Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2014, 06:25:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332825 Posts in 13638 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Telemarketing gone twisted
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Telemarketing gone twisted  (Read 1842 times)
Leo

View Profile

Ignore
« on: July 04, 2006, 03:39:44 AM »

Hilarity ensues. That lady had completely lost her noodle. I fear for telemarketers. :P

Among some of the insults she called him, my favorites were:

"SON OF A MOTHERFUCKER"

"RAPIST"

"TERRORIST"

In fact, those were re-occuring insults throughout the 8 minute recording. :P
Merkava

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2006, 12:40:12 PM »

Holy shit. That was......wow. I don't like telemarketers either, but DAMN.
Cauton

cauton42@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2006, 12:46:15 PM »

Telemarketers are the lowest scum on the earth. Really. They deserve everything they get.
Marshmallow

OH NO OH NO OH NO

AuroMarshmallow
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2006, 12:56:15 PM »

Quote from: "Cauton"
Telemarketers are the lowest scum on the earth. Really. They deserve everything they get.

What about people who cannot, for whatever reason, perform a different job? You have to make a living one way or another, and being a telemarketer is better than being a vagrant.

Cauton

cauton42@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2006, 01:45:46 PM »

I don't care. They way (some) telemarketes take advantage of the elderly/gullible/weak of mind to sell them crap that they can't afford/don't need/have no use for/doesn't work, the whole industry is rotten. Not to mention that they take up people's valuable time, and won't hang up even if you ask them once.
Leo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2006, 03:41:26 PM »

Well, perhaps I should give out some more information on that particular call--the guy was at work leading this psychopath on. He didn't have to say anything offensive to provoke her.....she did that quite well on her own.

Bashing telemarketers is another topic for another time. :P This was just a riot to listen to, and at times.....unbearable.
Cauton

cauton42@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2006, 03:49:06 PM »

Hey I listened to it, and I can sympathize with the woman even though she is batshit crazy :P It was funny to listen to, though.
Degolas

sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2006, 04:59:45 PM »

I might be working as a telemarketer when I go back to uni :P I hate them too, but I need a job.

I had a stupid dream
that I could change things.

Check out my YouTube videos!: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Degolas
Takezo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2006, 09:10:46 PM »

I don't care. They way (some) telemarketes take advantage of the elderly/gullible/weak of mind to sell them crap that they can't afford/don't need/have no use for/doesn't work, the whole industry is rotten. Not to mention that they take up people's valuable time, and won't hang up even if you ask them once.

Are we so weak that we need protecting from an enemy that can be VANQUISHED BY HANGING UP THE PHONE.
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2006, 10:19:41 PM »

Wake up and smell the call display, cockbiter. :P
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2006, 02:04:12 AM »

OH MY GOD?!?!? Are you speaking as if there were some magical device that allows me to see WHO is calling me?! DEAR MERLIN'S GHOST!

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Cauton

cauton42@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2006, 08:52:09 AM »

Quote from: "Takezo"
Are we so weak that we need protecting from an enemy that can be VANQUISHED BY HANGING UP THE PHONE.

I'm quite capable of haging up the phone yes. I'm also signed up on a national list of "do not call these numbers, asshats" that telemarketers in Sweden are pretty much forced abide by.

But that doesn't change the fact that it's a rotten, rotten business, and that there are loads of telemarketers who take advantage of people. Excuse me for having a morality :P
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2006, 09:38:15 AM »

I'm quite capable of haging up the phone yes. I'm also signed up on a national list of "do not call these numbers, asshats" that telemarketers in Sweden are pretty much forced abide by.

But that doesn't change the fact that it's a rotten, rotten business, and that there are loads of telemarketers who take advantage of people. Excuse me for having a morality :P

There are also a ton of telemarketers that simply call because it's their job. Sure they are pushy, but when you get bonuses and incentives based on sales you pretty much have to be. Not all of them are trying to take advantage of people. They are simply trying to sell a product or service. It goes back to the old saying "A few bad apples can spoil the bunch". Your morality is shit for saying that "it is a rotten business". It's not the business, it's the assholes that take advantage of others.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Takezo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2006, 10:09:46 AM »

M-O-R-A-L-I-T-Y? Is that how they spell "overly sensitive" in Sweden. I can't believe you're 'getting all uppity' about telemarketers.
Cauton

cauton42@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2006, 10:37:27 AM »

Just one of my very many pet peeves.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: