Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2014, 07:29:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319693 Posts in 13046 Topics by 2147 Members
Latest Member: TacoBell_Lord
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Futurama
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Futurama  (Read 3750 times)
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« on: March 22, 2010, 09:37:58 PM »

I couldn't find anything posted, so in case people are wondering the current indication is that Futurama will be back on June 24th.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 12:03:20 AM »

*drools*  Heres hoping CC doesnt fuck it up.

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010, 12:27:03 AM »

Compared to The Simpsons (not lately though) I personally found the Futurama's humour quite weak.  The adventure was way better though. I approve, can't wait to watch!

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2010, 09:10:17 AM »

Good news everyone indeed! :)

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Adapheon
The original hobo with a shotgun

summersdemise@yahoo.com Kal+Imith
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2010, 01:08:36 AM »

The return of Futurama is definitely two very solid episodes. It actually feels just like the Futurama we had back in the day so there was a lot of cool puns and pop culture references and a few jokes that fell flat and the ending to the second episode just sort of happened but I'm definitely looking forward to the next episodes

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2010, 03:07:18 AM »

The return of Futurama is definitely two very solid episodes. It actually feels just like the Futurama we had back in the day so there was a lot of cool puns and pop culture references and a few jokes that fell flat and the ending to the second episode just sort of happened but I'm definitely looking forward to the next episodes

I watched them tonight, and I thought they were solid. And I did actually laugh out loud at points.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2010, 06:58:02 AM »

Seeing Zapp dreaming that he's in one of those olde time adventures was hilarious and makes total sense for him given how he sees himself.

Scruffy cleaning up the wreakage of the Planet Express Ship + the Nimbus and the Fryfro twice were also good moments.

Also calling it now, we haven't seen the last of Robofry and The Lelanator.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2010, 10:07:46 AM »

I laughed really hard at the Professor's "Chamber of Understanding" in the second episode.
Futurama is the business!

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2010, 02:03:18 PM »

I love it - it picked up almost exactly where we left it.  Amazing how it doesn't change.  Some good jokes, some bad, lots of fun, lots of weird, and (technically) 1,000 year old pop-culture references.

Logick

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2010, 04:45:20 AM »

man I think I was the only one who liked it.  Everyone else thought it was garbage,  I personally think people want it to fail, looking back at the show with doey eyes of nostalgia.  The eps were good, not prime examples, just good eps.

"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing."
~Malcolm X
Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2010, 10:06:22 PM »

Yeah I enjoyed it, then again I haven't stopped liking it.  Its one of those shows that is simply fun to watch, no matter what.  Naysayers can eat shit and die for all I care about them and their opinions.

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2010, 11:18:02 PM »

Yeah I enjoyed it, then again I haven't stopped liking it.  Its one of those shows that is simply fun to watch, no matter what.  Naysayers can eat shit and die for all I care about them and their opinions.

I *like* Futurama.  But certainly not *love*.  I will follow it; but I won't eagerly await the next episode as soon as the current one ends.  As you say, Serene.  It's just fun to me. =)

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2010, 06:15:33 AM »

man I think I was the only one who liked it.  Everyone else thought it was garbage,  I personally think people want it to fail, looking back at the show with doey eyes of nostalgia.  The eps were good, not prime examples, just good eps.

To me, it's always been one of those shows you kinda have to watch a few times to get some of the funny.

When I had typed out my first impression of the episodes I had already forgotten the "Chamber of Understanding" and Fry offering his portrait to Leela and Zapp.

The Chamber was funny because of the random mirror ball attached at the top of the dome. The oversized portrait in the tiny cockpit gag wasn't really all that funny but the portrait itself featuring a classy Fry was.

Its the little flourishes that I find to be the best part of the show IMO.

(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2010, 12:36:24 AM »

I really really like Futurama. It's one of the few shows I can watch over and over and not get sick, and I've always found it ridiculously clever. I'm pleased as punch it's back on, and I really enjoyed these last few episodes. So far it looks like they're keeping

Code:
Fry and Leela's relationship

and not gone back and retcon'd it or something. Not sure if that's a spoiler, but just wanted to be safe.
Britton

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2010, 09:37:22 AM »

One of my fave cartoons, ever. The last episode with the time travelling plot was one of the best eps in the shows' history.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: