Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 31, 2014, 11:46:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327884 Posts in 13424 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Super RPGFan Game Journal IV - The New Warriors: The Revenge The Movie The Game
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 101 Print
Author Topic: Super RPGFan Game Journal IV - The New Warriors: The Revenge The Movie The Game  (Read 145089 times)
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1365 on: February 16, 2011, 05:29:00 PM »

Pokemon was always a solitary thing with me. I never traded or battled unless it was to get Gengar.

The most social thing i ever did regarding Pokemon was talking with everyone on the playground about rumours we had heard about catching Mew.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: February 16, 2011, 09:28:37 PM »

Shit store didn't have Ys 1 & 2, nor did it have either pre-order bonus for TO or DQVI.

Ys I & II comes out next week, it WAS slated for this week but they didn't officially announce a date until earlier this month I think. Given the stiff competition this week I can't really blame them for holding it back a little bit longer.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1367 on: February 16, 2011, 11:39:21 PM »

I always had my brother to trade and do versus battles with. Though other than that, Pokemon was always a solitary thing for me, too.

In Supreme Commander 2, I'm playing Co-op with a friend, taking down the Computer. Even though it's set on easy, it's still hard and takes hours to complete a single game. In our last one we were at a stalemate until we found one of the enemy commanders and my friend tooke him out with the artiliary. Then we spammed nukes until we got the other commander and my friend sent in some troops to finish the job.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1368 on: February 16, 2011, 11:53:36 PM »

I was just reading through this thread...

http://www.rpgfan.com/boards/index.php?topic=5659.30

WOW is all I have to say :)

supersonic
Prefers JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1369 on: February 16, 2011, 11:55:43 PM »

Wild Arms 3 - I'm enjoying it so far, I guess. The menus and stuff feel pretty archaic, though. The translation is infinitely better than WA2 (WA1 was fine, as far as I remember), although it feels kinda dry...Boss fights are definitely more challenging than 1 and 2, I actually feel kinda underleveled and not being able to buy healing items doesn't help.

Ghost Trick - it's awesome. Enough said.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1370 on: February 17, 2011, 12:25:15 AM »

Wild Arms 3 - I'm enjoying it so far, I guess. The menus and stuff feel pretty archaic, though. The translation is infinitely better than WA2 (WA1 was fine, as far as I remember), although it feels kinda dry...Boss fights are definitely more challenging than 1 and 2, I actually feel kinda underleveled and not being able to buy healing items doesn't help.

Wild Arms 3's last boss and super bosses will make you cry.  They're more about tactics, and they bloody string you out. 
Advice: DO THE GARDEN SIDEQUEST DO IT DO IT DO IT.  IT IS missable, I think....

I loved Ghost Trick.  I can happily say I won't forget playing it anytime soon.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1371 on: February 17, 2011, 02:31:28 AM »

Taelus (Stephen) and I ripped in some Marvel vs Capcom 3 last night. He came out on top with 6 wins to my 4, but there were a bunch of really good fights. If anyone wants to throw down on PSN, my ID is Breadnought.
supersonic
Prefers JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1372 on: February 17, 2011, 12:41:07 PM »

Wild Arms 3's last boss and super bosses will make you cry.  They're more about tactics, and they bloody string you out. 
Advice: DO THE GARDEN SIDEQUEST DO IT DO IT DO IT.  IT IS missable, I think....

I loved Ghost Trick.  I can happily say I won't forget playing it anytime soon.

I'm not using a guide so there's a good chance I will miss it I guess.....I'm not really planning on doing the post-game stuff anyway.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1373 on: February 17, 2011, 12:47:24 PM »

Not even for post game, I'm saying strictly for the final boss.  If you missed that sidequest, then don't miss the "Violator" at the Dim Root Path - it's the ultimate "I'm gonna fuck you" weapon.
(post-game's 100 floor, no-save dungeon isn't worth it anyhow).

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1374 on: February 17, 2011, 11:15:49 PM »

Played some more Pokemon and Summon Night: Sworcraft Story. I wasn't feeling SCS so I didn't make much progress. In pokemon I took Vanguard's advice and took on Team Rocket underlevelled and barely made it through. I'm not taking on the Gym Leader so under prepared.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1375 on: February 18, 2011, 01:51:49 AM »

Shit store didn't have Ys 1 & 2, nor did it have either pre-order bonus for TO or DQVI.

Ys I & II comes out next week, it WAS slated for this week but they didn't officially announce a date until earlier this month I think. Given the stiff competition this week I can't really blame them for holding it back a little bit longer.

Saw that this morning on RPGamer. Still doesn't excuse my having to travel cross town just to pick up my Slime plushie (though offering me a $5 discount on 4 Heroes of Light did mitigate my frustrations somewhat). At least I'm all squared away with that clusterfuck, now I just need to get through purchases of Ys 1 & 2, Radiant Historia, Legend of Heroes VI part 1, and the reprint of Super Mario All-Stars (also a 5thGen Pokemon for a sibling's B-Day gift) and I should be done with the worst of it this year.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1376 on: February 18, 2011, 09:01:31 AM »

Darksiders - hanging out with some huge Scottish speaking dude. Supposed to be going after something called "Greiver" now.
I'm enjoying this game, although it IS a bit repetitive.

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
supersonic
Prefers JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1377 on: February 18, 2011, 01:18:24 PM »

Played some more Wild Arms 3 last night. The game seems a bit unbalanced as the last few bosses were quite easy. In any event, I am enjoying the dungeons and the puzzles. I also like the small scope of this game so far (small towns, short dungeons, etc.) -- it almost feels like a handheld game actually. Exactly what I needed after the huge dungeons and areas of S04.

kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: February 18, 2011, 09:00:22 PM »

More Blops, but mostly MvC3. Made the mistake of making myself available for online play while in arcade mode. It's been fun though. Dante has a LOT of moves so I spent a bunch of time in missions learning some of them. I love that he can devil trigger and that I can make him look like he belongs in Digital Devil Saga.

Still don't really have a team. I've tried most of the roster, but I've pretty much decided that She-Hulk and a couple of others suck ass. And that Zero is a pain in the fucking ass to defend against.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1379 on: February 19, 2011, 03:02:11 AM »

After many days, I finally finished Red Dead Redemption. And the only thing I can say is that, this is one of the best stories (if not the best) that I have experienced in a video game.

From the beginning to the very end, this game was the definition of excellent. Granted, is not perfect but is almost there.

And the fact that the game itself has so much content that is almost stupid it makes the experience even better. Which is ironic, because many came to this game for the content but they stay for the story and characters at the end.

I'm impress in how this is not a TV series or a two-part movie. And yeah, I'm really interested now in how the hell Rockstar is going to reach the bar of Red Dead Redemption with L.A. Noire.

Only time will tell I guess...
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 101 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: