Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2014, 08:28:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332777 Posts in 13635 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  FINAL FANTASY XIII
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 53 Print
Author Topic: FINAL FANTASY XIII  (Read 93096 times)
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #570 on: May 29, 2010, 11:35:12 PM »

This is a pretty sexy pack, too bad that I don't like Final Fantasy XIII too much.
ShadowLaguna

Rattle your goddamn head!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #571 on: May 30, 2010, 05:44:30 PM »

Alright. Quick question. Where is the best place to grind? At the moment, my characters all have their main three classes maxed, and all have a fourth in Level 1. I'm currently grinding in the little area just before Titan's trials. Is there any better place?

Nobody has any suggestions?

This is a pretty sexy pack, too bad that I don't like Final Fantasy XIII too much.

Cool controller, but I wouldn't rebuy FFXIII for it. However, it's safe to say that it isn't a very expensive deal, considering that standalone controllers are the price of retail games.

Wii Number - 1981 9892 1002 5530
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #572 on: May 31, 2010, 01:51:37 PM »

Alright. Quick question. Where is the best place to grind? At the moment, my characters all have their main three classes maxed, and all have a fourth in Level 1. I'm currently grinding in the little area just before Titan's trials. Is there any better place?

Nobody has any suggestions?

Cool controller, but I wouldn't rebuy FFXIII for it. However, it's safe to say that it isn't a very expensive deal, considering that standalone controllers are the price of retail games.

Sorry man, I think I missed that.

Edenhall. The adamantoise respwans when you exit the door and there's also a save point next to it. The soldiers you fight while you're running back and forth drop credit/incentive chips which can be sold for some nice cash. Another good thing is that these soldier mobs refill your TP very fast (2 or 3 fights only) so if you're using the summon/death method you'll be making progress really fast. Enter the door, kill the turtle, run back to the door to respawn the turtle, fight 2 mobs along the way, kill turtle and repeat.
Some monsters further down the road also drop items that are very useful to upgrade weapons.
This is where I did most of my grinding, it's the perfect spot.

In pulse, when you exit the huge plane towards the mines, there's a behemoth and a giant wolf fighting. If you take out the behemoth before it transforms the fight will be very quick and give you lots of cp. Do the neochu mission as soon as you can for the growth egg (doube cp), keep in mind that it's one of the hardest fights in the game though.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #573 on: June 01, 2010, 12:02:11 AM »

In pulse, when you exit the huge plane towards the mines, there's a behemoth and a giant wolf fighting. If you take out the behemoth before it transforms the fight will be very quick and give you lots of cp. Do the neochu mission as soon as you can for the growth egg (doube cp), keep in mind that it's one of the hardest fights in the game though.

Which Neochu fight? The one in Titan's trials or the one where it STARTS with the 5 little guys?

Because the former isn't too hard. The latter, on the other hand, I can't even get STARTED without dying. :(

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #574 on: June 01, 2010, 03:25:43 AM »

Which Neochu fight? The one in Titan's trials or the one where it STARTS with the 5 little guys?

Because the former isn't too hard. The latter, on the other hand, I can't even get STARTED without dying. :(

The latter obviously, the reward for that mission is a growth egg.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #575 on: June 01, 2010, 09:20:38 AM »

Titan's trial is easy if you use the death trick. But the reward for this battle is lame...unless I'm missing its purpose.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #576 on: June 01, 2010, 10:29:55 AM »

Titan's trial is easy if you use the death trick. But the reward for this battle is lame...unless I'm missing its purpose.

An item that doubles the experience you get from battles is lame? Yes, death can be used but unless you're very lucky you will have to try a lot of times and staying alive isn't easy if you're not strong enough. I used death myself but to resist the onslaught from those little fuckers you need very high hp.

daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #577 on: June 01, 2010, 10:47:25 AM »

An item that doubles the experience you get from battles is lame? Yes, death can be used but unless you're very lucky you will have to try a lot of times and staying alive isn't easy if you're not strong enough. I used death myself but to resist the onslaught from those little fuckers you need very high hp.

The item you get from the titan's trial neochu is the hunters eye or whatever its called. The neochu here is by himself. The neochu that gives you the growth egg is initiated in oerba and has the 5 spores. That battle is a huge bitch.
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #578 on: June 01, 2010, 01:15:05 PM »

Neogaf had a Lost Odyssey vs FF13 thread, hahaha.

What do you guys think?
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #579 on: June 01, 2010, 01:29:29 PM »

Lost Odyssey had those touching little short stories in the form of Dreams. So that gives it a little edge over FFXIII for me.

Otherwise they both are on the same level for me.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #580 on: June 01, 2010, 02:20:55 PM »

Yeah the stories alone blow both games away, although I think being connected to the game, even just thematically, made them feel special.

daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #581 on: June 01, 2010, 02:59:56 PM »

Yeah the stories alone blow both games away, although I think being connected to the game, even just thematically, made them feel special.

The disappointing thing with the stories though, is that they were so well written and Kaim had such depth and character, then he becomes the typical silent and cold type in the actual game.
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #582 on: June 01, 2010, 03:05:16 PM »

It was disappointing. Especially when Kaim changes his personality a bit towards the end. At least he had the badass soldier thing going for a while.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #583 on: June 01, 2010, 05:30:20 PM »

The item you get from the titan's trial neochu is the hunters eye or whatever its called. The neochu here is by himself. The neochu that gives you the growth egg is initiated in oerba and has the 5 spores. That battle is a huge bitch.

OK, that was the one I was talking about. It's been 2 months.

ShadowLaguna

Rattle your goddamn head!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #584 on: June 01, 2010, 09:05:16 PM »

Just beat Neochu (yes, I cheated using Death, so what?). Thanks for your tips guys!

Wii Number - 1981 9892 1002 5530
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 53 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: