Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2014, 03:09:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319107 Posts in 13032 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Atelier Totorie, Alchemist of Arland 2 announced for the PS3
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Print
Author Topic: Atelier Totorie, Alchemist of Arland 2 announced for the PS3  (Read 12829 times)
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: October 10, 2011, 03:26:11 PM »

I just noticed that there's already dlc for this. New characters and music. One of the tracks is free, there's also a 3D model viewer which is also free. Are the characters worth getting?

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: October 10, 2011, 08:42:54 PM »

I just noticed that there's already dlc for this. New characters and music. One of the tracks is free, there's also a 3D model viewer which is also free. Are the characters worth getting?

I'd love the 3D model viewer just because I love "things like that" (Melee/Brawl Trophies?  Droool).

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: October 11, 2011, 02:24:30 PM »

I want more chims, but the game won't give them to me. According to Totori, I don't have enough ingredients. I have three waters of life sitting in my container, what more do I need?
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: October 11, 2011, 02:39:13 PM »

Fired it up for the first time today. It's really beautiful, it's rare to see a console game with such clean IQ, probably native 720p with 4MSAA.
Did anyone get the dlc characters? At what point do they join the party?

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: October 11, 2011, 02:46:36 PM »

Fired it up for the first time today. It's really beautiful, it's rare to see a console game with such clean IQ, probably native 720p with 4MSAA.
Did anyone get the dlc characters? At what point do they join the party?

I think you need a certain licence level.

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: October 11, 2011, 03:14:42 PM »

I did some research and it seems like Totori's sister joins right when Totori becomes an adventurer and the others shortly after, so it's very early in the game. Let's see if I like the game enough to buy them.

Chronix112
Yasunori Mitsuda / Genso Suikoden fanboi

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: October 11, 2011, 03:25:44 PM »

I want more chims, but the game won't give them to me. According to Totori, I don't have enough ingredients. I have three waters of life sitting in my container, what more do I need?
The water of life need to be in your basket.

edit: I forgot a few step on the spring cup money making.
After you make Rorona's pies go to Totori's shop then make a pie there. Ceci will then give you a recipe, complete it then go to Rorona's shop, she will then give you  another recipe. After completing it a few days later she will give you the recipe that includes the spring cup. Your goal is selling the dark dews  that the cup can randomly make. Register the S ranked spring cup to Pamela multiple times. 1 spring cup can be used 5 times, and gives you 5 items.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 04:21:14 PM by Chronix112 » Logged
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: October 12, 2011, 04:00:42 AM »

The water of life need to be in your basket.

So wait, when I'm turning in requested items for jobs, they just magically teleport there from my container, but they can't make the quick jump to the other side of the workshop? Or better yet, can't Totori walk over to the other side of the room and get them for me? She can when she's synthesising, so why not now? Stupid lazy Totori.

But yeah, I figured it out right after posting. Got three more chims runnings around now. Put them to work right away, because I want a boat as soon as possible!
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #98 on: October 13, 2011, 04:24:14 AM »

I just picked up my copy today. Haven't played much so far, but I can definitely agree that it's better than Rorona. I was also pleasantly surprised by the English voice acting. Listening to Totori is quite pleasant. Though, apparently, I was pronouncing her name wrong. I had been saying "Toh-toh-ri" when apparently its "Toe-to-ri". Unless that's just bad English pronounciation in the game.

Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: October 13, 2011, 04:36:49 AM »

Me too. 'Totoro' but with an 'i' at the end. I was disappointed when I found out I was wrong/the English version does it wrong :(

... I wish I could synth a catbus instead of a boat. Or like, a catboat.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: October 13, 2011, 12:36:32 PM »

I just picked up my copy today. Haven't played much so far, but I can definitely agree that it's better than Rorona. I was also pleasantly surprised by the English voice acting. Listening to Totori is quite pleasant. Though, apparently, I was pronouncing her name wrong. I had been saying "Toh-toh-ri" when apparently its "Toe-to-ri". Unless that's just bad English pronounciation in the game.

I think it's just the english version trying to make same same-syllable name less awkward.  You get it often too with "R"'s, since they're rolled in Japanese, but English folk seem to avoid it.  Little name changes in pronunciation happen all the time.

I thought "tse-tsi" for "Cecilia" was even more awkward.  Mainly because it sounds like my country's slang for the word "nipples".

FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #101 on: October 13, 2011, 05:19:19 PM »

Yeah, that was odd too. When I saw the name I was like "Seh-see". It's a crazy world. :P

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: October 13, 2011, 09:39:01 PM »

Sterk should be standing  outside Sunrise Cafe in Arland.  Walk towards the Adventure guild.he is near the end of the street.

I didn't respond until now since I hadn't found time to play all week, but I just checked and he's definitely not there.  Does he not appear at certain times or something?

Chronix112
Yasunori Mitsuda / Genso Suikoden fanboi

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: October 13, 2011, 10:15:30 PM »

Sterk should be standing  outside Sunrise Cafe in Arland.  Walk towards the Adventure guild.he is near the end of the street.

I didn't respond until now since I hadn't found time to play all week, but I just checked and he's definitely not there.  Does he not appear at certain times or something?
Did you go through all the steps to recruit him?

Check this trophy guide it is pretty helpful  for things like this and also getting the true ending.
http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/atelier-totori-adventurer-arland/120436-trophy-guide-road-map.html#top
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: October 13, 2011, 10:27:47 PM »

Did you go through all the steps to recruit him?

Check this trophy guide it is pretty helpful  for things like this and also getting the true ending.
http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/atelier-totori-adventurer-arland/120436-trophy-guide-road-map.html#top

...reading those.... wow... this game is... complicated. T__T

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: