Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 23, 2014, 01:07:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327196 Posts in 13393 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Best Ds RPG
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Best Ds RPG  (Read 4073 times)
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2010, 12:18:55 AM »

Gonna say Strange Journey or Etrian Odyssey.

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
wildcard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2010, 07:38:49 AM »

I definitly liked Avalon Code the best. I'm currently playing it and not through yet, but so far it's the only RPG on DS that I've attempted and actually stuck around longer than a week.

The world ends with you was good to, but I prefer AC over TWEWY, honestly.

Are the HM and RF series really considered RPGs? I wasn't aware of that. Simulation would have been more in my mind. Like them, but certainly not in the RPG sense.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2010, 11:11:29 AM »

You kill shit and level up in Rune Factory. It's an RPG.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2010, 11:41:49 AM »

Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon on hard x5 is the deepest strategy challenge I've had in some time.  I'm on level 7 or 8 and am in pretty good shape at the moment, but there are really brutal sections that require plenty of restarts.

really? i personally think Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon is the worst FE to be released in the states.

It's the best I've played for having such a range of difficulty-levels.  The highest difficulty level for SD is genuinely challenging.  As much as I like the Game Cube Fire Emblem, the hardest setting is too easy so far.  The Wii Fire Emblem is supposed to be quite interesing, so I'm looking forward to going deeper into that one.

sure if infinite enemy reinforcements is your idea of challanging. for me personally its hard to judge the difficulty because i allowed tons of characters to die so i could access the gaiden chapters.

They also both have character designs by Akira Toriyama.

Also Dragon Quest is the best fucking RPG franchise in the world whether you like it or not.

And I'll never understand why.  How does a dragon's quest compete with muthafuken TIME TRAVEL!>?!?!  (im being semi-sarcastic)

/shock maybe i'm not the only one that doesnt think dragon quest is not great!

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2010, 04:16:55 PM »

Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon on hard x5 is the deepest strategy challenge I've had in some time.  I'm on level 7 or 8 and am in pretty good shape at the moment, but there are really brutal sections that require plenty of restarts.

really? i personally think Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon is the worst FE to be released in the states.

It's the best I've played for having such a range of difficulty-levels.  The highest difficulty level for SD is genuinely challenging.  As much as I like the Game Cube Fire Emblem, the hardest setting is too easy so far.  The Wii Fire Emblem is supposed to be quite interesing, so I'm looking forward to going deeper into that one.

It should also be noted that the FE games up to SD were weakened for one reason or another. (I think FEIX's US Hard mode was the same as JP's Normal.) Though the FE games are all over the place in difficulty (from IV's Sety to V's Stamina Bullshit and From II's Angel Ring to X's Dawn Brigade).

If I'm not mistaken, one of the lead developers for CT was Yuji Hori, the lead scenario writer for Dragon Quest and pretty much the series' lifeblood and reason for being.

Which would mean that Chrono Trigger is related to Dragon Quest, at least tangentially.

For proof of this see DQVIII vs. every other straight JRPG by Level 5.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2010, 04:52:39 PM »

I'm actually playing Radiant Dawn right now and I agree with the difficulty being all over the place. (Also wondering why all my characters have reached their maximum weapon level and i'm not even half way through the game) I love Path of Radiance, truly. And Radiant Dawn is by no stretch of the immagination a bad game, it just needs a little more polish and also, bring back support conversations - I mean really. What made Fire Emblem fun for me was that your units were just Generic Soldier number 7, they had personalities and back stories.

But, that was completely off topic and to come back onto it now I recommend: SMT: Devil Survivor and/or Strange Journey. Obvious choices. Then I would recommend Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy IV.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: