Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 28, 2014, 03:47:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338691 Posts in 13864 Topics by 2217 Members
Latest Member: milz
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Suikoden Topic
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 29 Print
Author Topic: Suikoden Topic  (Read 61223 times)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: September 17, 2011, 07:23:41 AM »

The Vita is supposed to be backwards compatible with all PSP digital releases, so no worries there. Sadly I don't own a PSP nor do I plan on getting the Vita any time soon after its release.

Most releases, not all. And we don't know what does/doesn't qualify yet.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: September 17, 2011, 07:54:18 AM »

It's a multi-universe thing again, as well as looking like either time travel is involved (which would be bad), or it's a multi-generational conflict (which would be good). Really, it seems like the former given that it seems the idea is that a century's worth of history becomes tangled because of the interaction between many worlds.

I really don't understand their aversion to making it take place in the original world since the first 5 games didn't have that many mentions of each other anyway.
Chronix112
Yasunori Mitsuda / Genso Suikoden fanboi

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: September 17, 2011, 12:10:18 PM »

It's a multi-universe thing again, as well as looking like either time travel is involved (which would be bad), or it's a multi-generational conflict (which would be good). Really, it seems like the former given that it seems the idea is that a century's worth of history becomes tangled because of the interaction between many worlds.

I really don't understand their aversion to making it take place in the original world since the first 5 games didn't have that many mentions of each other anyway.
Probably due to the fact that none of the original crew remains, and its most likely the new director/writer of Tierkreis idea. Sad as it I'd rather them have this new continuity/multi-universe bullshit then  completely wrecking the old one, just for the sake of having a new Suikoden.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 12:12:48 PM by Chronix112 » Logged
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: September 17, 2011, 01:05:04 PM »

I've never played or care about this series but this might be good news for some of you.

Good news! They're actually making a new Suikoden!

Bad news! It's on a system that's effectively dead in the USA so they probably won't localize it! If it's some Monster Hunter clone that will, in a perverse way, be comforting, but if Konami won't bother bringing new PSP games outside of Japan then I hope they at least bring it over to the Vita.

Worse news! It's still being made by those Tri-Ace fucks. At least it doesn't look like it has anything to do with the previous games.

ADMIN HIJACKING: Nipping misinformation in the bud:

Osamu Komuta, director of Suikoden Tierkreis, is the director of Frontier Gate, but we donít know if Tri-Ace are developing both games.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 03:15:46 PM by Eusis » Logged

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: September 17, 2011, 01:56:14 PM »

:(

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: September 17, 2011, 02:56:23 PM »

As long as they aren't involved in cutscenes in the ways they can hurt it most (writing, acting) it probably isn't a big deal. Nevermind! I can't believe Aeolus bungled that so badly.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 03:16:12 PM by Eusis » Logged
Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: September 17, 2011, 03:36:46 PM »

Um... I enjoyed Tierkreis?

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
Zendervai

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: September 17, 2011, 04:04:54 PM »

Tierkreis was good, just not up to the level of the top Suikoden games. It was better than 4 in my opinion, though.
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: September 17, 2011, 04:08:30 PM »

Um... I enjoyed Tierkreis?

I did too. It felt very "Suikoden" despite there being some changes to the formula and the world.  They could clean it up a bit and I think it would be just as good, if a bit different, from the older titles.  I'd personally place Tierkreis above Suikoden 4 on my "like" scale, anyway.  I do admit to some sadness as to not seeing Harmonia; I'd compare it to knowing I'm never going to see Lodis in a non-spinoff TO game.

One main problem with Tierkreis that turned people away before they gave it much of a chance was the horribly compressed audio, which (unless something really stupid happens) shouldn't be a problem in a PSP game.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: September 17, 2011, 06:22:12 PM »

I really hope it's not Tri-Ace, because I do not want an action RPG battle system for Suikoden.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: September 18, 2011, 12:50:42 PM »

Here is my thing, Suikoden I and II are my favorites of the series, I hated III (at first), then I fell in love with the game and done 100% in it.  I was excited to know IV was on it's way and guess what....I loved it.  Most fans of the series despise IV but it's a very good entry in the series and the fast forward feature is funny/cool.  When I heard Suikoden Tactics was on it's way it turned out better than expected. V made me think I was playing the first two again.  Tierkreis was decent.  It's my least favorite of the series but was still very fun.  I hope this entry won't disappoint.

Currently Playing-The Evil Within
Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Themadcow
RPGing since '84

4 groups of 99 Berzerkers

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: September 19, 2011, 04:46:35 AM »

Very mixed reception so far for the news amongst Japanese and US/European fans.

There are three main beefs with Tierkreis:

1) It abandons much/all of the world which the first 5 games created, and the fans loved.
2) It changed too many of the Suiko series staples: 6 man party, spell system, weapon upgrading, millitary battles
3) Sound and graphic quality

Assuming it takes place away from the main series storyline, and that the PSP would provide the improved sfx/gfx the creators would have to add back in at least 2 or 3 of the other main game elements in order for it to be accepted by most of the  the hard core following (in my opinion).

Still, great news in general... as long as it gets a release outside of Japan.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: September 19, 2011, 11:01:40 AM »

I've never played or care about this series but this might be good news for some of you.

Good news! They're actually making a new Suikoden!

Bad news! It's on a system that's effectively dead in the USA so they probably won't localize it! If it's some Monster Hunter clone that will, in a perverse way, be comforting, but if Konami won't bother bringing new PSP games outside of Japan then I hope they at least bring it over to the Vita.

Worse news! It's still being made by those Tri-Ace fucks. At least it doesn't look like it has anything to do with the previous games.

ADMIN HIJACKING: Nipping misinformation in the bud:

Osamu Komuta, director of Suikoden Tierkreis, is the director of Frontier Gate, but we donít know if Tri-Ace are developing both games.

Oh wow, did I fuck that one badly or what? I guess this is what happens when one gets so disillusioned with the current industry trends that they start making the most pessimistic assumptions.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Themadcow
RPGing since '84

4 groups of 99 Berzerkers

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: September 19, 2011, 11:38:08 AM »

It's a fairly reasonable assumption after Konami recently announced they had disbanded Team Suikoden and brought in Tri Ace for 'RPG knowhow'.
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: September 19, 2011, 12:33:46 PM »

Glad Tri-Ace aren't in charge, not really a fan of how they do their battle systems. If I had to choose an external developer for Suikoden, Id probably go for Level 5.

NOW PLAYING:
Final Fantasy XIII: The time has come...
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout: Its...Odd...
One Finger Death Punch: F*ck Yeah! - The game
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 29 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: