Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2014, 05:56:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334603 Posts in 13705 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Atelier Totorie, Alchemist of Arland 2 announced for the PS3
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Print
Author Topic: Atelier Totorie, Alchemist of Arland 2 announced for the PS3  (Read 14786 times)
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: September 04, 2011, 05:58:56 AM »

In that case we should both wait. I mean, it's not like the game will disappear. (Maybe just this special edition).

As a suggestion, if you ever get totori or rorona I'd suggest going for totori. I mean, atelier rorona is fine but just by the looks the music and graphics of totori make it much better than rorona. It have more than 2 bosses which is an incentive to keep playing.

Yeah but they're direct sequels and I'd like to play through the whole thing. Rorona reappears in both Totori and Meruru, I'd like to play through the whole triloy. I'll probably wait though even if that means only getting the normal edition.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: September 10, 2011, 07:46:13 PM »

Well I decided to skip rorona and grab the special edition of totori. It looks like a huge improvement over rorona and I'm so overwhelmed with all these new games that are being released that there's no way I'll be able to squeeze it into my schedule. I didn't expect xenoblade to be so big, that game has been consuming every second of my free time for the past weeks.

I thought you could only get the special edition on nisa's site but planetaxel also has it:

http://www.planetaxel.com/productDetails/813633011295

Not only is the game itself slighty cheaper but shipping to Europe is way cheaper.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 07:51:05 PM by CDFN » Logged

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: September 26, 2011, 10:55:38 AM »

First Totori reviews are up, much better than Rorona's reviews. They also say it's friendly to newcomers which is great. Can't wait for my copy to arrive.

Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: September 26, 2011, 12:39:54 PM »

This site looks like they have good deals, too bad they don't ship to my country.

I think I'll try to get this game soon too and leave Skyrim for later, since it probably will have tons of DLC I'll at least save some money but not paying full price on it. Totori on the other hand is a game I like because I can play it while I'm on my bed and total relaxed.

One thing that is putting me off in buying it now is that I found out the post office here is on strike, so everything is taking forever to arrive. I think I'll only see my Ico collection in about a month, let alone Totori if I'd order it.
One hope I have is my father will go to England next week and I'll see if he can bring it for me.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 12:44:08 PM by Farron » Logged

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: September 26, 2011, 04:07:22 PM »

I was looking around for reviews of Totori and the first one I found was this.  People complain about IGN reviews, but at least they're grammatically correct.  That was painful to read.  How can anyone look at that thing and think it was suitable for publication?

John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #50 on: September 26, 2011, 04:24:55 PM »

I was looking around for reviews of Totori and the first one I found was this.  People complain about IGN reviews, but at least they're grammatically correct.  That was painful to read.  How can anyone look at that thing and think it was suitable for publication?

Looks like a very, very small independent publication.  3.3K monthly unique visitors, per quantcast estimates.  Not an excuse, but I'm guessing they don't have a real proofing staff.

(For comparison, our server has been down half the day and we're at 5.4K daily unique visitors).

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: September 26, 2011, 05:24:28 PM »

Some reviews, including here at rpgfan, complain about the VA. I assume that this applies to the english VA and that the japanese voices are fine?

So Totori is 13 at the start of the game and 18 by the time it's over? Please tell me that the character models change at least a bit to reflect their age.
I know the answer is no but that's really weird.

Der Jermeister

The Angry Videogame Fur

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: September 26, 2011, 05:25:17 PM »

I enjoyed Rorona despite the ability to screw yourself out of beating the game, and Atelier is a series that's mostly been good to me, so I'll probably give Totorie a look in the future.

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: September 27, 2011, 02:21:37 AM »

Got an email from NISA saying that there was some manufacturing issue and they don't expect to start shipping orders out until the 29th (the game is supposed to be out the 27th).  This is for my preorder from the NISA store.  I'm not sure if this affects retail copies.

Oh well, gives me time to play the Team Ico collection.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 27, 2011, 02:23:28 AM »

Got an email from NISA saying that there was some manufacturing issue and they don't expect to start shipping orders out until the 29th (the game is supposed to be out the 27th).  This is for my preorder from the NISA store.  I'm not sure if this affects retail copies.

If I was getting this ASAP... well, I guess it'd take late enough that Dark Souls would eat its face.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 27, 2011, 02:30:29 AM »

If I was getting this ASAP... well, I guess it'd take late enough that Dark Souls would eat its face.
Eus, you forgot that Dark Souls is too busy eating Skyrim's face. Although I guess Dark Souls is capable of both.

Some reviews, including here at rpgfan, complain about the VA. I assume that this applies to the english VA and that the japanese voices are fine?
It's always a safe assumption to make with an English release that they're talking about the English voices, yes. The JP ones are included but I imagine are easily overlooked by reviewers.

Kim and Derek both claim the male voices are worse than the female ones.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: September 27, 2011, 02:05:46 PM »

Some people may wanna kill me but I think I'll get Totori in place of Skyrim.
On thing I noted is that while watching some videos of the western version is that the voices are really bad, the english ones, I mean. I wouldn't play in english either way but I though Rorona was pretty okay and it's sad that they went downhill with voices on this one as surely it can be a bother to a lot of people.

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: September 27, 2011, 03:49:15 PM »

I'm not planning on getting Skyrim either and I am getting Totori, though I never really thought of it as being 'in place of'.  I'm just not in the mood for a Bethesda game.  From what I've seen of Skyrim it's just more of the same thing they've been doing since Daggerfall.  I guess some people love that formula but frankly I'm getting sick of it.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 27, 2011, 05:32:11 PM »

Some people may wanna kill me but I think I'll get Totori in place of Skyrim.

Frankly, it's the choice that makes sense regardless of which game you view as superior:

- Atelier Totori MAY drop $20 or $30, but the LE will vanish and the game won't get significant content updates.

- Skyrim's LE will probably plummet $50 or more before it actually vanishes, and you wait long enough on the game you can get the GotY edition in a steam sale for less than $10. Or just at retail for consoles at $20.

Plus if you want to throw in the support angle, well, Skyrim's not going to need it, while something like Atelier Totori would.
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: September 27, 2011, 06:47:18 PM »

Pretty much what I was thinking.
I was just saying "in place of Skyrim" because I'm already getting more games than I can play, so no reason to get them all new. Well, at least if I get Totori new is helps Nisa and Gust and we can hope for the sequel.

Besides, sometimes I just want something relaxing. A game that I don't have to constantly be paying attention and while I can certainly dig into Elder Scrolls when combat is real time, you don't always have the luxury of relaxing. If it were Fallout at least I could use V.A.T.S. and let it do the work for me.
This is where Totori is a win for me, after a long stretch of playing, if I feel like, I'll just lie down and since the combat is turn based I can do whatever I want during it.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: