Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 30, 2014, 04:30:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329976 Posts in 13522 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  FINAL FANTASY XIII
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 53 Print
Author Topic: FINAL FANTASY XIII  (Read 91993 times)
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #690 on: September 23, 2010, 09:29:15 PM »

Masashi Hamazu is a musical god.
All of his tracks are either wonderfully complex or simple and nice.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Lazlowe1984
Restricted Members

Centurion

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #691 on: September 29, 2010, 03:55:29 AM »

Even if FFXIII didn't turn out like I was hoping,the music was superb especially the themes you hear traveling in Pulse.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #692 on: September 29, 2010, 04:17:23 AM »

Who ever disliked this video is going to get anal raped by Bathandelus!

YouTube, always classy. ;) *wink*
MindCandy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #693 on: October 01, 2010, 08:04:51 AM »

I'll agree the music was good, but FF games have a higher standard to live up to.

I miss Umatsu...

Currently playing:
Xbox 360 - NIER
Wii - Metroid Prime 2: Echos (trilogy version)
PSP - Disgaea
DS - SMT: Devil Survivor
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #694 on: October 08, 2010, 03:40:13 PM »

I forgot to post this yesterday.

Team Final Fantasy XIII Discusses Missing Download Content and Future Developments.

I'll agree the music was good, but FF games have a higher standard to live up to.

I miss Umatsu...

The music of Final Fantasy XIV has all the Uematsu you will ever want in your life right now, pretty good soundtrack.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 04:18:58 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #695 on: October 09, 2010, 01:19:23 AM »

I miss Umatsu...

lolololol.

The man did create a few good melodies - but really analyze OSTs for their own merit.  FF12 did military-like themes and kingdom themes in a brilliant way; while Hamazu seems to know how to create amazing orchestral arrangements in a "climbing the mountain" style.

Uematsu is brilliant, but it is still a hit-or-miss... I personally found his recent work "not bad", and I found him the weakest composer for FFX.
I think he hit his height in 1995-97....FFVIII, while a few tracks were great, was otherwise god awful (any theme that dealth with witches or evil were just downright awful).

Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #696 on: October 09, 2010, 01:41:34 AM »

I miss Umatsu...

lolololol.

The man did create a few good melodies - but really analyze OSTs for their own merit.  FF12 did military-like themes and kingdom themes in a brilliant way; while Hamazu seems to know how to create amazing orchestral arrangements in a "climbing the mountain" style.

Uematsu is brilliant, but it is still a hit-or-miss... I personally found his recent work "not bad", and I found him the weakest composer for FFX.
I think he hit his height in 1995-97....FFVIII, while a few tracks were great, was otherwise god awful (any theme that dealth with witches or evil were just downright awful).

You are so wrong it makes my head hurt. Lost Odyssey has an amazing OST. And "To Zanarkand" was the best track in FFX.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #697 on: October 09, 2010, 02:07:44 AM »

I miss Umatsu...

lolololol.

You are so wrong it makes my head hurt. Lost Odyssey has an amazing OST. And "To Zanarkand" was the best track in FFX.

I'm not a fan of pure piano tracks (accoustic-solo's work better on me, but that's personally speaking), and I personally find To Zanarkand overrated and kinda boring.
Lost Odyssey was a good sound track - but I find it was in the case that the few good tracks stood out strong from the rest of the barren and boring pieces, his earlier work was way, way, way better.

This whole "Uematsu is the FUKEN SHIIZ!!!" is for the birds - there are other artists who can do it just as, if not better, than he can.

Yoko Shimomura has been able to flex her style brilliantly to match the work she's doing (cutesy work like Kingdom Hearts to the more war and battlefield setting of Front Mission, to the whimsical and fantastic Legend of Mana).

Motoi Sakuraba goes so far as to make comprehensive arrange tracks for nearly every OST he's done.  He makes gorgeous classical-esque pieces for medieval games, but can still bend into jazz and progressive rock.

Yasunori Mitsuda seems to pick "the good notes"; he knows exactly what's needed for a memorable piece - something that "feels" important.

These are only a few of my favorites.  I'm really sad to see ALLLLL the credit Uematsu gets, yet a small fraction of that only goes to the other brilliant people in that department.
Mind you, he IS good, but I think he passed his prime.

Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #698 on: October 09, 2010, 02:25:15 AM »

To Zanarkand is awesome. It's the kind of great piano music that can be adapted to other instruments with ease.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eSBYdQeCmg

And I love Sakuraba as much as anyone but you'd have to be kidding yourself if you said most of his stuff doesn't sound really similar
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #699 on: October 09, 2010, 02:27:27 AM »

And I love Sakuraba as much as anyone but you'd have to be kidding yourself if you said most of his stuff doesn't sound really similar

This is where I win; I love that particular "sound" he has haha

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #700 on: October 09, 2010, 02:39:56 AM »

And "To Zanarkand" was the best track in FFX.

Of all the music of Final Fantasy X you choose "To Zanarkand" as the best one of the soundtrack? I can't blame you, is a great track but there's far better tracks like "Someday the Dream Will End".

X-2 has also nice music, too bad people like to hate that game.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 02:42:14 AM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #701 on: October 09, 2010, 02:54:35 AM »

IMO "To Zanarkand" was the theme of FFX. It's just a beautiful piece of music, so much emotion. Listening to it floods back all the memories of the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSWWyCiX6E8
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #702 on: October 09, 2010, 03:20:13 AM »

I always remember the "Thunder Plains" from Final Fantasy X. The first time I heard the track I was like: :D then, a thunder came in and I was like: D: the fu...!?

Ah Sakuraba, that dude make the same song over and over again. I like the battle theme for Star Ocean 4 though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCjcLlh8tn0

Fuck awesome. Also, hur hur Uematsu sucks.
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #703 on: October 09, 2010, 03:29:19 AM »

Yeah XIV has great tracks. That song is just badass. Not much else I can say. Too bad the game didn't live up to the music.
Alan_01987

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #704 on: October 09, 2010, 04:41:47 AM »

Yoko wins :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkHefpAki60
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 53 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: