Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2014, 07:30:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338135 Posts in 13843 Topics by 2214 Members
Latest Member: CoreSignal
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Super RPGFan Game Journal IV - The New Warriors: The Revenge The Movie The Game
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 101 Print
Author Topic: Super RPGFan Game Journal IV - The New Warriors: The Revenge The Movie The Game  (Read 150306 times)
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1065 on: January 02, 2011, 02:08:12 PM »

...how many endings does 999 have?

Anyway, all I've done is play the Mass Effect 2 demo. Awesome, though I had to really get used to the controls. I skipped part 2 for spoilers...  Excited for the real thing though.

Saw Epic Mickey in action. It looks awesome. Kind of like a hack n slash with a paintbrush... :P (paint n slash?)

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1066 on: January 02, 2011, 04:58:51 PM »

Played some more of Ys and beat the third boss. He was a tricky one he was. Actually that's an understatement. He was a freakin' terrible ******** who gave me loads of trouble. He has no pattern, or at least not an obvious one, yet you specifically have to hit him in the face. That sucks. At least he's done and over with now. Time to move on.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Azrael

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1067 on: January 02, 2011, 06:34:44 PM »

FFXII - I'm in Bhujerba and have the whole party all together.  I'm still a bit confused with pieces of the system (like Quickenings which I just looked up online to get a better grasp on them) so I'm not really fully sure how to progress my characters, but I'm having a lot of fun regardless.  I really enjoy the feel of the game and I think I've spent more time doing miscellaneous grinding/hunts than actual story progression. 
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1068 on: January 02, 2011, 06:52:14 PM »

I used a quickening once... and then never again.
supersonic
Prefers JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1069 on: January 02, 2011, 09:02:55 PM »

I finished 999, Assassin's Creed II and Miles Edgeworth Ace Attorney Investigations recently and I enjoyed all three, for different reasons of course. I am very happy with how popular (relatively speaking, of course) 999 has become and I hope to see more of this genre in the West in the future.

On the (j)RPG front, I beat Sands of Destruction today. Sure, the battle system was somewhat broken, some of the dungeons annoying (the backtracking in the final dungeon was pretty ridiculous), but I enjoyed the twist on the usual JRPG formula (usually destroying the world so that it can be reborn is something that JRPG villains are after.....).

Code:
even if it did go back to the typical formula in the end

I think the review on the site is way too harsh, but hey, that's just me.

Now playing Glory of Heracles. Only 1 hour in, but it looks fun so far.
Azrael

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1070 on: January 03, 2011, 12:36:55 AM »

I'm seriously ready to give up on Quickenings.  Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but the buttons next to the name never seem to pop up.  Or maybe I'm pressing R2 too fast.  I have no idea.  And I'm not sure whether I am happy or angry that the game has given no tutorial for those Quickenings.  Meh.

Just took down another hunt that had me use up my entire stock of Phoenix Downs.  Money is hard to come by.  This loot thing is interesting but getting some of the Bazaar items seems like too much to try and keep track of.  Now headed for the Tomb of Raithwell. 
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1071 on: January 03, 2011, 02:01:31 PM »

I played through VanQuish over the last two days. I finished the game in only four and a half hours, but I actually plan on playing it again unlike Bayonetta. The plot wasn't anything spectacular, but it didn't matter because the gameplay was where VanQuish excelled. Unless you can count inFAMOUS as a 3rd person, over the shoulder, cover based shooter (and I don't personally though it does have those elements), VanQuish was my first experience with that type of gameplay and I loved it. Though part of that love is easily the AR suit's boost and melee attacks which became an integral part of how I fought and defeated a good chunk of the boss type enemies.

Still, after only four and a half hours of play time I don't know that it would be worth full price. I'm glad I nailed it on Amazon for forty something dollars the week of Black Friday. If it weren't for the fact that I'll definitely play through it again a few times I probably would have waited and bought it for cheaper.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1072 on: January 03, 2011, 02:10:21 PM »

Nier - I'm still enjoying it, but starting to understand why some people might have had a problem with the game. The world is too small! You just go back and forth to the same 5 or 6 areas over and over again.
 Perhaps the game will suddenly open up soon, but I doubt it. It feels like I'm getting pretty close to the end. I'm anxious to see how the story plays out. It really IS the #1 reason to play this.

Playing: DA: Inquisition
Reading: A Canticle for Leibowitz
Wilsongt

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1073 on: January 03, 2011, 08:22:36 PM »

Final Fantasy XIII - Started doing some things in the Titan's Trials. God I fucking hate grinding, but love it at the same time.

Nier -- Went to that village in the sky, while also doing the sidequest where I can't break the item. Got to the place, got told to go the fuck away, realized I needed to finish the quest... Broke the item. Fuck that shit. There's no way I'll be able to not break the item. Anyway, fought a boss then went back to check on Yonah. I really like the back and forth between Nier and Weiss.
Archendrus

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1074 on: January 03, 2011, 08:31:44 PM »

Well, I gave up on both Star Ocean 2 and SMT Nocturne(blasphemy, I know = \)  Got right up to the end of SO2, couldn't beat the final boss, and didn't feel like gettin' my grind on to finish it.

Sooo... I started playing Tales of Phantasia, I've never really played this series.  And Splatterhouse on the PS3 which, despite what the reviews say, is pretty freakin' awesome...and LONG.  I'm on stage 10 and it says I've completed 27% of story mode.
Azrael

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1075 on: January 03, 2011, 08:44:54 PM »

It sounds like you took the limiter off of Indalecio(SO2 Boss?) because he really isn't that hard.  If you really are that underleveled and you're at the final boss, it may be worth checking out the Cave of Trials.  It's an interesting challenge and will level you up REAL fast.

FFXII - In the Nam-Yensa Sea.  Holy shit is this place big.  Got freaking lost in some cave and basically just been building levels a bit.  I finally figured out this Quickening business though and understand how to do some serious damage with it.  It's really only useful if you have 3 people with their Quickenings.
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1076 on: January 03, 2011, 09:09:16 PM »

It sounds like you took the limiter off of Indalecio(SO2 Boss?) because he really isn't that hard.  If you really are that underleveled and you're at the final boss, it may be worth checking out the Cave of Trials.  It's an interesting challenge and will level you up REAL fast.

Limiter ON Indalecio was pretty tough my first time playing the game way back when, I couldn't beat him anyways.  His spells ruined me until I discovered Item Creation...

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1077 on: January 03, 2011, 11:19:41 PM »

There are six total.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1078 on: January 03, 2011, 11:54:19 PM »

There are six total.

I would have guessed nine...

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: January 03, 2011, 11:59:04 PM »

There are six total.

Awesome. i would also have guessed nine, heh.

I started 999 today in fact, great game. I'm still early in, like maybe an hour and a bit but it's fascinating so far. I haven't played a ton of graphic adventures (most recently, Heavy Rain), so this is still pretty new to me. And the story is really making me go WTF already.

Also new to me are (first-person) shooters. I started up Call of Duty: Modern Warfare last night. The first four or five hours were pretty fun and not much of a learning curve so far. BUT. I'm playing on recruit, which is the first time I've played anything equivalent to an easy mode in years. Or, you know, ever. My goal is to NOT play on recruit in MW2 or Black Ops though.... :P

Now I have to do those four or five hours of MW all over again because I was on someone else's PS3. Hopefully this means I die less in my own save since I've had practice. :P (No seriously, it's pathetic the number of times at first that I missed the grenade indicator.)

EDIT: Also, why is my Modern Warfare name Soap?! (I know sometimes I'm Jackson or an assassinated president, but still!)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 12:34:20 AM by kyuusei » Logged

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 101 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: