Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 20, 2014, 10:43:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329236 Posts in 13490 Topics by 2177 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Pokemon: The Latest Generation
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Print
Author Topic: Pokemon: The Latest Generation  (Read 15160 times)
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2010, 09:50:10 AM »

Lack of day/night cycles is actually something I LIKED about sapphire.

So, I do sort of want them in the games, just not tied to the real world clock. Maybe every X number of steps change the time of day, and let the player chillax at a pokemon center till it's the time of day they want.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2010, 02:19:19 AM »

One thing I wish they would fix are some of the more arcane evolutions (or be a bit more generous with the hold and trade to evo items). I mean, how the fuck can you determine whether a Wurmple will evo into a Cascoon or a Silkcoon?

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2010, 01:12:15 AM »

Double Post:

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3178814

tl;dr: Some details about a location, some details of shinier battles (in the same fashion that FFVIII's summons were shinier than FFVII's), and some vague crap about something called a story.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2010, 07:09:06 PM »

Alisha the game was initially intended to give city-raised children the experience of catching bugs and exploring out in the countryside.

Whether or not it's fun for adults is irrelevant. The core, intended fanbase is children, always WAS children, and will always BE children.

Children have an unfortunate tendency of growing up. That makes retaining the core fanbase sort of tricky.

you misunderstand me. i'm not trying to say the series needs to grow up. i was referring more to the incremental changes.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2010, 06:51:10 PM »

Guess nobody has much to say after the pictures of starters were released. They look pretty good, though it's pretty well-known that they spend a lot of care in designing the starter Pokemon especially.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2010, 06:57:19 PM »

The fire pig looks like Spoink. With it's curly tail and it looks like it has it's headgem on it's tail too.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Wild Armor
Observer

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2010, 10:57:09 PM »

Guess nobody has much to say after the pictures of starters were released. They look pretty good, though it's pretty well-known that they spend a lot of care in designing the starter Pokemon especially.

I dunno, I mean now you can play as a snooty lizard that has cyndaquil's head, a piggy, and a snowman. When was the last time you played as a snowman?

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2010, 11:16:46 PM »

When was the last time you played as a snowman?

1990?
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2010, 12:36:16 AM »

When was the last time you played as a snowman?

1990?

That said, I thought the pigdit (combination of piglet and bandit) looked a bit too ridiculous to me, although I'm most likely going to play as him anyways since I almost always take the fire starter.

Gen 6's fire starter will most likely be a Kappa based animal thus completing the fire starters based on the companions of the Journey to the West motif.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2010, 01:12:17 AM »

Well, then throwing that in invalidates the whole thing! At least when you consider a Pokemon a character you play as.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2010, 01:52:52 AM »

Hm.
The grass starter looks like he's about to either pimp out a "chica(rita)" (hah.) or pull out a jay and get blitzed...appropraite since he's a grass pokemon?

The water/ice starter looks like something I hugged as a kid.  Some off teddy bear.

The big looks a little silly - but I see promise for some firey wart-hog of doom.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2010, 05:07:51 AM »

Well, then throwing that in invalidates the whole thing! At least when you consider a Pokemon a character you play as.

Of course it does, but at least it gave me a chance at being a smug bastard. Besides I don't know what water starter you guys are looking at the Gen V's water starter looks way too much like a platypus to be a snowman (not that there wouldn't be a snowman poke somewhere down the line). Also snowmen would be an Ice type which cannot be a starter of any kind (as they would horribly break the game at that stage).

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: May 14, 2010, 07:09:48 AM »

What the fuck is that thing on the water starter? A penis?

FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2010, 07:26:32 AM »

Wow, I really like the look of the grass starter! Which is weird because I NEVER start with grass. I always pick fire (except for Squirtle!). Might be a first time for everything...

Marshmallow

OH NO OH NO OH NO

AuroMarshmallow
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2010, 09:29:33 AM »

The new starter pokemon all look kinda shitty to me. Gens 1-3 had at least two starters that looked cool to me, but lately I can't seem to find even one that I like.

Also why is the female trainer for white/black look like she murdered Klonoa and made pants out of him?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: