Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2014, 11:43:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334652 Posts in 13706 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  something thats really starting to get on my nerves...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: something thats really starting to get on my nerves...  (Read 4663 times)
DPB

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2010, 07:12:18 PM »

Doesnt AtlII have some sort of insanely hard final boss?

It's not so much that it's difficult, it just has a ridiculous amount of HP and none of your attacks do much damage. It's more of a war of attrition than a challenge, it took me about two hours to kill it. The rest of the game is fine though.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2010, 07:34:58 PM »

Try Shining Force 1

eh... shining force was one of the first rpg's i played. dragon warrior one then shining force 1 was the second. and........ ive played SF 1 and 2 on genesis. sf3 on saturn. sf 1,2,and 3 on game gear. shining force cd on sega CD wich is just a remake of the game gear shining force 1 and 2. as well as the shining force 1 remake on gba. even though it doesnt count ive also played shining tears. although i have not played shining wisdom or shining the holy ark or shining in the darkness. fun fact:i originally bought dragon force thinking it was part of the shining series >_>

Sorry if this is kind of redundant with what Gen Eric Gui said.  Looks like we were writing at the same time.  Anyway...

What the heck are you guys complaining about?  And 80% chance of hitting is not a guaranteed hit.  It's a 1 in 5 chance of missing.  The problem with anecdotal evidence is that it's incredibly biased.  You remember all the times when you thought you were going to hit and missed, but you don't remember the times when you thought you were going to hit and hit because they're not notable.

Show me a detailed statistical survey and I might believe that there is a problem here.

i'm guessing you've never played an SRW game? it's one thing to miss occasionally with an 80% chance to hit. the thing is it happens far to often. its almost like there a hidden RNG that can alter the % by as much as 15%. but at least in srw you can save before an attack that concerns you then reload if failure occurs. however in the gba fire emblems you litterally cannot change fate.

I already mentioned this earlier in the thread, but there are several skills that can activate to make enemies dodge that don't show up on the standard % readout, and size matters very heavily, which is why you can never hit tiny units like Sorpressas and the Hover tanks.  However, nearly every single character in OG2 has Strike which cancels all of those skills, and is expressly FOR hitting enemies that dodge a lot.

TL;DR version: You're supposed to use Strike to hit those guys, you aren't meant to reliably hit them without it.

usually when hit rate is an issue its usually a super trying to hit a real,or a boss with obsene HP and max level prevail....

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2010, 11:04:46 PM »

Well, that's because you get a hit rate deduction for trying to hit smaller units.  It's why Battleships have a hard time hitting anything, and why the Fairlions are one of the most brokenly powerful units in the game.

Seriously, Size SS, Hyper Jammer, Missile Jammer, AND Energy Shielding?  Nothing can hurt them!
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2010, 11:43:30 AM »

while that may be true i found Lacus and the Eternal to be pretty impressive in K

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: