Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2014, 02:22:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334558 Posts in 13704 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Anyone watching blue exorcist?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Anyone watching blue exorcist?  (Read 868 times)
Klyde Chroma
Lvl. 7 Fruity Ninja and Dincrest groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« on: August 08, 2011, 12:13:35 PM »

I just started watching Blue Exorcist myself and at first I was really really into it..... but now I am starting to feel like the humor is really going to kill this one for me.... I am only on the 7th episode but the kitchen demon drama I just had to endure really left a bad taste in my mouth... I won't pass judgement yet though...... anyhoo anyone else watching or feel that over-the-top-humor can totally ruin an otherwise bad-ass series?

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
saltwater

Email
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2011, 03:39:22 AM »

I just started watching Blue Exorcist myself and at first I was really really into it..... but now I am starting to feel like the humor is really going to kill this one for me.... I am only on the 7th episode but the kitchen demon drama I just had to endure really left a bad taste in my mouth... I won't pass judgement yet though...... anyhoo anyone else watching or feel that over-the-top-humor can totally ruin an otherwise bad-ass series?
[/quo]
No~~Is it interesting ?You are so wallowed  in this anime.Well ,I will  watch Blue Exorcist.And then share the feeling with you.
Klyde Chroma
Lvl. 7 Fruity Ninja and Dincrest groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 12:30:47 PM »

Oooooo... I wonder what the banninated poster above me said.... unsolved mysteries I suppose....

.... In any event, I thought I would throw out my impression of Blue Exorcist for anyone interested now that I've seen all the released/subbed episodes available stateside.... And the bottom line in my humble oppinion is, while the series sports some beautiful qualities, you need to make it through ALOT of filler to get to the meat and potatos of the plot.... That normally isn't a bad thing per se, it can keep things paced nicely in fact, but in this series the humor and levity really undermines the plot a bit up until about episode 12-13 (somewhere around there).

But I suppose that is all a matter of taste and oppinion... I am hyper critical of comedy as I just don't find much of it funny..... On all other accounts, save one, Blue Exorcist has me sold :)

Animation and art style, while nothing we haven't seen, is well done none-the-less. Dialogues are decent and pertinent (when they are not trying to be cute or comical), and as I mentioned the plot is great.

Brief Summary (as found on Crunchyroll)
Assiah, the realm of humans, and Gehenna, the realm of demons. Normally, these two dimensions would never intersect, but having possessed all material substances, the demons are now intruding on the material world. But among the human race, there are those who can exorcise such demons - the Exorcists.

and beyond that......we have the son of satan trying to become one of those said expocists.....

Well, happy watching everyone :)

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: