Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2014, 02:32:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331876 Posts in 13590 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Atelier Totorie, Alchemist of Arland 2 announced for the PS3
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Print
Author Topic: Atelier Totorie, Alchemist of Arland 2 announced for the PS3  (Read 14438 times)
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: September 27, 2011, 10:53:09 PM »

Some people may wanna kill me but I think I'll get Totori in place of Skyrim.
On thing I noted is that while watching some videos of the western version is that the voices are really bad, the english ones, I mean. I wouldn't play in english either way but I though Rorona was pretty okay and it's sad that they went downhill with voices on this one as surely it can be a bother to a lot of people.

Not the full version of what I think behind this, but...
I always found a part of the reason voices kinda suck for "games like this" is because NA has had waay less exposure to these kinds of fluff roles.  That, and it doesn't help that a lot of Japanese gaming scripts seem to be made of cheese.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Lazlowe1984
Restricted Members

Centurion

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: September 29, 2011, 12:36:24 AM »

Some people may wanna kill me but I think I'll get Totori in place of Skyrim.
On thing I noted is that while watching some videos of the western version is that the voices are really bad, the english ones, I mean. I wouldn't play in english either way but I though Rorona was pretty okay and it's sad that they went downhill with voices on this one as surely it can be a bother to a lot of people.

I'm getting both.Which is interesting since my copy of Totori hasn't come in yet.

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: September 29, 2011, 03:39:38 AM »

Apparently there was a delay. Something related to the shipments not getting to NISA's warehouse in time.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: September 30, 2011, 01:07:58 PM »

Well it hit retail stores in my area yesterday.... did anyone else get there mits on this one yet and take it for a spin? I'm so overwhelmed with games at the moment, aside from the demands of my personal life, I just don't know if I should entertain this or not yet..... I'm still playing disgaea 4 and I had intended on WKC2 once I'm through with that, but this looks awfully tempting..... Sad part is I still have the first Atelier R. for the PS3 on the shelf which I haven't got to.... ohhh the madness.......

Deciding which game to play next is becoming the hardest part of being a gamer for me as of late! I traded in WKC for WKC2 and didn't even play through the first yet-LoL! Damn my neurotic compulsion to buy and try games at release.....and if its a limited edition forget it, i just can't resist......

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: September 30, 2011, 01:27:33 PM »

My copy still hasn't shipped.  What's up with that, NISA?

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: September 30, 2011, 03:45:29 PM »

My copy still hasn't shipped.  What's up with that, NISA?

I got Shadow of the Colossus and Xillia... I just ordered it online.  I got like 50 game stores close by, but I just didn't wanna bother looking and wondering when it arrives so I paid two bucks more for shipping and I'll just let it come when it does.

I hope you don't need Rorona to get this game.  Given the first game's average reviews, I just kinda avoided it.

Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: September 30, 2011, 09:03:21 PM »

"Average"? Wut? I saw it score regulary in the mid 80's. That's way above average, IMO.

EDIT: Now I see what you're saying. I suppose this is because I keep my sources filtered...
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 09:06:12 PM by Mickeymac92 » Logged

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Lazlowe1984
Restricted Members

Centurion

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: October 04, 2011, 01:02:26 AM »

Got my copy in the mail.Should crack it open next week if everything goes well with Rorona.

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: October 05, 2011, 01:34:43 PM »

My copy finally got here.  Now I have to find time to play it.

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: October 07, 2011, 03:57:53 AM »

I played for a while today.  It certainly feels a lot like Rorona but it's much more refined.  I do like that getting license points pretty much requires engaging in a wide range of activities.  In Rorona I would figure out what requests were the easiest to complete and spam the heck out of them (and I 100%ed everyone on my first playthrough by doing that).  I also feel like the game emphasizes adventuring (healing, bombs, etc) items a lot more.  Other than perhaps a couple of the boss fights you could basically get through Rorona without ever using them.  In Totori you're going to at least make sure you have healing items on hand because (at least this point in the game) nobody else has healing skills.

Anyway, enough comparisons to Rorona.  The game is a lot of fun.  You had better like doing sidequests, though, because in some sense that's all that this game is.

An aside, but regarding the pre-order bonuses:  Since when has a tiny 30 page pamphlet qualified as an 'artbook'?  I've noticed this trend a lot lately and I don't like it.  It's worse than the Catherine 'artbook' and certainly nothing like the gorgeous hard-cover book I got with Rorona (which admittedly doesn't have a lot of pages either, but at least they're bigger pages).

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: October 07, 2011, 12:23:30 PM »

This game is pretty basic, but kind of addictive.  Always leaves you with lots to do.  I'm a bit worried with the time-factor though, I hope I'm getting through "okay" and I'm making okay decisions and everything.

... I skip a lot of cutscenes -- so many, so pointless.  Am I actually missing something worth reading? =/

I'm loving the artwork, this has been a great direction for the atelier series to use Kishida Mel (even though most of girls have, like, NO hips haha).  This style works well for him.

Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: October 07, 2011, 01:06:34 PM »

Skipping cutscenes ? I'm not one to judge but I take much of the enjoyment of the game comes from the characters interaction.

Chronix112
Yasunori Mitsuda / Genso Suikoden fanboi

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: October 07, 2011, 01:19:43 PM »

They definitely are emphasizing adventuring the this time around. It is a lot more forgiving then Rorana when it comes to time management, but at the same time getting license rankups  is a lot harder then most of Rorona's later assignments. The first 3-4 years can pretty much be summed up as side quests as you will constantly be doing them until that point. Leveling alchemy is much harder in Totori. It is harder to raise its rank, and you fail a lot more if the difficulty is anything over easy. You also cannot  just create super items by just making sure that the ingredients you use have the traits you want.  
Sanhime

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: October 07, 2011, 07:35:30 PM »

Confused with the time limit.  The RPGfan review says the game pretty much ends in 5 years.  Could someone clarify that?  Does the game end in 5 years no matter what?  Are you forced to progress through the story after getting the license in 3 years?
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: October 07, 2011, 07:41:11 PM »

Serious question - I have Atelier Iris 1&2 (and plan to pick up 3 at my local video game store soon).

Do these new games tie into those?

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: