Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2014, 03:49:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338002 Posts in 13838 Topics by 2212 Members
Latest Member: WhiteWishes
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Last Heroes 2 Released!!!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Last Heroes 2 Released!!!  (Read 1903 times)
Delmaschio

View Profile Email

Ignore
« on: April 18, 2010, 03:32:22 PM »

Amelia and Roland are headed to Odaro continent, where Amelia thinks she will find her parents and discover the truth about her past... However, reaching Odaro they realize that it won't be an easy task. They join forces with Lutania Army, a group of soldiers that are fighting against Illion.

Join 4 brave warriors in a quest to save the continent!

Download Trial!
Buy Now! $11.99

Download Trial!
Buy Now! $11.99
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010, 04:40:21 AM »

Never heard of it. Looks okay, I guess.

Has anyone played it, or the first one? Are they any good?

Looks suspiciously like it was made in RPG Maker, but I could be mistaken.

Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2010, 07:30:48 AM »

Yeah, it's an RPGM game.  Although I think this one
http://www.rpgfan.com/boards/index.php?topic=7237.0 may be the one to get from this dev. 

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2010, 07:44:26 AM »

Yeah, it's an RPGM game.  Although I think this one
http://www.rpgfan.com/boards/index.php?topic=7237.0 may be the one to get from this dev.  

Still looks kind of average to me. I mean, it's an indie studio, so I wouldn't expect it to be on par with professional releases, but $12 seems a bit steep. I mean, for $12 I could pick up an old classic at a gaming store or buy a game on the Wii Virtual Store. Seems more in the ~$5 range to me. But, I haven't played it (could be really awesome!) so I guess I'm not one to judge off a bit of information and a few screenshots.

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Smiley Abuser

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2010, 10:48:15 AM »

It should be noted this is based on the trial version of the game I played this morning. The trial only lets you play it for an hour, and you can't replay up to the point that you had gotten to. I think a better trial would have been giving you a few dungeons and ending after a main story event, sort of like a cliff-hanger. That's just me.

First impression of this game is a little bland and it doesn't seem to separate itself from the first impression at all as you progress through the game. The character sprites are easily recognizable as the pre-made ones that come with the game and there doesn't seem to be any original tiling with the game either (although granted, RPGmaker VX doesn't give you much space for original tiles and perhaps they can be found in a later area).

There are almost no random encounters in the game. I say, almost because while you can see the enemies on the screen (represented by white squiggles or puffs of smoke, I'm not sure) there is almost no way to avoid these encounters. From a distance enemies can be observed taking seemingly random routes with no pattern to be seen, but as soon as you are half a screen away from them they will chase you until you have 4 or 5 white squiggles doing a conga-line behind you. Some move slowly, full of jerks and stops, while others will fly at you with such speed (and homing) that it is absolutely unavoidable that you will fight them. There was one area in the second dungeon where white squiggles will fly at you down a narrow corridor blindingly fast, only to respawn a second later and fly at you again. It took me 4 battles to get up a short corridor (5-steps or so), however the last one was because I forgot which way I was heading after the 3rd battle. Most annoyingly however is that your enemies move even when you are opening a chest. That means if you have a conga-line following you at the time, when you open a chest and get the item the squiggles will catch up to you and attack one after another. Most frustrating.

Speaking of monsters, battles are seen through first-person, ala Dragon Quest and other similar styles (It is also the default for RPGmaker). This is not detracting from gameplay, but it doesn't add anything either. It's your usual fare. Spell names are generic, as-it-says-on-the-tin styled with titles such as "Wind" and "Heal". I feel, for a very low-budget title that creative flairs such as original spell names and outlandish monster names can add a little spice to the mix.

Characters - as I previously mentioned - are sprites that came pre-installed in the game, so I don't see where the price tag of $12 comes from. With no original artists to pay I assume we are paying for the labour that went into crafting the game itself. Still, $12 is a little steep. The music in the game (from what I heard) is very nice, however I'm not sure if it is original or not. I did not see any credits because I only got a trial and the website itself hold no information on the creators so I can only assume it came with RPGmaker or is stolen from other games. If it is truly original, then I really apologize. I cannot be sure, more information would be lovely.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 07:30:13 AM by Starmongoose » Logged

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: