Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2014, 09:15:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
318980 Posts in 13029 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Atelier Totorie, Alchemist of Arland 2 announced for the PS3
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Print
Author Topic: Atelier Totorie, Alchemist of Arland 2 announced for the PS3  (Read 12803 times)
Chronix112
Yasunori Mitsuda / Genso Suikoden fanboi

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: October 13, 2011, 10:36:47 PM »

Sterk should be standing  outside Sunrise Cafe in Arland.  Walk towards the Adventure guild.he is near the end of the street.

I didn't respond until now since I hadn't found time to play all week, but I just checked and he's definitely not there.  Does he not appear at certain times or something?
Did you go through all the steps to recruit him?

Check this trophy guide it is pretty helpful  for things like this and also getting the true ending.
http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/atelier-totori-adventurer-arland/120436-trophy-guide-road-map.html#top

...reading those.... wow... this game is... complicated. T__T
I do not see how anyone could get the true end without a guide of some sort.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: October 14, 2011, 02:45:26 PM »

Fuck! I completely forgot that dlc is region locked! I just wasted 3 euros downloading Ceci. Fuck!

I ordered it from the US because I couldn't find the limited edition on any european site. If I buy a european copy I'll have to start over because save files are region locked. Sigh...
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 03:16:16 PM by CDFN » Logged

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: October 14, 2011, 04:49:06 PM »

Did anyone here buy the dlc characters? Are they worth it? God I'm so pissed!

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: October 15, 2011, 01:07:07 PM »

I didn't as I'm still waiting for my game but for what I've gathered so far, they're not exactly worth it.
I heard the characters in the DLC are not in any way more powerful or useful than the ones available. Also they don't have any kind of new scenes to see nor they contribute for getting trophies.

I personally wouldn't get this DLC.
As for Atelier Meruru, the japanese game has DLC but that is an awesome and huge dungeon, full of enemies, items to get and new bosses. I've seen a playthrough of that and that one looks like a great deal. If something similar were to be released for Totori I'd go for it, but just these characters with nothing more, I wouldn't.

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: October 16, 2011, 08:11:27 PM »

Traded this in today.  Too much work is one thing (and the slew of good games coming out would just keep dust on this one).  I didn't like the speed of the game: gameplay goes by waay too fast, and talking-parts drag on too slow especially for how numerous, and pointless, they really are.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: October 16, 2011, 08:49:40 PM »

Shame you didn't like it. I like this kind of game for what they are, especially when after playing games where you need to keep your attention up all the time, like say Dark Souls, I like to have an alternative, something more relaxing.

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: October 16, 2011, 09:21:09 PM »

Shame you didn't like it. I like this kind of game for what they are, especially when after playing games where you need to keep your attention up all the time, like say Dark Souls, I like to have an alternative, something more relaxing.

I admired it.... I like how it's not that grandiose quest to save the world from some outstanding evil.  But the game just wasn't a priority to me.   I didn't like creating all these items for what felt like no reason, and hunting was really time sensitive (c'mon, it takes days to grab some flowers?).  I like how many short-cuts the game gives you... unfortunately the one they don't give you is to skip some of the pointless cut scenes.  Maybe I'll give it another shot when it's cheap, or give Meruru a go when it's out.

FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #112 on: October 16, 2011, 09:59:20 PM »

Normally, I feel exactly the same as Dice about this sort of game. I've never been a fan.

Yet I'm loving Totori. I don't know what it is exactly. Normally I hate time constraints: doesn't bother me here. Normally I hate pointless cut-scenes: I actually enjoy them here. Crazy.

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: October 17, 2011, 12:41:27 AM »

Normally, I feel exactly the same as Dice about this sort of game. I've never been a fan.

Yet I'm loving Totori. I don't know what it is exactly. Normally I hate time constraints: doesn't bother me here. Normally I hate pointless cut-scenes: I actually enjoy them here. Crazy.

I remember loving Iris on PS2.... but I was in high school then and my time constraints are nothing of what they are now.  Maybe I just need to really sit with it.

Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: October 17, 2011, 12:48:55 AM »

I can relate to you both as it truly depends on not just the game but also your mood at the time. I remember I tried Rune Factory (Frontier I think) and I couldn't enjoy the super slow pacing yet not long after I got Rorona and liked it.
Even so, I like what you did Dice, some people try to force to play the game, as if it were some kind of obligation. If for whatever reason I'm not in the mood to play a certain game, even if it if a genre I like, I'll do what you did.

Some of my friends feel like if they buy a game they have an obligation to beat it. I think I understand what they think as to make the money spent seem worth but I'd much rather much my time worth by having fun on my spare time instead of forcing to do something I don't want to.

FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #115 on: October 18, 2011, 12:12:02 AM »

To people who got the special edition: was it worth it? I know the artbook is only softcover, but is it any good?

Also, as I've never tried, are trophies compatible with each other from different regions? ie. Will my Australian Totori data/trophies work if I buy the NA edition?

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: October 18, 2011, 12:28:31 AM »

To people who got the special edition: was it worth it? I know the artbook is only softcover, but is it any good?

Also, as I've never tried, are trophies compatible with each other from different regions? ie. Will my Australian Totori data/trophies work if I buy the NA edition?

Yeah, has most of the important art works (if you really want I'll just give it to you... I bought the Rorona & Totori artbook bundle.... of course, they announced a tri-bundle with art from all three games, but whatever, same deal by that point anyways).  You can have my OST too. :P

FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #117 on: October 18, 2011, 12:29:58 AM »

Woah, for real, Dice?

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: October 18, 2011, 12:33:51 AM »

Woah, for real, Dice?

Fo' real.  Don't need it. :)

My only complaint, the contrast was turned way up on the full shots of the character art.  But on the other hand, you actually see sketches that *aren't* in the actual japanese artbook.  Too tired now, I'll shoot of a PM tomorrow if you want it.  I'm in a good mood.

FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #119 on: October 18, 2011, 12:34:44 AM »

I absolutely want it. You've made my month!!! :D

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: