Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 31, 2014, 04:25:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335244 Posts in 13726 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Suikoden Topic
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 29 Print
Author Topic: Suikoden Topic  (Read 60021 times)
Vaporeon

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: April 27, 2011, 11:37:41 PM »

Neat ninja edit.

Still don't see the problem with it, but yes. A bad copy.

Now I need to get it to work or find a new one.

Do you have a PSP or PS3? It's only 6 bucks on the Playstation network.
Commander Jubby Shepard
What do you call a kid with no arms and an eye patch? Names.

If you come back you will find me a very grave man

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: April 27, 2011, 11:39:27 PM »

Neat ninja edit.

Still don't see the problem with it, but yes. A bad copy.

Now I need to get it to work or find a new one.

Do you have a PSP or PS3? It's only 6 bucks on the Playstation network.

I co-own a PSP, but... The PSN is in... disarray.

If it'll hold Jello, Utah will put Jello in it.
pseudonym

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: May 07, 2011, 09:19:41 PM »

For Suikoden V, I suggest using a guide while you play.  I actually did and was able to get all the stars, but I was still a nervous wreck even following the guide that I'd lose one of the stars in battle or something.  Luckily, that didn't happen.  I highly recommend using this site: http://www.suikosource.com/games/sod.php?pf=S5.  They even have a walkthrough that will tell you where you need to pick up the stars.

I missed one character in 5 and didn't get the perfect ending. I do think, however, the ending that I did get was more realistic and emotional. But yeah, 5 seems to be the hardest to get all the characters without the help of a guide. Suikoden 1 and 2 were easier with 1 being the easiest.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: May 08, 2011, 07:16:37 PM »

For Suikoden V, I suggest using a guide while you play.  I actually did and was able to get all the stars, but I was still a nervous wreck even following the guide that I'd lose one of the stars in battle or something.  Luckily, that didn't happen.  I highly recommend using this site: http://www.suikosource.com/games/sod.php?pf=S5.  They even have a walkthrough that will tell you where you need to pick up the stars.

I missed one character in 5 and didn't get the perfect ending. I do think, however, the ending that I did get was more realistic and emotional. But yeah, 5 seems to be the hardest to get all the characters without the help of a guide. Suikoden 1 and 2 were easier with 1 being the easiest.

I honestly have no idea how anyone could get all the stars without a guide.  The world is just so big and many of the stars are only available for a limited period of time.  My hats off to anyone who has ever done it without a guide.

I'm pretty sure only a handful of characters can actually die in battle in Suiko5.  That's definitely one less thing to worry about.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: September 17, 2011, 02:51:25 AM »

I've never played or care about this series but this might be good news for some of you.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: September 17, 2011, 03:37:55 AM »

I've never played or care about this series but this might be good news for some of you.

Good news! They're actually making a new Suikoden!

Bad news! It's on a system that's effectively dead in the USA so they probably won't localize it! If it's some Monster Hunter clone that will, in a perverse way, be comforting, but if Konami won't bother bringing new PSP games outside of Japan then I hope they at least bring it over to the Vita.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: September 17, 2011, 03:43:48 AM »

I don't know if I should be happy or HULKING THE FUCK OUT.

Vaporeon

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: September 17, 2011, 03:57:17 AM »

Even though It's not Suikoden VI and we may not get it, I'm just relieved at the moment. The last news on Suikoden we got made it seem the like the series is dead.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 03:59:32 AM by Vaporeon » Logged
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: September 17, 2011, 04:01:30 AM »

Even though It's not Suikoden VI and we may not get it, I'm just relieved at the moment. The last news on Suikoden we got made it seem the like the series is dead.

Yeah, plus if they get it on Vita or something our chances would dramatically shoot up unless the system crashes and burns out the gate. That probably depends on how big a problem piracy was and if the dramatically raised graphical quality and gigantic screen brings in those who were blowing off the PSP.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: September 17, 2011, 04:26:22 AM »

Good news! They're actually making a new Suikoden!

Given what Konami has done with other series this gen, I'm surprised it's not totally outsourced.

So - is it a mainline story, or this "million worlds" crap that Tierkreis did?

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: September 17, 2011, 04:32:19 AM »

So - is it a mainline story, or this "million worlds" crap that Tierkreis did?

Million worlds thing it looks like, but I can hope they try a different approach to make it likeable in the same way the original games were, or perhaps discovering a new angle that retains the spirit of those games (or just stand out period.) Though I guess if chances are low for localization it may be more of a comfort if it were straight up crap.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 04:34:07 AM by Eusis » Logged
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: September 17, 2011, 04:33:23 AM »

Sigh.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: September 17, 2011, 06:25:21 AM »

PSP title... Hope they decide to do a PSN version for the PS3, probably not going to happen though.

NOW PLAYING:
Final Fantasy XIII: The time has come...
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout: Its...Odd...
One Finger Death Punch: F*ck Yeah! - The game
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: September 17, 2011, 06:59:24 AM »

PSP title... Hope they decide to do a PSN version for the PS3, probably not going to happen though.

I'd sooner hope for a Vita port, at this point hoping for a PSN version to play on the PS3 is only SLIGHTLY more plausible than Santa existing. We've gotten, uhhh, 1 Japanese game so far, MGS:PW, that has yet to come out? A few more on XBLA, but Half Minute Hero had the other modes fucked up so forget that.
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: September 17, 2011, 07:12:38 AM »

The Vita is supposed to be backwards compatible with all PSP digital releases, so no worries there. Sadly I don't own a PSP nor do I plan on getting the Vita any time soon after its release.

NOW PLAYING:
Final Fantasy XIII: The time has come...
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout: Its...Odd...
One Finger Death Punch: F*ck Yeah! - The game
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 29 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: