Author Topic: Suikoden Topic

VampiricDragon_

• Banninated
    • View Profile
Re: Suikoden Topic
« Reply #360 on: January 28, 2012, 04:23:28 PM »
I agree with you. Its not a main game in title. But I am saying if they wanted it to be, it could be.

Fan reaction is of little importance when it comes to this series because people just complain about it constantly with every entry.

Konami cant win with this fanbase

Ashton

• Lawful Asshole
    • View Profile
    • Leyviur.net
« Reply #361 on: January 28, 2012, 04:24:34 PM »
Fan reaction is only important when it supports your particular viewpoint?

VampiricDragon_

• Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: January 28, 2012, 04:26:20 PM »
People where complaining, there wasnt enough suikoden. Now some people are complaining a new suikoden is launching but it isnt "vi".

I was just saying fan reaction to suikoden over the years has been somewhat insane

Ashton

• Lawful Asshole
    • View Profile
    • Leyviur.net
« Reply #363 on: January 28, 2012, 04:27:04 PM »
Fan reaction over the years to EVERYTHING has been insane. That's why they're called fans. You don't get to cherry pick when it comes to that.

VampiricDragon_

• Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: January 28, 2012, 04:34:47 PM »
It depends, some have been slightly more rational. At least from what Ive experienced.

even going back to growlanser, people want anything they can get like suikoden, but when grownalser IV was announced I didnt see a negative comment anywhere.

Really I guess people are just hopeful it will lead to more games, maybe new ones

Ashton

• Lawful Asshole
    • View Profile
    • Leyviur.net
« Reply #365 on: January 28, 2012, 04:37:30 PM »
Growlanser fans whined about Atlus' reveal(s) over and over, even when it was patently obvious what it was. Some of the most humorless people I've ever seen, that lot.

VampiricDragon_

• Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: January 28, 2012, 04:39:34 PM »
That was different. That was more like atlus usa trolling the fans who already had a rough time in 2010. It was like pouring salt on wounds.

You have to understand the context of that whole thing

1) People have wanted more growlanser since workign designs brought it here

2) Fans on the forum requested VI, requested the first game remake and nothing happened. Then the IV remake came out. It was one of the most requested game suggestions.

3) They dont localize much in the way of rpgs in 2010

4) They start this announcement clue thing, 2 weeks later

Everything leads to growlanser IV, they can taste it and smell it

BOOM Gungir. Your telling me you wouldnt a  little upset?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 04:41:47 PM by VampiricDragon_ »

kyuusei

• Editor Emeritus
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: January 28, 2012, 04:50:27 PM »
The Atlus fans who pay any sort of attention to their product would have realized during the first string of hints Gungnir was also a strong possibility, if not both games. In fact, many of them seemed to realize one or the other possibilities early on.

Even still, the fans had no bloody excuse or even time to get upset. Why? Because the day of the reveal, hell even a couple hours later, they started up the NEXT teaser e-mails. Which started with a G...

Ashton

• Lawful Asshole
    • View Profile
    • Leyviur.net
« Reply #368 on: January 28, 2012, 04:54:18 PM »
Sorry, but with the very real possibility of this next Suikoden not being localized (and me not really minding that), I don't understand how a group of people who (purportedly) like having fun can find fault with a game company having fun with revealing anticipated games.

If you ask me they're just a bunch of whiners who didn't get the exact announcement they wanted at exactly the time they wanted.

VampiricDragon_

• Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: January 28, 2012, 05:12:19 PM »
they didnt take it as having fun  based on what and how it was happening based off years of growlanser neglect
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 05:16:06 PM by VampiricDragon_ »

Ashton

• Lawful Asshole
    • View Profile
    • Leyviur.net
« Reply #370 on: January 28, 2012, 06:19:32 PM »
This is why they are the most humorless people I've ever seen.

Eusis

• View Profile
« Reply #371 on: January 28, 2012, 06:22:04 PM »
BOOM Gungir. Your telling me you wouldnt a  little upset?

Speaking as someone who followed and even participated some in the reactions to those hints, and wanted Growlanser more... I knew all along it was likely Gungnir or both, because given the hints AND publishing history there was no way Gungnir would be skipped. Fleeting disappointment in that window between Gungnir's reveal and the next hint was worth it just to watch Atlus's mindscrew, and I expected something similar anyway (announce Gungnir, nonchalantly reveal Growlanser IV the next day). Atlus always likes to have fun with their announcements, only the most bitter or humorless of fans can be resentful over this in the end.

Anyways, this has nothing to do with Suikoden and everything to do with the Atlus game announcement thread, so if this MUST continue (and it's probably better it doesn't honestly) take it there.

VampiricDragon_

• Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: January 28, 2012, 06:47:10 PM »
My only point was fan reaction is insane and generally has little influence on companies..............I will continue this in the ff thread for a reason

Eusis

• View Profile
« Reply #373 on: January 28, 2012, 06:53:17 PM »
I will continue this in the ff thread for a reason

But I didn't say drag other threads down with this!

VampiricDragon_

• Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: January 28, 2012, 07:33:13 PM »
forget the whole thing