Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 31, 2014, 01:03:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335237 Posts in 13726 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Six Days in Fallujah
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Six Days in Fallujah  (Read 751 times)
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« on: March 19, 2010, 04:33:53 AM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Six_Days_in_Fallujah

I'm surprised nobody has even mentioned this around here. While this should probably be in miscellaneous games, I don't think it's intended as a conventional game, anyway. I'm curious as to what the people around here think of it. There are some who believe that this disgraces/shames their dead relatives as with anything of such a nature (Though I'm sure there would be far less of a backlash if this was a movie or a book or something, as The Hurt Locker won the damn Oscar and I don't see as much bitching), and of course some, including myself, that think that the intent behind such a project is a good one.

I would think that this is the type of game that you hippies around here that advocate "games are art" should be rallying around, regardless of whether you agree with the idea or not. It's pushing the envelope.

I personally hope this game does get released. I'm curious to hear the thoughts of people around here.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2010, 11:32:47 AM »

Controversy almost reminds me of when UK anti-violence groups were flipping out about Cannon Fodder. Here's a quote from Wikipedia:

The game was also criticised by the media for what was, at the time, considered excessive violence and glorification of war. In Germany the game was banned for sale to minors. Ironically, given its detractors, the game itself is a satire on war and those who revel in it, and makes numerous statements to this effect. These include the title of the game, the title song (which includes the lyrics "go to your brother / kill him with your gun / leave him lying in his uniform / dying in the sun"), and the enlisting recruits queuing next to a hill covered with soldiers' graves. Each soldier has a name, and the player is reminded of the casualties by name at the end of the level. The game manual ended with "And on a more serious note: don`t try playing this at home, kids, because war is not a game - war, as Cannon Fodder demonstrates in its own quirky little way, is a senseless waste of human resources and lives. We hope that you never have to find out the hard way"

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: