Author Topic: Suikoden Topic

Zendervai

• View Profile
Re: Suikoden Topic
« Reply #270 on: September 19, 2011, 12:59:31 PM »
If Tri-Ace got Suikoden, it would probably end up something like Radiata Stories.

Eusis

• View Profile
« Reply #271 on: September 19, 2011, 02:22:58 PM »
Oh wow, did I fuck that one badly or what? I guess this is what happens when one gets so disillusioned with the current industry trends that they start making the most pessimistic assumptions.

Admittedly I'd only see that as inherently negative if they had command of the story too, but with Tierkreis's director listed there as is it couldn't have been THAT bad.

Der Jermeister

• The Angry Videogame Fur
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: September 19, 2011, 05:51:27 PM »
If Tri-Ace got Suikoden, it would probably end up something like Radiata Stories.

I actually think this would be a good thing since RS is one of my favorite RPGs of all time, fuck the haters.

Starmongoose

• Forum Moderator
  • Contributing Editor
  • I Mean Bismuth
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: September 19, 2011, 05:53:55 PM »

I actually think this would be a good thing since RS is one of my favorite RPGs of all time, fuck the haters.

Why do all your posts end like that? It must be a tough existence to always be fighting an invisible army.

Annubis

• ee yan~☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: September 19, 2011, 06:15:51 PM »
I wish tri-Ace could do something as good as Radiata again... it's been a while that all they've done is crap that disappoints me =/
(although I guess Resonance of Fate is debatable.)

Tartarus

• I'm resolved and without reservation
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: September 19, 2011, 08:23:49 PM »

Why do all your posts end like that? It must be a tough existence to always be fighting an invisible army.

Shadow Hearts is my favourite rpg series of all time. Suikoden needs to be Shadow hearts, fuck the haters!

Eusis

• View Profile
« Reply #276 on: September 19, 2011, 09:58:36 PM »

Actually, I've just given him a warning over it. REALLY getting tired of his posts pretty much being that or, in one instance, a racial slur.

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: September 20, 2011, 12:52:44 AM »
I wish tri-Ace could do something as good as Radiata again... it's been a while that all they've done is crap that disappoints me =/
(although I guess Resonance of Fate is debatable.)

I'd argue that Resonance of Fate was the better game despite the fact that both games are one-trick ponies because RoF was ridiculous as hell and it knew it.
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Maxximum

• RPGFan Editor
  • Fills you with determiantion
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: September 21, 2011, 05:08:33 PM »
As much as Id like to see them bring back the old world, I think its better this way.
Let the new team do its thing, if they can nail the Suikoden feel, then there should be plenty of new characters to get attached to. If they can't, then at the very least they wont be crapping over the original Suikodens.
NOW PLAYING:
I can't tell you

Lard

• View Profile
« Reply #279 on: September 21, 2011, 05:36:52 PM »
As much as Id like to see them bring back the old world, I think its better this way.

No.
I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.

Eusis

• View Profile
« Reply #280 on: September 21, 2011, 05:40:53 PM »

No.

You'd prefer an inexperienced team crapping all over the main continuity?

Starmongoose

• Forum Moderator
  • Contributing Editor
  • I Mean Bismuth
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: September 21, 2011, 06:04:08 PM »
Let the new team do its thing, if they can nail the Suikoden feel, then there should be plenty of new characters to get attached to. If they can't, then at the very least they wont be crapping over the original Suikodens.

Couldn't agree more. Well put. :)

Bytor

• Ego Enhancement Consultant
  • Hiding in Inaba
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: September 21, 2011, 08:39:11 PM »
I've never actually played I, but I just won an EBAY auction for it for $23.00, pretty stoked about that.
Everything's Eventual

Lard

• View Profile
« Reply #283 on: September 21, 2011, 10:07:25 PM »

No.

No, I'd prefer an experienced team continuing it.
I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.

Dade

• Rainbow Club Member
  • D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: September 22, 2011, 12:15:38 AM »

No.

No, I'd prefer an experienced team continuing it.

Yes, we all want the old team from II or III (or even V IMO) doing the old world, but there have been times where an experienced group works on their baby and still fuck it up. What you want isnt what you're getting, either deal with it or beat it.
Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling