Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 22, 2014, 07:10:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341331 Posts in 13950 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Super RPGFan Game Journal IV - The New Warriors: The Revenge The Movie The Game
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 101 Print
Author Topic: Super RPGFan Game Journal IV - The New Warriors: The Revenge The Movie The Game  (Read 151941 times)
eXaX

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #930 on: November 24, 2010, 06:15:29 PM »

I've been playing through Forbidden Siren 2. Only in the beginning, can't really comment on it. Also finished Deadly Premonition. And wow, it's been a very long time since I've been as affected by a videogame. It's brilliant.

Oh and uh, Castlevania Order of Ecclesia. Just outside Dracula's room. Just doing the sidestuff for now. Awesome game.

Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #931 on: November 24, 2010, 08:01:02 PM »

I'm revisiting Septerra Core.  Like FF7, this is a game I've had a roller-coaster love/hate relationship with.  It's pretty flawed, to be sure, but I'm definitely on the "like" end of it now. 

I probably like it more than I ever did now.  Kinda like how you don't really like some albums the first time you hear them but after some time, they grow on you then you go, "Wow!  This is brilliant!" 

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Smiley Abuser

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #932 on: November 25, 2010, 05:09:27 AM »

I'm about 60 stars into Suikoden 5, it's pretty damn awesome. Also, pretty long. Which is good. It's really pretty amazing how much more alive all the characters feel compared to 4.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #933 on: November 26, 2010, 08:28:27 PM »

Found a copy of Thousand Arms today. :D

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Vanguard

I am America, and I hate JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #934 on: November 27, 2010, 01:32:48 PM »

I hit level 40 in DQIX and then changed vocations and leveled my characters to 20 twice. I think I'm going to go ahead and finish the game off soon. Total play thus far: ~40 hours.

Thoren: Astronomers fucking love stars and shit. Whitman was a bitch.
Hidoshi: Walt Whitman could beat you with both dicks tied behind his back.
Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #935 on: November 28, 2010, 02:16:57 AM »

I played through 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors on the DS and got two of the six endings (slowly working towards all six, aiming for the true ending last). I thought it was a pretty great adventure/puzzle/visual novel, definitely up there with Phoenix Wright and Hotel Dusk. Apparently the writer also did Ever 17, so I'll see if I can get a hold of that for a less-than-inordinate sum of money.

Played and beat Enslaved at the beginning of the Thanksgiving break, and for the $25 I payed from Amazon on sale it's a solid story. It really loses steam in the second half (once you meet the third character), but the first half of the game is really solid.

Also, I got a Kinect as a belated birthday gift. It's super "casual" gamer fare, but damn if it isn't fun. Definitely going to have a Dance Central party and laugh at all my friends since none of them can dance (myself included).
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #936 on: November 28, 2010, 06:07:36 PM »

I tried Move for the first time the other day. Played a round of the frisbee golf game w/ my friends.

The sensitivity and control are pretty good. The game was also pretty fun and it was good to see a motion control game in HD.

Played a fuckton of DQ8 today.

So fun.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #937 on: November 28, 2010, 06:10:47 PM »

I hit level 40 in DQIX and then changed vocations and leveled my characters to 20 twice. I think I'm going to go ahead and finish the game off soon. Total play thus far: ~40 hours.

Did you do any of the "online" stuff?

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #938 on: November 29, 2010, 07:23:43 AM »

Started up Sakura Wars V. I got through chapter 1. Damn, those battles are long. Fun game so far, but there's more dialogue than I expected.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Smiley Abuser

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #939 on: November 29, 2010, 10:33:25 AM »

Just finished Suikoden 5. Definitely of much higher quality than 4 was.  Loved every moment of it.

Strange thing happened though, I accidentally missed one of the Stars (Raven), but after the point where you can't recruit any more characters, I got the opportunity to get Raven. It was pretty strange, but thanks to that oddity I managed to get the true ending.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #940 on: November 29, 2010, 12:09:40 PM »

I just played through the music box level in Lords of Shadow. It was creative, I suppose. Too bad I suck at timing based things, and kept dying at the electricity barrier.
Chapter 10 now.

Playing: DA: Inquisition
Reading: Mistbron#3: Hero of Ages
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #941 on: November 30, 2010, 04:28:21 PM »

So I bought a copy of Deadly Premonition today on a whim, having heard nothing about it aside from the fact that it's turned into some sort of cult hit.

This...is something. :P  The last time I was this awestruck by a game's strangeness was when I first played Katamari Damacy.  The game's actual mechanics are kinda shit, but I'm gonna at least attempt to endure it for a while, because I see all sorts of potential.

Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #942 on: December 01, 2010, 12:06:05 AM »

playing dead space for the first time.

incredible environments and presentation. I love the feel of the game but the combat is clunky in close quarters. If I'm shooting one baddie and another gets close it seems like it takes forever for him to do his melee move.

dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #943 on: December 01, 2010, 02:09:53 PM »

I did some more reading in Sakura Wars V before stopping. I can't play that game more than 30 minutes at a time now.

Restarted FFTA2 (been a year and a half since I last touched it.) Playing this is getting me pumped for Tactics Ogre.
Jet16

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #944 on: December 01, 2010, 08:34:40 PM »

This...is something. :P  The last time I was this awestruck by a game's strangeness was when I first played Katamari Damacy.  The game's actual mechanics are kinda shit, but I'm gonna at least attempt to endure it for a while, because I see all sorts of potential.

It took me a while to get into DP but I was hooked when the game finally clicked for me. The gameplay is boring but it's so worth it for the utterly ridiculous cut scenes.

I've been jumping around lately but I've mainly been playing Sly Collection, Majin, God of War GOS and Planescape Torment. This is my first time playing the Sly games and I absolutely love them.  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 101 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: