Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2014, 09:00:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334682 Posts in 13706 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Suikoden Topic
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 Print
Author Topic: Suikoden Topic  (Read 59504 times)
KC_MCDOHL

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #390 on: August 01, 2012, 10:19:11 PM »

Never say never ;)
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #391 on: August 01, 2012, 10:22:32 PM »

Lard is right though.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #392 on: August 01, 2012, 10:38:16 PM »

Never say never ;)

WHY DID YOU BUMP TWO SUIKODEN TOPICS
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #393 on: August 02, 2012, 01:05:57 AM »

I don't get the Suikoden appreciation. I played through 2 and most of 3, and felt neither was a very strong title given the large amount of old rpgs still out there. The large amount of throw away characters who were impressive in battles always annoyed me. Add to that the music, which in both games there was only 1 track I can remember offhand being tolerable...I never got behind the suikoden bandwagon. Konami has a few franchises that I much prefer to see being cared for over this franchise, so the dissolved suikoden team has no real impact on me.

Now if only Atlus would dissolve its persona team, then we'd be talking business.

TASTY!
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #394 on: August 02, 2012, 10:57:18 AM »

Why the fuck isn't Suiko II on PSN??  Is it on Euro PSN at least?? =/
2 and 3 are the only ones I really cared about. Was 1 any good?

But anyways, Japanese developers can't blah blah blah, their quality has gone down and blah blah blah. We'll see where they are in 10 years.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #395 on: August 02, 2012, 01:38:29 PM »

I'd say 1 is nearly as good as 2.
There aren't that many differences between the two of them, but in general the characters and the system are better refined in the later.
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #396 on: August 02, 2012, 04:26:09 PM »

I don't get the Suikoden appreciation. I played through 2 and most of 3, and felt neither was a very strong title given the large amount of old rpgs still out there. The large amount of throw away characters who were impressive in battles always annoyed me. Add to that the music, which in both games there was only 1 track I can remember offhand being tolerable...I never got behind the suikoden bandwagon. Konami has a few franchises that I much prefer to see being cared for over this franchise, so the dissolved suikoden team has no real impact on me.

Now if only Atlus would dissolve its persona team, then we'd be talking business.

So you consider Suikoden to be an overrated and mediocre series with bad music, but think SaGa Frontier 1 was a fantastic game?
To each his own I suppose, and you're perfectly entitled to your opinion...but dude, REALLY?

As for the Suikoden team being disbanded. I suppose its better to have the series end on V rather than produce a terrible next gen game like FF did. When jRPGs go full circle and "retro style turn based jRPGs with an overworld" become trendy in mainstream games again, that's when I want to see a new entry.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 04:32:07 PM by Maxximum » Logged

NOW PLAYING:
Final Fantasy XIII: The time has come...
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout: Its...Odd...
One Finger Death Punch: F*ck Yeah! - The game
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #397 on: August 02, 2012, 06:16:36 PM »

Saga frontier offered better music, a battle system with some flair, and a the same 50 characters that had no impact on story but were just plain badass (Lei-Fang, Liza, and Rouge for example, Gen had SOME story with T260-G). Suikoden 3 I remember Chris and the guy Geddoe I think, and the kid who's mother was a villian in part 2 were the main characters, and something about the true fire rune. 2 I remember the main character had tonfa, and his sister was annoying, and his best bud became a super dick. I played 2 less than a year ago, and I really remember nothing about it, other than the final boss pissing me off for a while, then I power leveled and came back and dominated it.

Basically, I don't like suikoden. Its battle system is boring and the music is terrible. The story is probably good, but forgettable, though I won't fault it for this, only a few games really stick in my head anymore these days. I will say outright I liked Saga Frontier much more than Suikoden as a series.

TASTY!
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #398 on: August 02, 2012, 07:13:04 PM »

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=32530541&postcount=22

That translation.

Grrrrrrr!!!!.......
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #399 on: August 02, 2012, 07:46:52 PM »

It's also why SCEA's policies are really, REALLY fucking frustrating. If they want to release something and I want to buy it, and there's nothing particularly problematic with it legally or otherwise then just let them release the damn game, especially if it's rare and extremely expensive in its original form. Having Suik I & II come here would've been a great opportunity for Konami to at least polish the localization some and axe the bugs, and instead all we're left with is a buggy, badly translated and overly rare/expensive copy.
DPB

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #400 on: August 02, 2012, 08:06:16 PM »

The PAL version already has all those things fixed, including the script. There's no real excuse for them not to release it.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #401 on: August 02, 2012, 08:16:47 PM »

The PAL version already has all those things fixed, including the script. There's no real excuse for them not to release it.

There could be issues with SCEA wanting the EXACT VERSION that was released in that territory. And given the Mickey Mania idiocy they may well be tighter than even Nintendo on that front, where previously PAL-exclusive games got converted over to NTSC.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #402 on: August 02, 2012, 11:40:33 PM »

Can the esteemed RPGFan write up a petition?? :D

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #403 on: August 03, 2012, 12:02:26 AM »

None of us are stupid enough to think that will work anymore. Or so I'd hope.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #404 on: August 03, 2012, 12:19:11 AM »

None of us are stupid enough to think that will work anymore. Or so I'd hope.

I keep an unfortunately optimistic head about things.

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: