killed my interest in continuing my goody-goody.  Things might be better as a tax-raising, child labor supporting slum lord. :P

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #924 on: November 23, 2010, 03:59:31 PM »

Lords of Shadow - I'm at the end of chapter 8. I'm surprised by the amount of time the game has spent on the vampire quest. It's been pretty damn awesome. I just played through the clockwork tower last night. It was damn cool to get a modern incarnation of the classic level. Sans Medusa heads!
I remain surprised by the amount (and quality) of story in this, and how endearing of a character Gabriel is. I even look forward to the Patrick Stewart narration at the beginning of each level.

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #925 on: November 23, 2010, 04:07:41 PM »

I reached level 19 in fallout 3. going to wait until I get the expansion pack to continue.

Not much left in the main quest but I have a lot to do.

One of my fucking achievements glitched
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #926 on: November 23, 2010, 08:45:12 PM »

god I hate creeping through dark tunnels in oblivion and then the "oh shit some bad guy knows you're here music" starts playing.

the shivering isles has to be one of the best ad ons ever
Vanguard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #927 on: November 23, 2010, 10:24:37 PM »

I think I'm near the end of DQIX. I went to Upover, met Greygnarl, and all those soldiers. I'm trying to do other stuff before I hit the post game, like random quests and alchemy. My characters are all 34-35, but I'd like them to hit 40 so I can do some class-based quests and then switch vocations and pick up some new skills before I go in for the kill.

Perley
Gunslinger Extraordinare

You feelin' lucky, punk

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #928 on: November 23, 2010, 11:27:43 PM »

god I hate creeping through dark tunnels in oblivion and then the "oh shit some bad guy knows you're here music" starts playing.

Only game that ever gave me the creeps is FEAR. Parts of that game actually made me jump. That little bitch was freaky.

Trucking through Dragon Age a bit. Finally got to Orzamar. Also got Bioshock off Steam a week ago. Love that game and loving playing through it again. Didn't get too far before school got busy; only past the tutorial parts really. Can't wait to invest some time into it over the break.
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #929 on: November 24, 2010, 12:05:04 AM »

Only game that ever gave me the creeps is FEAR. Parts of that game actually made me jump. That little bitch was freaky.

Trucking through Dragon Age a bit. Finally got to Orzamar. Also got Bioshock off Steam a week ago. Love that game and loving playing through it again. Didn't get too far before school got busy; only past the tutorial parts really. Can't wait to invest some time into it over the break.

FEAR was scary is hell. I tried playing that early this year. Loved the atmosphere and such but the gameplay itself was pretty rough.

I gave up on Oblivion tonight. got stuck behind a boulder in the environment. fuck that noise
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 101 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: