Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 22, 2014, 07:21:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341334 Posts in 13950 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Super RPGFan Game Journal IV - The New Warriors: The Revenge The Movie The Game
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 101 Print
Author Topic: Super RPGFan Game Journal IV - The New Warriors: The Revenge The Movie The Game  (Read 151944 times)
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1380 on: February 19, 2011, 07:02:31 PM »

I'm playing Resident Evil for the 1st time since it came out...

FULL MOTION VIDEO

edit: was having a damn blast w/ Res Evil, got used to the controls, played Moonlight Sonata, etc. then I tried to save and my fucking memory card was filled.

Risk saved games nontheless.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 09:43:46 PM by Yoda » Logged
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1381 on: February 20, 2011, 03:14:24 PM »

I HATED PLAYING NEW GAMES when the memory card is FULL.. ;____;
That happened to me mooore than enough.

I'm*finally* playing Tales of Eternia.  Awesome game, but really lost the humour that Destiny had, but certainly offers a more fulfilling experience.  The AI is retarded and likes to avoid conflict, and I think developers knew this by giving Reid (the hero) a weapon acquiring ratio of 8:1 compared to the rest of the party...  Awesome 2D graphics, but some elements didn't port well to the PSP (some graphic clipping, and sounds and music get awkward at times).
I'm also super glad that copy doesn't have the infamous "Volt Glitch" - I lucked the fuck out.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Vanguard

I am America, and I hate JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1382 on: February 20, 2011, 07:12:02 PM »

Caught Ho-oh and am now at Indigo Plateau in Pokemon Heartgold. Just for fun, I tried the Elite Four and made it to the fourht person, but her Houndoom wrecked my whole team. Back to the grinding board, I suppose. I really need to evolve my Growlithe but I don't have a Fire Stone and it isn't saturday so I can't just get one in the Bug Competition.

Thoren: Astronomers fucking love stars and shit. Whitman was a bitch.
Hidoshi: Walt Whitman could beat you with both dicks tied behind his back.
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1383 on: February 20, 2011, 07:21:22 PM »

Was playing the +1 in GoldenEye and I was impressed. In 1hit killz she held her own and even had the lead at a point. She had fun, which is cool. I'll have to get more classic nintendo games. She said she'd play Ocarina if I got it. I'll probably get that, mario kart, and maybe diddy kong racing in the future (i liked diddy kong!)

What's funny is she tried the campaign for Goldeneye and couldn't do anything. Interesting considering how decent she was at pvp.

I HATED PLAYING NEW GAMES when the memory card is FULL.. ;____;
That happened to me mooore than enough.

I was LOLing at the "free space" left on the card after I deleted age old FF8 and Risk save data. It's really amazing how far flash memory has come. I couldn't hold one of my longer word docs on this thing.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1384 on: February 20, 2011, 10:19:06 PM »

Trying to write up some documentation for my game engine so I can pass it off to some of my major bros to beta test for me because i am tired of beta-ing this.

As mentioned elsewhere i basically have no free time right now.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1385 on: February 21, 2011, 12:44:12 AM »

I picked up a copy of Prototype the other day.  It's not bad, but I think I would like it a lot more if I hadn't played inFamous first.  Prototype has some fun toys to play with but not a whole lot of soul to back it up, whereas inFamous has some fun toys to play with and a fairly strong narrative to keep your interest.

Got a copy of Yakuza 3 coming in tomorrow.  I've heard lots of good things about this one.

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1386 on: February 21, 2011, 09:46:56 AM »

Darksiders - getting frustrated by the lack of healing items. Vulgrim is all over the place in the outside world, but once you get in a dungeon area he's nowhere to be found. Plus, you don't find healing stones(or whatever they are) in treasure boxes or from enemies. Basically, you're screwed, and have to play through the whole Zelda-like dungeon with only the occasional healing treasure box to help. Let alone having to fight the boss without any items. Not cool.

Playing: DA: Inquisition
Reading: Mistbron#3: Hero of Ages
Azrael

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1387 on: February 21, 2011, 11:04:40 AM »

Still couldn't get into Tales of the Abyss (I've left Baticul and am in some Ruins right now) so I decided to shelf it and pop in Star Ocean 3, which I totally got into and am now in Airyglyph with Nel and Cliff. What I really wish is I had a PSX mem card so I could play Star Ocean 2. Oh how badly I've wanted to play Star Ocean 2.
Vanguard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1388 on: February 21, 2011, 03:07:48 PM »

Beat the Elite Four and am on my way to Kanto. Lance is like the kid who spends all his time playing a game and uses the most annoying thing possible. Seriously, who has three Dragonites? Dick move, sir. Dick move.

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1389 on: February 21, 2011, 04:17:25 PM »

Beat the Elite Four and am on my way to Kanto. Lance is like the kid who spends all his time playing a game and uses the most annoying thing possible. Seriously, who has three Dragonites? Dick move, sir. Dick move.

My son has been playing this game and is stuck on Lance. He gave up after trying several times to beat him. Any tips for him?

Playing: DA: Inquisition
Reading: Mistbron#3: Hero of Ages
Vanguard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1390 on: February 21, 2011, 04:55:25 PM »

Lance is hard because he can counter the obvious weaknesses of his Dragonites. Ice will deal 4x damage, but his Dragonites and Charmanders will make short work of any ice type Pokemon with a single Fire Blast. You can't circumvent this by using a water type that knows an ice-based move because the Dragonites can cast Thunder. Both Dragon and Rock types will deal double damage, which is maybe a better/easier route to go.

The reality is, you need something moderately fast that can take a beating and still deal damage to take down his Dragonites. I used my Arcanine, a fire-type, because none of his Dragonites have an obvious counter. However, even then, he still wasn't easy.

What Pokemon is he using? It's hard to suggest a strategy without knowing what resources he has. Also, no matter how prepared his Pokemon are, he still still needs to go in with a lot of healing items (20 Hyper Potions, Revives, Full Heals, 10 Full Restores at a minimum).

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1391 on: February 21, 2011, 05:06:54 PM »

My son has been playing this game and is stuck on Lance. He gave up after trying several times to beat him. Any tips for him?

Ice. Ice. Baby Ice.

On a serious note Ice moves are typically the way to go. Get something like a Pilloswine or a Gryados with Ice Beam or Blizzard and just wreck his shit. Electric moves are a good fall back since his Gryados is typically his biggest roadblock and his other Dragons all have Flying in there somewhere.

That said, DQIX. Goddammit DQIX. NOW you're dumping top tier items on me even though they're weapons that I can easily grind from those two S ranked chests in that one grotto I grind versus those annoying 2% grotto boss drops. Oh well, at least I only have two more top tier weapons left to acquire now and one of those can still be acquired during this week's DQVC.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1392 on: February 21, 2011, 07:28:25 PM »

Fallout 3.

Hunting down all the behemoths and making all the weapons.

Basically, achievement whoring
supersonic
Prefers JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1393 on: February 21, 2011, 07:40:07 PM »

I'm about to give up on Wild Arms 3. Has anyone ever completed this game without a FAQ??

Anyway, I guess I'm nearing the end of chapter 3, got the dragon and did a few dungeons after that. Finding your way around up to this point has been a pain in the ass, I had to consult a FAQ a few times because the directions the game gives you (like "south-east of the southern island is some town blablabla) are sometimes so vague and so un-related (on their face) to the story that you genuinely don't know where to go next. The worst part is that you sometimes have to talk to some random NPCs in some random places to push the story forward. And then you are walking around pressing square to activate the search hoping that you will find that next dungeon. Seriously, WTF is this shit? I don't remember having to use a FAQ even once when I was playing WA1 and WA2, and WA3 feels like Final Fantasy I at times. I hear they got rid of the world map in WA4 - good riddance I say.

Anyway, now I actually know where I am supposed to go but I can't enter the dungeon (cradle of metal gods) because of some sort of barrier. The game doesn't give you a clue where to go now. So I consult my FAQ and it turns I have to go talk to this dude in a town on the other side of the world and he will tell me what to do. Another surprise - now it turns out I need all the mediums. Some NPCs did mention something about some "guardian lords" earlier in the game, but I thought it was some optional stuff. Nope, it's actually mandatory. The game doesn't give you any indication that it is. Really, the lack of direction you get in this game for a 2002 title is astounding. It's too bad because I like the dungeons and puzzles, there were a few cool battles here and there and the music is great. But I can't shake this feeling that I'm playing some sort of NES game at times. It's really puzzling because WA1 and WA2 were not like that AT ALL.

Anyway, I'm about to hit reset on my PS2. Maybe I'll come back to it later (yeah, right).
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 07:42:11 PM by supersonic » Logged
Belmondo of Blood

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1394 on: February 21, 2011, 08:53:38 PM »

I'm about to give up on Wild Arms 3. Has anyone ever completed this game without a FAQ??

Oh man I feel you there.  I tried playing that game years ago when it came out and while I loved a good deal of the presentation (such as the changing opening movie) I missed one of the key tools needed to solve some puzzles and I just didn't want to go back to collect the item I missed...

Though I'm back trying Record of Agarest War again so judge my soul accordingly...
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 101 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: