Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 30, 2014, 07:53:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335210 Posts in 13725 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Suikoden Topic
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 29 Print
Author Topic: Suikoden Topic  (Read 60000 times)
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: September 25, 2011, 04:07:13 PM »

Silent Hill 4 was really good.  The damn babies coming out of the wall in your room scared the hell outta me.

Although it was made by Team Silent, I heard rumours that SH4 was actually an original horror game with "Silent Hill" slapped on last minute to sell more copies.
Would make sense since it was developed alongside SH3 and isn't actually set in Silent Hill. That's why I didn't include it in the "original line" of SH games.

NOW PLAYING:
Final Fantasy XIII: The time has come...
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout: Its...Odd...
One Finger Death Punch: F*ck Yeah! - The game
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: September 25, 2011, 04:08:52 PM »

Anyway, the fact of the matter is Konami are in no position to tackle a main series Suikoden at this present moment in time so the fact that they are 'saving it for a better day' shows they still have respect for the series.

If they can't tackle a "main series" Suikoden, why make this one? That makes no sense.

The post following yours may well explain it: this could be a policy about using a single series to cover a genre. For example "Suikoden" is their RPG, so even if they have a new world in mind they'll just go and make it a Suikoden game, and any horror game will be a Silent Hill game.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: September 25, 2011, 09:16:08 PM »

It's kind of disappointing if that's their policy.

I think Maxximum is right about SH 4 though.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: September 26, 2011, 12:16:35 AM »

He is exactly right.

Currently Playing-The Last Story, The Evil Within, Fable Anniversary
Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Logick

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: September 28, 2011, 12:34:46 AM »

Word on the grapevine is it won't come out here being psp and all :(
I smell a booming fan translation community coming from this and VC3.

"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing."
~Malcolm X
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: September 28, 2011, 01:22:05 AM »

Word on the grapevine is it won't come out here being psp and all :(
I smell a booming fan translation community coming from this and VC3.

While it's a bit early it REALLY wouldn't surprise me for Konami to have completely written off localizations of PSP games anyway. This is where it's most frustrating, smaller companies like NISA may do it anyway just because they know their fanbase is there, and those without US branches are even less of an issue so long as it's interesting enough for someone like Xseed to pursue, but if a company like Sega or Konami publishes/develops it, it's likely fucked. Especially since I'm starting to suspect Sega may have become more closed like Nintendo/Namco about licensing stuff out, though it may just have been the last really strong opportunity (7th Dragon) would've been a pain to translate AND convince retailers to stock period.

ON THE OTHER HAND, I do have some hope that if the Vita does well enough there'll be upscaled ports or the game just released on it for here. Hell, it seems all but 100% confirmed Zero no Kiseki will get that treatment with a Vita port that adds VA. Only thing left is for www.zero-full.com to actually work to confirm it outright.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #306 on: September 28, 2011, 03:48:45 AM »

Of course there's no fucking way in hell we're seeing 7th Dragon 2020 out here given the fact that one of its character customization options is different voices which is impossible to localize given the lack of variety in NA VAs.

Although they could try to get away with what Atlus did with Endless Frontier even though the voiced dialog in that game consisted of not a small part of the game's total dialog and had no subtitles to fall back upon.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: October 19, 2011, 04:46:51 PM »

Konami is bringing the Suikoden series back with a brand new game. Genso Suikoden: The Woven Web of a Century takes place in a world where a monster rises every one hundred years and destroys the world. A young lad, sent 100 years from the future by the mysterious Zephon, is given the task to defeat him.

Famitsu magazine revealed both of the heroís parents are deceased and he is a swordsman from the village of Terube. Jino, his hotheaded childhood friend made the journey through time too. When Myra, Jinoís older sister, isnít scolding him, sheís the groupís magician. Dukas is a loyal soldier and another one of the gameís main characters.

While Genso Suikoden: Woven Web of a Century is a single player game, Famitsu notes the title has unspecified wireless LAN features.

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/10/19/every-hundred-years-a-monster-rends-the-world-in-psp-suikoden/

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Der Jermeister

The Angry Videogame Fur

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: October 19, 2011, 06:16:28 PM »

I'm disappointed Suikoden has gone the Final Fantasy route in terms of sequels in name only, but I still hope we get this one despite the PSP nearing the end of its life cycle.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #309 on: October 19, 2011, 07:56:17 PM »

Konami is bringing the Suikoden series back with a brand new game. Genso Suikoden: The Woven Web of a Century takes place in a world where a monster rises every one hundred years and destroys the world. A young lad, sent 100 years from the future by the mysterious Zephon, is given the task to defeat him.

Famitsu magazine revealed both of the heroís parents are deceased and he is a swordsman from the village of Terube. Jino, his hotheaded childhood friend made the journey through time too. When Myra, Jinoís older sister, isnít scolding him, sheís the groupís magician. Dukas is a loyal soldier and another one of the gameís main characters.

While Genso Suikoden: Woven Web of a Century is a single player game, Famitsu notes the title has unspecified wireless LAN features.

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/10/19/every-hundred-years-a-monster-rends-the-world-in-psp-suikoden/

Not liking the sound of that too much honestly. What helped set Suikoden apart was that it didn't really revolve around some save-the-world scenario, unless it was something overarching the whole setting as 3 showed. Having Tierkreis (allegedly) do that and this ANNOUNCING it right out the gate is kind of disappointing.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #310 on: October 19, 2011, 10:44:33 PM »

Yeah, not crazy about the idea either. If they're going to go with this though, I really hope they don't make the main character really grating like Sieg was far too often. They had Sieg constantly miss out on things that were blindingly obvious just for cheap laughs, except all it does is make you wonder why anybody would want someone as simple-minded as him in the leader position. Much better to have a silent Tenkai Star than to have him be an idiot.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: October 19, 2011, 10:54:16 PM »

Yeah, as much as people have cried about silent protagonists it's not uncommon for those that DO get voiced later on to be obnoxious, or at least a new voiced protagonist is. Suik III wasn't bad there though, so that series could easily have dodged that bullet.

Of course, this DOES seem to be showing they're treating Suikoden more as a catch all JRPG brand like Final Fantasy, and not something set in a world that will gradually get better developed over time. Guess I'll instead have to hope the rest of the Trails series get localized somehow as that's looking to be the best alternative now.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #312 on: October 20, 2011, 01:20:47 AM »

Ah, Konami. They wish their JRPGs were like everybody elses....*sigh*

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #313 on: October 20, 2011, 01:27:44 AM »

Ah, Konami. They wish their JRPGs were like everybody elses....*sigh*

Almost a funny thing to say given the overall high acclaim the 2nd and 3rd title get...

I almost feel like there is a formula for a PERFECT rpg in the Suikoden universe and gameplay style -- but they're good at mucking it up, or at the very least, putting 70% into what they do than the full 100.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #314 on: October 20, 2011, 01:40:33 AM »

I have a question: Is true that during the development of Suikoden III the creator of the series (don't remember the name) left the project and the franchise entirely for some problems he had with Konami in those days?

Never played any of this games like I mentioned here before but I was always curious it that was true or not.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 29 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: