Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 30, 2014, 01:22:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327753 Posts in 13419 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Atelier Totorie, Alchemist of Arland 2 announced for the PS3
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Print
Author Topic: Atelier Totorie, Alchemist of Arland 2 announced for the PS3  (Read 13686 times)
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: October 07, 2011, 08:20:09 PM »

Not at all, Lard.  At least not other than a few recurring themes that are in all the Atelier games (like Pamela).

Chronix112
Yasunori Mitsuda / Genso Suikoden fanboi

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: October 07, 2011, 08:32:14 PM »

Confused with the time limit.  The RPGfan review says the game pretty much ends in 5 years.  Could someone clarify that?  Does the game end in 5 years no matter what?  Are you forced to progress through the story after getting the license in 3 years?

you have up to
Code:
year 4 month 6
to get your ranking up diamond or your license will be revoked (bad end).
Code:
After that in order to get a normal end you have to complete Totori storyline. If you do not complete her storyline you will then get a bad ending on year 6 month 6.
Serious question - I have Atelier Iris 1&2 (and plan to pick up 3 at my local video game store soon).

Do these new games tie into those?
No, only Rorona  ties into Totori. Playing Rorona first is  A plus, but not needed. It is nice because you get all the references to the 1st game, some  will not make much sense without playing Rorona. It is also nice seeing  how returning characters have changed since Rorona.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 08:34:39 PM by Chronix112 » Logged
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: October 07, 2011, 08:37:17 PM »

No, they don't.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: October 07, 2011, 09:05:01 PM »

No, they don't.

Are you saying that returning characters don't change or were you replying to Lard?

Sanhime

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: October 08, 2011, 02:31:53 PM »

Okay thanks, but what I was asking after the "end" year 6 month 6, is it completely game over or is it open ended (like after beating game, there would be extra content and you can freely roam around and doing whatever)

The way this game is described so far AFAIK, its like a arcade RPG, you get to play X amount of game time, and when that time ends, it is game over no matter how many quarters you put in... to use that kind of analogy.  Basically this sounds like a time limited game in the strictest sense.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 02:37:24 PM by Sanhime » Logged
Chronix112

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: October 08, 2011, 04:12:28 PM »

It is game over. You carry over money and whatever you have equipped  in the new game + 
Embryon
RPGFan Editor

Achieve enlightenment.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: October 08, 2011, 09:36:02 PM »

Okay thanks, but what I was asking after the "end" year 6 month 6, is it completely game over or is it open ended (like after beating game, there would be extra content and you can freely roam around and doing whatever)

The way this game is described so far AFAIK, its like a arcade RPG, you get to play X amount of game time, and when that time ends, it is game over no matter how many quarters you put in... to use that kind of analogy.  Basically this sounds like a time limited game in the strictest sense.

I suppose it is "strict" in that there is a cut-off point, but try not to stress about it so much. It'll make the game a lot more enjoyable. You will probably have time to do almost everything you want to do, and if not, there's New Game+. :)

"Man up and take your handjob." - dyeager
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: October 08, 2011, 10:43:58 PM »

Thanks for the info, this is a game I'm filing away into the "ask for Xmas" pile.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: October 09, 2011, 03:34:54 PM »

No, they don't.

Are you saying that returning characters don't change or were you replying to Lard?

Sorry, was replying to Lard. I can't remember making this comment, odds are it was at 4am and I wasn't paying attention. :P

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Chronix112

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: October 09, 2011, 05:07:58 PM »

Do not sweat over the time restrictions. The only thing that would be really tough to get on your first play through is the true ending. You can also easily break most of the games non boss encounters with Rorona, if you gear her up properly, which  is not hard to do.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: October 09, 2011, 05:09:54 PM »

I'll be starting this and Dark Souls this week. Completely opposite extremes of the jrpg genre. I wonder if I'll be able to finish at least one of them untill the end of the year...

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: October 09, 2011, 08:42:11 PM »

Do not sweat over the time restrictions. The only thing that would be really tough to get on your first play through is the true ending. You can also easily break most of the games non boss encounters with Rorona, if you gear her up properly, which  is not hard to do.

I [think] I'm a year in... WHERE DO YOU GET EQUIPMENT FROM!>!??!  And money is pretty tight too often.  Tricky title!

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Chronix112

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: October 09, 2011, 11:07:04 PM »

I [think] I'm a year in... WHERE DO YOU GET EQUIPMENT FROM!>!??!  And money is pretty tight too often.  Tricky title!
Make  various types of metal bars or cloths then go to Hagel in Arland. Hagel also sells the recipes to said items.  You can make pretty much make the second best weapon you can get by buying the platine bar from Hagel  for 7k, then when you get Chim (sometime the second year, I think) have Chim make duplicates. The nice part about Chim is it just needs to see the bar to make a copy of it so after you have shown it  you are free to make a weapon out of it. Give it to Rorona. You can further break Rorona by synthing a gnardi ring with +20, +10 skill bonus. Mine also had 20% less mp usage, ice power, and earth power. You can also wholesale the ring to Tiffani so all your characters can have one. Rorona with that set up is an aoe god that can restore her mp with her pie ability. The Platine bar is only available after a certain rank I think it is either silver, or  gold. The tough part is raising your alchemy to  the level where you can comfortably make these items.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: October 10, 2011, 01:30:14 PM »

I feel like a complete idiot for having to ask this, but where do I find Sterk to hire him?  I should note that I have already gotten the message saying that I can hire him, I just don't know where he actually is.  You have to talk to somebody to add them to your party and I've looked all over both towns and don't see Sterk anywhere...

Chronix112

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: October 10, 2011, 03:04:14 PM »

Sterk should be standing  outside Sunrise Cafe in Arland.  Walk towards the Adventure guild.he is near the end of the street.

It is hard to earn money the first part of the game it gets easier later. At the beginning just save up your money from quests and only buy needed recipes. Later you can  make money by getting 3-5 Chims and have them make items, or have them gather mats that have the best time of days invested/ amount sold for ratio. You can also get a recipe from Rorona by doing her pie quest ( make all pies). Get the recipe, and fill up all of Tiffani's  wholesale slots with the highest rated  spring cups you can make.Buy them, use the spring cups, then sell  whatever you get back to Tiffani. If you have not upgraded your basket to 100 slots do so. All you have to do is go to Tiffany  with a full basket, and then buy something. She will then give you a new basket. I forgot what rank you have to be to do this but its not that high.
Another way I found is when  you make diamond rank  go to crystal spot and gather everything. Most of the mats are S ranked and sell for a decent amount. To cut down on days being lost you can make speed gloves and travel shoes which will  sharply reducing the amount of days lost from traveling and gathering.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: