Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 18, 2014, 01:45:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331588 Posts in 13576 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Doctor Who
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print
Author Topic: Doctor Who  (Read 12502 times)
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2010, 06:41:52 PM »

I just want to remind some of you that there are a lot of people that browse these boards that live in the US. We are two episodes behind. So, don't ruin it for us.

I am a bit sad that they cut the episodes down to fit into the one hours block, including commercials. They should really not fuck it up for the US.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2010, 06:49:04 PM »

I know that a lot of people on these boards on the US, that is why I merely said it was good and I was enjoying it.
It's hardly spoiling anything. Good is a matter of opinion, it may be bad to you.

Also, it's actually 40 minutes here with no commercials.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2010, 08:32:07 PM »

I know that a lot of people on these boards on the US, that is why I merely said it was good and I was enjoying it.
It's hardly spoiling anything. Good is a matter of opinion, it may be bad to you.

Also, it's actually 40 minutes here with no commercials.

I didn't say you spoiled it, I was simply making sure you don't in the future, hehe.

Well, I watched the first episode when I was over in Scotland and then again when I got back to the US. They got rid of some of the scenes when he first meets Amy.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2010, 08:56:57 PM »

Well, I watched the first episode when I was over in Scotland and then again when I got back to the US. They got rid of some of the scenes when he first meets Amy.

Ah, awesome. I'm from Scotland. A bit strange that they have taken parts out. I mean, it's pretty family friendly. Was it to make room for commercials?
Some English viewers got miffed at this weeks episode because they were showing a preview of some shitty reality television show over the final scene. Pretty silly of them, BBC Scotland and BBC Northern Ireland seemed to not do that though.

A much more fitting place was over the end credits.

There was even an open letter sent about it (hardcore Dr. Who fans) who were complaining about it. Though I figure that it was just a way to get the BBC to pay attention to a small part of the letter which was "bring back Torchwood". The writer was just using the opportunity.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

CastNuri
AMG A GIRL

There are no coincidences.

CastNuri
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2010, 09:37:58 PM »

In Scotland too, didn't get the whole preview thing.

Will be sure to put spoilers in code boxes if I mention any in the future.

"It is a silly game where nobody wins. " ~ Thomas Fuller ~

http://castnuri.tumblr.com
Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2010, 10:09:49 PM »

I don't see why they'd need to cut anything. My avi of the latest is 41:37 and that's pretty much what any hour show is, 41-43m before commercials. Even if you need to cut a little they could snip/speedup the opening/intro. Unless syfy is really, really greedy selling commercial time.
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2010, 10:21:32 PM »

I think they did it for the commercials.One of the things they took out was
Code:
when they were in the kitchen and she is cooking. They skipped a good chunk of that. Like the "Your Scottish, fry something" and when he threw the toast.

I am sure they cut a bit more, but I don't remember what. The first episode was a bit longer than the regular episodes, it was 65ish minutes as opposed to the 45 minutes of the average episode.

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2010, 07:32:05 AM »

Code:
when they were in the kitchen and she is cooking. They skipped a good chunk of that. Like the "Your Scottish, fry something" and when he threw the toast.

I am sure they cut a bit more, but I don't remember what. The first episode was a bit longer than the regular episodes, it was 65ish minutes as opposed to the 45 minutes of the average episode.

That was my favourite part! Gah. Maybe it wouldn't translate well over the pond, but I really found that funny.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2010, 12:28:22 PM »

Code:

That was my favourite part! Gah. Maybe it wouldn't translate well over the pond, but I really found that funny.

I found it hilarious! Maybe I don't think like the average American...

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2010, 05:03:30 PM »

All I will say is that Episode 4 is the best of the series so far, you're in for a treat.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2010, 08:14:18 PM »

Yeah, it had a tough act to follow from the first weeping angel ep, but it lived up to it.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2010, 10:11:05 PM »

Yeah, it had a tough act to follow from the first weeping angel ep, but it lived up to it.

True dat. It's funny, but now that I think back, all of my favourite episodes were written by Moffat. "Blink" "Girl in the Fireplace" and "Silence in the Library" all awesome episodes.

I think I'm more into the darker fairytale stories of Moffat compared to the more romantic, comedic ones of Davies. Though there has never been an episode of the new Dr. Who I havn't enjoyed.

Oh, except the season finale of last season. Magic Glove anyone?

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Logick

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2010, 03:50:31 AM »

I grew up watching Doctor Who, hell that was the show which taught me english.  Overtime i just became something I watched.  Hell even the reboot was great, but man this new season!  Moffat is a badass!

BTW this is Moffat's first televised Doctor Who work, hope you guys get a kick out of it:
Doctor Who: The Curse of Fatal Death

"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing."
~Malcolm X
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2010, 07:22:37 AM »

BTW this is Moffat's first televised Doctor Who work, hope you guys get a kick out of it:
Doctor Who: The Curse of Fatal Death

The name of it reminds me of the film "Murder by Death" and by extension the band "Murder by Death"

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2010, 02:24:27 AM »

(The!) Michael Moorcock is writing a new Who novel.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2009/nov/21/michael-moorcock-doctor-who-...

It's called The Coming of Terraphiles and is apparently 320 pages long.

http://previews.diamondcomics.com/public/default.asp?t=2&m=1&c=23&s=128

It says a May release date but not sure if that's here or England.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: