Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 24, 2014, 12:35:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327303 Posts in 13402 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Super RPGFan Game Journal IV - The New Warriors: The Revenge The Movie The Game
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 101 Print
Author Topic: Super RPGFan Game Journal IV - The New Warriors: The Revenge The Movie The Game  (Read 144389 times)
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #945 on: December 02, 2010, 01:53:48 AM »

about 3 hours into chrono trigger... how I missed out on this when i had an snes is beyond me.

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #946 on: December 02, 2010, 12:31:03 PM »

GT5. Finding the perfect driving line feels so good.

This is a bit OT but I can't believe the deals you find on the net sometimes. I just ordered the colectors edition of bioshock 2 for the PS3 for 20 euros including shipping. The damn thing has a 164 page artbook with hard cover, the soundtrack on vynil and cd and 3 posters. Crazy.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #947 on: December 02, 2010, 01:09:30 PM »

I'm with you on the deals. I hate being behind the curve on new games but I love getting them for next to nothing.

No way I'm paying 60 for games like bayonetta, ff13, etc
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #948 on: December 02, 2010, 11:44:36 PM »

I tried playing Rayman 1 but I hate it :(

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #949 on: December 03, 2010, 06:46:16 AM »

Still playing ACII and having some serious fun with NFS: Hot pursuit. The online in this one is wicked fun, especially the cops n' robbers matches.  I may pick up GT5 today although I'm not completely sure yet.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #950 on: December 03, 2010, 02:05:25 PM »

More FFTA2. Working on gaining new abilities and getting more loot. Got my ass raped in one of the story missions because of being a low level and having shitty abilities.
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #951 on: December 03, 2010, 05:55:34 PM »

doing some monster arena action in dq8

my team name is flying eraseheads. if anyone can guess the reference you earn my respect and love

woohoo! won jessica a bunny suit.

« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 06:06:01 PM by Yoda » Logged
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #952 on: December 03, 2010, 08:00:35 PM »

I tried playing Rayman 1 but I hate it :(

That is the hardest game I've ever played in my life. Me and my girlfriends brother beat it over 3 days, and we had to use the 99 lives code. Even then we still used up all 99 lives multiple times.

"Oh, a hunter..."
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #953 on: December 03, 2010, 11:50:57 PM »

I'm playing the PC version and that seems to be broken in some weird regard (missing cages or something?) and the controls are really, really flighty but that appears to be the case in the PSX version too.

Basically the camera is insane. It does the thing like in Legacy of Kain where if you move it flies way the fuck over to match your current facing. Except A) It doesn't work right with vertical movement. B) The game has enemies that randomly pop up and because the screen flies way the fuck over they're outside of your FOV and shooting shit at you and then you die.

Seriously though I've hardly been gaming at all although actually that's not true. I was gaming over thanksgiving because I went to Gatlinburg with my parents (even though my dad's always been sort of impossible to travel with and my mom's pretty much gone insane over the past like two or three years but whatever that's a long boring personal narrative for another day) and I had my DS with me and played Contact for quite a bit, getting the uh, fire hotrod suit thing and doing some various stuff in the pyramid lands and I still pretty much love the hell out of Contact. And then in Strange Journey I got to the boss of Delphinus and holy hell difficulty spike much?

But yeah otherwise I was working on nanowrimo and my game thing through most of November and I spent basically all of wednesday working on a linguistics final project that I didn't even get finished completely (although the section I didn't finish was bullshit anyway so as much as I'm on public record saying I feel bad about not getting it done, hell no, I started this thing weeks ago, and the section I didn't finish was idiot busywork) but yeah that basically monopolized two or three days of my time and managed to break my flow so much that it was like a fucking braintampon and now I can't concentrate on anything, also massive eyestrain and exhaustion from basically working on a report for like 13 hours straight. or more. goddamn. I have a really hard time continuing with something if I get interrupted. This is why I've only finished like 20 games ever. Even if I like a game a lot, if for some reason I like play it every day for a week then can't play it for a single day for some reason, odds are good I will never, ever touch it again.

Anyway so what the hell should I play? Seriously I need some suggestions. I did pick up some obscure city builder from the 90s but I don't know if I've got the brainergy to play that right now.

eraseheads

This is like my favorite fucking movie ever

DO YOU... DO YOU JUST CUT THEM UP LIKE REGULAR CHICKENS?

Is it bad when I watch Eraserhead or play Silent Hill 2 and it's like "oh hey this reminds me of my home town!" Actually Silent Hill 2 reminds me more of BG since BG's just suburban sprawl whereas Eraserhead has the huge factories everywhere and it's like, yeah, that's totally Lima.

http://images.onset.freedom.com/limanews/medium/kjdqpr-huskyflame1gjcopy.jpg

This is what passes for a skyline in Lima, basically. On cloudly nights the flame reflects off the clouds and you can see it pulsating from miles around.

---edit---

Rayman gets a shitload more enjoyable once you get the edge hang powerup.

---edit2---

I got bored and started implementing the normal lua function calls into BRPG. Which means that instead of doing a bunch of really slow file reloading every event/compiling function call string iterations, it loads files once, and... calls functions in a non-stupid manner. Also does stuff with pointers I don't really understand.

Next phase is implementing something to cause the program to test script files to see if they've been modified then reloading them if so, but that involves me learning boost's filesystem library.

Also might be running the risk of the game taking too long to load. IDK. 'Stress test' stuff like that comes last.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 05:26:50 AM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Vanguard

I am America, and I hate JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #954 on: December 04, 2010, 02:03:01 PM »

75 Hours logged on Dragon Quest IX. At this point I could go and finish the final boss without breaking a sweat, but honestly I'm having way more fun doing grottos, alchemy, and random quests. All of my characters are 40+ in at least four different vocations, each has mastered two weapons, and like three different vocational skills. I just did my first grotto over level 25 and picked up the Spelunker Accolade. I'm trying to finish the weapon and class trainer quests before I go any further. I think I ran something like 10 grottos this morning.

Thoren: Astronomers fucking love stars and shit. Whitman was a bitch.
Hidoshi: Walt Whitman could beat you with both dicks tied behind his back.
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #955 on: December 04, 2010, 03:03:12 PM »

I just got the ship in DQ8 and I have to head to the western continent. I did lots of exploring so far in the game so I'm leveled good, but I don't seem to have much gold, at least not enough to buy everything to re-equip my party.

Any tips on good alchemy items I can make?

Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #956 on: December 04, 2010, 05:30:47 PM »

Got to World 6-3 in super Mario Bros., the furthest I've ever gotten. =) And now I'm being tempted by Etrian Odyssey, but I wanna save it all for EO3 on Xmas.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
supersonic
Prefers JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #957 on: December 06, 2010, 12:07:56 AM »

Took a short break from RPGs after I finished Enchanted Arms and decided to play some other games for a change. I beat Bayonetta (awesome), Assassin's Creed (merely OK, but I wanted to play it before starting AC2), Prince of Persia (great platforming, but combat was kinda meh, great game nonetheless), Splinter Cell Double Agent (very cool) and Stranglehold (great over the top fun). Now playing Tales of Vesperia (30 hours in and having a lot of fun with it) and God of War III (kind of a disappointment to be honest....it feels sort of like a dumbed down GoW II, and the violence is kinda disguisting really). I'll probably play Brutal Legend after I am done with GoW III and probably re-start Lost Odyssey after I finish ToV - I put around 20 hours into LO a year or so ago but never finished it, I don't really remember what I was doing so starting over seems to be the only way.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #958 on: December 06, 2010, 11:10:23 AM »

Beat Lords of Shadow. Great game overall. My thoughts are in the dedicated thread.
I'm not sure what to play/go back to. I was playing Bayonetta before this, but I'm not sure I feel like going back to the silliness of it.
I still have FFXIII to play. I've also been wanting to buy some DLC for ME2.
Plus, I think the wife is getting me Uncharted 2 for Christmas.
Decisions...

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
Vanguard

I am America, and I hate JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #959 on: December 06, 2010, 09:07:22 PM »

I beat Dragon Quest IX. I'm finally starting to slow down on this game a little. Just random quests and shit now. Still, I can't think of any other game I spent 80 hours on, save maybe FFVII (I leveled up to 99 on my first playthrough) or WoW, but that doesn't count.

Thoren: Astronomers fucking love stars and shit. Whitman was a bitch.
Hidoshi: Walt Whitman could beat you with both dicks tied behind his back.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 101 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: