Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 27, 2014, 06:55:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338609 Posts in 13861 Topics by 2215 Members
Latest Member: RPGtourguide
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Futurama
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Futurama  (Read 4147 times)
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2010, 01:51:56 AM »

One of my fave cartoons, ever. The last episode with the time travelling plot was one of the best eps in the shows' history.

Now THAT was the kind of episode that I've been waiting to see from this new season.

Makes good use of the setting, loaded with references both easily identifiable and sorta obscure, humorously skews the literary work the plot is based on, and makes it back in time to a breakfast of smoked kipper.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
DPB

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2010, 06:52:12 PM »

So far it looks like they're keeping

Code:
Fry and Leela's relationship

and not gone back and retcon'd it or something. Not sure if that's a spoiler, but just wanted to be safe.

I wouldn't consider that a spoiler. One thing I'm wondering about this season though, did they air the episodes out of order? Because in some episodes it seems they're just friends, whereas in this week's episode they were obviously still a couple (for what it's worth, I thought it was excellent).
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2010, 04:50:54 AM »

It *was* excellent. And funny.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2010, 05:15:44 AM »

So far it looks like they're keeping

Code:
Fry and Leela's relationship

and not gone back and retcon'd it or something. Not sure if that's a spoiler, but just wanted to be safe.

I wouldn't consider that a spoiler. One thing I'm wondering about this season though, did they air the episodes out of order? Because in some episodes it seems they're just friends, whereas in this week's episode they were obviously still a couple (for what it's worth, I thought it was excellent).

I highly suspect that their current romantic relationship level is somewhere around coworkers making it past first base. Before their relationship levels where at Fry desperately trying to go out on a date with Leela and Leela making silly excuses like having sweaty boot rash or something.

Either way their S-Link levels are nowhere near the levels of the common JRPG/anime main character relationship to girl next door/JRPG princess (at least in the sap/drama/inability to perform departments), so don't expect them to stay devoted to each other all the time or have an argument free relationship now that they've confirmed.

At the very least they're making progress (now if only Fry can forget that he's in any meaningful relationship with anybody while Leela acts like a stuck up tusndere even though she's blatantly pining for him then take forever to dick around with this bullshit while Amy and uhn...Fry's old girlfriend, the newscaster lady, or Mom or something try to ineffectually slip into Fry's pants through the use of gratuitous panty shots and bathing/shower scenes, also everyone else needs to fade into the background as they are unimportant/not walking T&A).

Coincidentally I might not enjoy a Futurama: The Anime.

On a serious note this episode was hilarious.
Code:
"I've always loved you Scruffy!"

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Vanguard

I am America, and I hate JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2010, 05:33:21 PM »

I don't why this show was ever taken off the air. I think they should have cancelled The Simpsons once Futurama debuted. It would have, I think, strengthened the viewership and perhaps, though not necessarily, cut down on the which is better Simpsons or Futurama debate that plagues any discussion of this show.

Thoren: Astronomers fucking love stars and shit. Whitman was a bitch.
Hidoshi: Walt Whitman could beat you with both dicks tied behind his back.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: