Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2014, 09:02:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338222 Posts in 13846 Topics by 2215 Members
Latest Member: RPGtourguide
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  FINAL FANTASY XIII
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 53 Print
Author Topic: FINAL FANTASY XIII  (Read 94993 times)
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #450 on: April 21, 2010, 05:49:51 PM »

Just got my very first platinum. First time I ever really bothered with trophies.

I was going to go for it, but I'll probably get bored and go after Resonance of Fate instead.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #451 on: April 21, 2010, 05:57:25 PM »

I planned for it, but seeing that there was likely too much grind made me decide to bow out, especially with the game having worn thin and so many new games to be playing instead, let alone my backlog.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #452 on: April 21, 2010, 06:59:19 PM »

At this point I'm not even sure I'm going to finish the game, let alone platinum it.  After a point I just got sick of it, and there are better games out there to keep my occupied.

Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #453 on: April 21, 2010, 07:06:31 PM »

I planned for it, but seeing that there was likely too much grind made me decide to bow out, especially with the game having worn thin and so many new games to be playing instead, let alone my backlog.

Haha same here.  I loved the battle system so much; but eventually it was just too much of one thing.... unless gallivanting around the item and shops screens count.... then it's still too much of only two things the game offers.

Fuck, Tales of games at least offer an already existing card game haha

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #454 on: April 21, 2010, 07:14:30 PM »

It seems like there isn't even any battles that require uber weapons in the first place. The treasure trophy is the one that appears to take forever.
Saviour

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #455 on: April 21, 2010, 11:34:18 PM »

Good to hear everyone is giving up on the platinum. It would be lame if it was so easy that every person could go 100% like Uncharted 2. That said, FFXIII's is pretty easy to get.

Finished RPG Count: 90
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #456 on: April 22, 2010, 01:42:35 AM »

What does "platinuming" the game consist of?
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #457 on: April 22, 2010, 02:16:39 AM »

Good to hear everyone is giving up on the platinum. It would be lame if it was so easy that every person could go 100% like Uncharted 2. That said, FFXIII's is pretty easy to get.

That's kind of an elitist mindset though. Effort needs to be made, yes, but that looks to be the case for Uncharted 2 unlike, say, that 360 Avatar game. At the least I don't have all the trophies, and kind of doubt I ever will (though Uncharted 2 IS good enough to replay).

Thoren: Platinum just means you earned all the trophies, or at least the ones the game has without expansions. The equivalent for the 360 would be getting a 1000/1000 gamerscore.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #458 on: April 22, 2010, 04:05:00 AM »

I was expecting more grinding actually. By the time you do all the missions and obtain all rare items you'll have maxed the chrystarium for the seal master trophy and will have enough money to obtain the treasure hunter trophy. Just create a separate save and sell everything as you upgrade it. With a good guide (I also used an excel sheet someone posted on gamefaqs that gives you the most cost effective way to upgrade every single weapon) it's not as hard as it seems though it is a very boring process.
Then just equip the gold watch you get from the last mission and go wipe the floor with the final boss. It can be done in 90 hours. Of course I only did it because I love the game and would've done all the missions anyway, eventually only the treasure hunter trophy was stopping me from getting the platinum so I thought what the hell.
Maxing the roles and upgrading the weapons to tier 3 really helps against the long gui and in the last mission. It's not like some games where you only get the best equipment after defeating the toughest monsters.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #459 on: April 22, 2010, 10:00:05 AM »

Is your theoretical time to beat a battle based on your crystarium level, or is it calculated based on your teams stats, HP, str, mag, etc?

As far as the treasure hunter trohpy, I've read that if you don't make use of the 2x and 3x multipliers you're looking at a long time to grind for items to raise your item xp.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #460 on: April 22, 2010, 10:55:21 AM »

It can be done in 90 hours.

That's about twenty more hours than I ended up putting into the game, and enough to get to where I am in Strange Journey. Thanks for vindicating my choice!

Edit: No, more like 13 which... is still 13 hours better spent with about anything else than driving building sized turtles to extinction.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 12:35:28 PM by Eusis » Logged
citizenchris099

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #461 on: April 22, 2010, 11:07:35 AM »

At this point I'm not even sure I'm going to finish the game, let alone platinum it.  After a point I just got sick of it, and there are better games out there to keep my occupied.

I couldn't agree more. I get this feeling that had this game not been branded Final Fantasy people would be much more honest about how they feel.

--
Chris

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Everything that happens will happen today
and nothing has changed, but nothing's the same
and every tomorrow could be yesterday
and everything that happens will happen today"

-David Byrne
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #462 on: April 22, 2010, 01:57:52 PM »

Is your theoretical time to beat a battle based on your crystarium level, or is it calculated based on your teams stats, HP, str, mag, etc?

As far as the treasure hunter trohpy, I've read that if you don't make use of the 2x and 3x multipliers you're looking at a long time to grind for items to raise your item xp.

It's based on the level of your weapons.

As for the trophy, of course you have to use multipliers, that would be insane.

And no citizen, I don't care about the name and you can see things in a different perspective. Maybe people would appreciate it more if it weren't called final fantasy and people didn't have this perception, which is unique for each person, of what that is supposed to be. I got tired of DAO and just stopped playing and after that I never entered a DAO thread again, actually this is the first time I write that I didn't finish it. With FF everybody has this need to say again and again how much they hated it instead of letting it go, people apparently just can't put the game down and stop caring.
If you don't like a game don't waste your time with it. It actually seems like some people have a problem with others who like this game. I'm not being honest about how I feel?! Really?! I mean, really?

Well, since I'm posting in this thread, I just watched the frame rate comparison videos for chapters 8 and 11 on the second part of digital foundry's face-off and all I can say is wow...
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 02:01:03 PM by CDFN » Logged

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #463 on: April 22, 2010, 02:23:56 PM »

I don't care for FF6, 7, 8, but love 10, 12, and 13. Guess I'm an anti-FF fan :)
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #464 on: April 22, 2010, 02:44:59 PM »

I don't care for FF6, 7, 8, but love 10, 12, and 13. Guess I'm an anti-FF fan :)

No, you're a person that doesn't care for 6,7 and 8 and loves 10, 12 and 13. That's it. You're actually allowed to do that. You can also enjoy them all, like me. While being honest with yourself and the internet.

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 53 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: