Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 02, 2014, 01:16:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330166 Posts in 13528 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Pokemon: The Latest Generation
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Print
Author Topic: Pokemon: The Latest Generation  (Read 15359 times)
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« on: April 09, 2010, 08:18:29 PM »

After colors, precious metals (including a glass like substance), colorful rocks, and precious rocks (and one metal like substance) the series is now up to...

Race.

And no this isn't an April Fools this time.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 08:34:56 PM »

lol this reminds me of when i was younger and some kids thought the pokemon card game i had in my gameboy color was pokemon black.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 08:37:17 PM »

After colors, precious metals (including a glass like substance), colorful rocks, and precious rocks (and one metal like substance) the series is now up to...

Race.

Interpreting it like that is more a statement about yourself than anything else.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2010, 08:42:29 PM »

What is floatzel have boner :(

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Floatzel_%28Pok%C3%A9mon%29

will pokemon black + white be pokemon with boner :(
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 08:45:11 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2010, 09:10:43 PM »

I'm not really fond of the game's anymore; I personally think they gotta stop focusing on the amount of stuff to do outside of pokemon (and placing useless mini games) and more on combat dynamics.  I hated that my started pkmn could kill anything in one hit.

....yet, meybe its the kid in me; but I got a bit excited hearing about a new one.  Here's hoping they do something different with it.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Lord Scottish

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2010, 09:11:51 PM »

Does this mean Jynx will be one of the legendary pokemon?
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2010, 09:12:40 PM »

Does this mean Jynx will be one of the legendary pokemon?

HAH!!!  Love it. x)

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2010, 09:19:40 PM »

Race.

Interpreting it like that is more a statement about yourself than anything else.

The newspaper/zebra joke wouldn't have worked anyway since there's already two Red versions (the original and the remake, btw). I'm guessing that Gray will be the special Jynx mkIII edition for this generation or something (like Klingon).

I'm not really fond of the game's anymore; I personally think they gotta stop focusing on the amount of stuff to do outside of pokemon (and placing useless mini games) and more on combat dynamics.  I hated that my started pkmn could kill anything in one hit.

....yet, meybe its the kid in me; but I got a bit excited hearing about a new one.  Here's hoping they do something different with it.

If anything, speeding up the combat would be a godsend. Its slow as dirt even if you can one-shot the enemy.

MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2010, 09:43:43 PM »

It's more the text speed that's slow. It's like, message pops up, WAIT FORTY GODDAMN SECONDS, next message pops up.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2010, 10:58:37 AM »

If anything, speeding up the combat would be a godsend. Its slow as dirt even if you can one-shot the enemy.

Wouldn't mind this, especially as a game option (speed up, turn off animations similar to Fire Emblem) or something you can somehow unlock later in the game.  I never really felt it dragged for the main story of the game, but if you continue to play it gathering up all your favorites and ev training them after the main quest, yeah it would rock.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2010, 11:06:59 AM »

You can turn off attack animations. The text is still slow.

Pokemon D/P seemed to me that it was the worst about it. This is one of the main reasons I'm playing Sapphire right now.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2010, 04:59:23 PM »

the last pokemon games i enjoyed were fire red and leaf green.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2010, 07:37:45 PM »

I'm on board with Dice, as I'm sure most other fans of Pokemon games are. For me, the last ones I've truly loved were gold/silver, because it really updated the core goal of Pokemon: capturing and training them. The day/night system, days of the week, all that fun stuff. Aside from that, the art for a lot of the Pokemon was still great. My understanding is that they changed the artist when Ruby/Sapphire rolled around, and it showed.

Gameplay-wise, yeah, they're just adding a lot of superfluous stuff that's not fun. The biggest thing they like to push is Pokemon contests, but those are completely luck-based, especially D/P ones.

That being said, there's still that kid in me that's excited as all hell for this.
Wild Armor
Observer

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2010, 08:21:30 PM »

If it's not in 3D, I'll pass.

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2010, 10:50:15 PM »

I'm on board with Dice, as I'm sure most other fans of Pokemon games are. For me, the last ones I've truly loved were gold/silver, because it really updated the core goal of Pokemon: capturing and training them. The day/night system, days of the week, all that fun stuff. Aside from that, the art for a lot of the Pokemon was still great. My understanding is that they changed the artist when Ruby/Sapphire rolled around, and it showed.

Gameplay-wise, yeah, they're just adding a lot of superfluous stuff that's not fun. The biggest thing they like to push is Pokemon contests, but those are completely luck-based, especially D/P ones.

That being said, there's still that kid in me that's excited as all hell for this.

Not to mention that the post game content was the best of the series with the ability to go back to the previous region and even fight against yourself (kinda). Of course that meant that beating the elite 4 could be done at around levels 35-40 instead of levels 50+.

A cool feature I would like to see is maybe a dual protagonist system where you'd end up on different paths and with two different pokemon parties as I tend to find it hard to swap around more than one set and I rarely use pokemon outside of the first ones of a particular type I encounter (outside of grinding for evolutions). Straight dual parties wouldn't work very well because some dungeons are designed to be long isolated grinds and being able to swap parties effectively gives you up to twelve to tote around and would be all kinds of broken.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: