Author Topic: Suikoden Topic  (Read 153692 times)

beach1

• View Profile
Re: Suikoden Topic
« Reply #90 on: November 02, 2010, 07:14:29 PM »
I love the whole watch-your-castle-and-army-grow aspect as you progress through the games. It's a pretty unique aspect of Suikoden and coming back to your base and see what new people have set up camp there or how there's a new developed section of your castle is just really fun.

Ashton

• Lawful Asshole
    • View Profile
    • Leyviur.net
« Reply #91 on: November 02, 2010, 11:45:27 PM »
Pretty much everyone who is a fan of Suikoden doesn't consider Tierkreis to be part of the main series, or have the 'feel' of the main game.
Wrong.

Considering what Suikoden Tierkreis adds to the lore, there's nothing stopping the developers from inserting it into the main storyline if there's ever another mainline Suikoden game.

Themadcow

• RPGing since '84
  • 4 groups of 99 Berzerkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 03, 2010, 12:51:07 PM »
Pretty much everyone who is a fan of Suikoden doesn't consider Tierkreis to be part of the main series, or have the 'feel' of the main game.
Wrong.

Considering what Suikoden Tierkreis adds to the lore, there's nothing stopping the developers from inserting it into the main storyline if there's ever another mainline Suikoden game.

I said 'pretty much everyone' - and if you want a fan opinion then head over to suikosource, the Suikoden community, and ask the devoted fans there...

Lazlowe1984

• Restricted Members
  • Centurion
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 03, 2010, 01:49:42 PM »
I love the whole watch-your-castle-and-army-grow aspect as you progress through the games.[...]

This. 

My favourite aspect was recruiting the people who weren't directly involved with your army, but those who actually created the hospitality.  People like the shop owners, the farmers, artists and librarians etc.  It was also interesting to see the different races of people all living in their own areas.

Those were the people who made the HQ grow so differently each time you returned.  And of course the "lift guy" was an essential find.

Yeah the characters provided new areas of the castle to explore.That was neat.

Except for that kid at the door.

"This is ???? Castle.I feel so good."

I really don't give a fuck how you feel

Archendrus

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 03, 2010, 03:44:13 PM »
I've only played the first Suikoden.  I liked it, but my OCD kicks in with the 108 people you can recruit.  So I must find them all.  Problem was I couldn't always find them or was paranoid that I skipped over some.  I haven't played all the way through yet, must've gotten distracted by shiny objects =D  I thought the castle expansion thing was flippin' awesome.  I would like to finish it and start the 2nd one, I hear it's the best in the series.

Ashton

• Lawful Asshole
    • View Profile
    • Leyviur.net
« Reply #95 on: November 03, 2010, 07:18:48 PM »
I said 'pretty much everyone' - and if you want a fan opinion then head over to suikosource, the Suikoden community, and ask the devoted fans there...

That IS a fan opinion. I'm probably the biggest Suikoden fan you'll find anywhere.

"Devoted fans" is just another word for "fanboy who hates change" so their opinions automatically don't count.

Starmongoose

• Forum Moderator
  • Contributing Editor
  • I Mean Bismuth
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 03, 2010, 07:21:34 PM »
I found that while Tierkreis was not up to the standards I would have preferred, it was still a great little game beating a lot of other competition.

Penguin Boss Demands You Join Our Discord!

CLICK HERE TO BE TAKEN TO THE RPGFAN DISCORD

Themadcow

• RPGing since '84
  • 4 groups of 99 Berzerkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 05, 2010, 11:53:05 AM »
That IS a fan opinion. I'm probably the biggest Suikoden fan you'll find anywhere.

"Devoted fans" is just another word for "fanboy who hates change" so their opinions automatically don't count.

I'm not questionning you are a fan, but your "wrong" comment is a little confrontational considering the well intentioned nature of the comment. I'd conceed that I should have said "most" rather than "pretty much all" though. How about "I don't agree..." instead next time eh? As for classifying an entire Suikoden community, many of which like Tierkreis, as fanboys who hate change... a little unfair.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 12:34:53 PM by Themadcow »

Ashton

• Lawful Asshole
    • View Profile
    • Leyviur.net
« Reply #98 on: November 05, 2010, 03:02:04 PM »
I'm not being confrontational. If I were - and if I wanted to offend - I'd have a few choice words. I was just saying that you are wrong in that anyone who considers themselves a fan would think that Tierkreis isn't a 'real' Suikoden.

As I said, Tierkreis has all the essential feel of a Suikoden game. The only thing really missing are returning characters and different battle systems (for war/one-on-one battles), and it'd be simple enough to bring them back into the Suikoden mainline games.

Your post also implied that the most of the "devoted fans" over at Suikosource hate Tierkreis, and considering most of the hate it's getting is undeserved, I made a statement based on that implication.

Gen Eric Gui

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 05, 2010, 05:20:26 PM »
I'm the biggest Suikoden fan I know of, and I loved Tierkreis.  If that means anything at all.

Ashton

• Lawful Asshole
    • View Profile
    • Leyviur.net
« Reply #100 on: November 06, 2010, 10:01:29 AM »
I liked IV too, for what it's worth, it's a disappointing Suikoden game, to be sure, but it's a great RPG. The random encounter rate pissed me off, but it had all the right quirks and stuff to make it enjoyable. The confession room stuff was hysterical, and I really enjoyed throwing shit at my crew members. The only thing I really hated was the four-character parties. Ugh.

But then I'm someone who even saw merit in the Suikogaiden games. So...

beach1

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 06, 2010, 10:07:17 PM »
I liked 4 too. It certainly wasn't great compared to 1 and 2, and I didn't even realize I was in the last part of the game until I beat it and ended up missing a lot of party members, but to me, it had more of a "Suikoden" feel than 3 did.

Lard

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 06, 2010, 10:57:43 PM »
I liked 4 too. It certainly wasn't great compared to 1 and 2, and I didn't even realize I was in the last part of the game until I beat it and ended up missing a lot of party members, but to me, it had more of a "Suikoden" feel than 3 did.

What????

No way!
I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.

Starmongoose

• Forum Moderator
  • Contributing Editor
  • I Mean Bismuth
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 06, 2010, 11:16:25 PM »
I really need to play 3. >.< Fucking morons. Why did it get a N/A release but not a PAL one when every other entry in the series got one. Sheesh. Plus I'm dying to see the plot considering who the antagonist is.

Penguin Boss Demands You Join Our Discord!

CLICK HERE TO BE TAKEN TO THE RPGFAN DISCORD

beach1

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 07, 2010, 01:29:02 AM »

What????

No way!

Is this sarcasm?