Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2014, 09:55:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331662 Posts in 13579 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Suikoden Topic
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 Print
Author Topic: Suikoden Topic  (Read 58111 times)
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #375 on: January 28, 2012, 08:13:33 PM »

forget the whole thing

We would but you keep posting.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
VampiricDragon_
Banninated

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: January 28, 2012, 10:00:29 PM »

lol Im off that topic now
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: January 28, 2012, 10:06:04 PM »

lol Im off that topic now

lol!

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #378 on: February 12, 2012, 01:43:03 PM »

So I got the latest Suikoden. I"m five hours in and it's not looking good. The music is forgettable, the characters are boring, and the story is ridiculous thus far. I suppose there's the possibility it'll pick up if I play some more, but it's really annoying. The graphics are okay, but it seems like unite attacks are nowhere to be seen; the closest I've seen is having 'linked' partners do a normal attack at the same time.

If you're wondering what the story is about, it's basically a 'every 100 years a special form of monster comes to wreak havoc, this time someone is trying to control them.' There's a plot device called the Dynasty Tree that allows the characters to go 100 years to the past, but it has to be the worst plot device ever. As an example, there's this cutscene depicting the death of an important character early in the story. The characters then use the Dynasty Tree to travel to the past to cause a series of events that prevent said character from dying. Five minutes later the character is alive again. WTF? Any and all plot coherence is thrown out the window.

Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #379 on: February 12, 2012, 04:26:40 PM »

So it's a Suikoden game trying to be Chrono Trigger but made by Konami and Tri-Ace who are less like the Dream Team and more like the NY Mets. I mean with the combined brain powers behind MGS and SO you're basically guaranteed total plot incoherency from the start.

Also the multiple characters pulling off normal attacks at the same time was something both of the PSX games pulled regularly with no real fanfare involved; and then there were unite attacks and combination rune spells in addition to that.

KC_MCDOHL

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #380 on: February 15, 2012, 07:05:30 PM »

Anyway, the fact of the matter is Konami are in no position to tackle a main series Suikoden at this present moment in time so the fact that they are 'saving it for a better day' shows they still have respect for the series.

If they can't tackle a "main series" Suikoden, why make this one? That makes no sense.

Because Konami are not in a financial position to make a main title Suikoden. Their only hope at present is to make these cheap spin offs and hope to generate enough cash to keep the series alive. The series has never been in the best position and certainly isnt these days. I still say we support this new game, however, by buying it (if released over here of course). Good sales may very well be what gets us a Suikoden VI someday. However, I strongly suggest we make our feelings known to Konami about the future of the Suikoden series.
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #381 on: February 15, 2012, 09:31:31 PM »

Anyway, the fact of the matter is Konami are in no position to tackle a main series Suikoden at this present moment in time so the fact that they are 'saving it for a better day' shows they still have respect for the series.

If they can't tackle a "main series" Suikoden, why make this one? That makes no sense.

Because Konami are not in a financial position to make a main title Suikoden. Their only hope at present is to make these cheap spin offs and hope to generate enough cash to keep the series alive. The series has never been in the best position and certainly isnt these days. I still say we support this new game, however, by buying it (if released over here of course). Good sales may very well be what gets us a Suikoden VI someday. However, I strongly suggest we make our feelings known to Konami about the future of the Suikoden series.

Love Plus says otherwise.

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #382 on: February 15, 2012, 11:04:52 PM »

Judging by their output after Castlevania LOS, they're apparently not in a position to release anything.

Do they even make games any more?

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #383 on: February 15, 2012, 11:31:21 PM »

So it's a Suikoden game trying to be Chrono Trigger but made by Konami and Tri-Ace who are less like the Dream Team and more like the NY Mets.

But has it ever actually been said that tri-Ace had a hand in development? This was advertised for FFXIII-2 (and in fact for a second my brain ignored Suikoden and thought this was about THAT) and I know they got tri-Ace for Cross Gate because they "lost their RPG know-how", but they could just as easily have gone "fuck it, we're making one anyway." Nevermind the angle that they DID development work but didn't have anything to do with the scenario and other creative aspects, which could've been left fully to Konami.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #384 on: February 15, 2012, 11:38:29 PM »

But has it ever actually been said that tri-Ace had a hand in development? This was advertised for FFXIII-2 (and in fact for a second my brain ignored Suikoden and thought this was about THAT) and I know they got tri-Ace for Cross Gate because they "lost their RPG know-how", but they could just as easily have gone "fuck it, we're making one anyway." Nevermind the angle that they DID development work but didn't have anything to do with the scenario and other creative aspects, which could've been left fully to Konami.

I thought they got Tri-Ace for Suikoden specifically, not Cross Gate.

KC_MCDOHL

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #385 on: May 17, 2012, 08:43:20 PM »

Judging by their output after Castlevania LOS, they're apparently not in a position to release anything.

lol so true, they certainly seem to be in a abit of abad position these days. And bogged down with internal politics, according to my correspondences with them :/
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #386 on: May 19, 2012, 08:44:31 AM »

lol so true, they certainly seem to be in a abit of abad position these days. And bogged down with internal politics, according to my correspondences with them :/

"correspondence", man you either got seriously trolled by someone with minimum knowledge of how the internet works or got served from the "can-o-replies". Unless you happen to have some serious backing in the form of running a big enough fan website for anyone to take notice or a wildly popular Youtube channel, then no one in their right mind will talk to you, especially about "internal affairs".

Most of the big publishers and developers are moving on these days. They have their researchers and people who talk abut making profit while pointing to colourful pie-charts and using trendy terms like "synergy".
The only way you'll get a company to take a risk these days is through projects like kickstarter.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 08:52:29 AM by Maxximum » Logged

NOW PLAYING:
Violette: Charming, clunky, frustrating, rewarding.
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout: Its...Odd...
One Finger Death Punch: F*ck Yeah! - The game
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #387 on: May 19, 2012, 12:42:13 PM »

"correspondence", man you either got seriously trolled by someone with minimum knowledge of how the internet works or got served from the "can-o-replies". Unless you happen to have some serious backing in the form of running a big enough fan website for anyone to take notice or a wildly popular Youtube channel, then no one in their right mind will talk to you, especially about "internal affairs".

Most of the big publishers and developers are moving on these days. They have their researchers and people who talk abut making profit while pointing to colourful pie-charts and using trendy terms like "synergy".
The only way you'll get a company to take a risk these days is through projects like kickstarter.

Oooooooo!!! Can you imagine a kickstarter-funded suikoden project? I bet for like 50 grand you can be one the 108 stars of destiny!! LoL
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 02:27:08 PM by Klyde Chroma » Logged

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
KC_MCDOHL

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #388 on: May 29, 2012, 06:57:08 PM »

Um ...actualy neither. I have been speaking to many people at Konami or otherwise, relating to Suikoden, for almost 2 years now and have built up quite a good connection base and gathered much useful information. Im still no where near at the sort of level I would like to be with it all but I guess theres only so much one person can do.

I'm currently trying to gather as many people as possible to reach out to Konami, using similar methods, in order to help Konami and Suikoden steer things back on track.

There is a dedicated forum for this here:

http://www.suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=12219

As well as your seemingly original Kickstarter idea, here:

http://www.suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=12812
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #389 on: May 29, 2012, 11:32:22 PM »

A kickstarter will never work.

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: