Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2014, 06:24:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
318868 Posts in 13029 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Marvel vs. Capcom 3 announced
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 19 Print
Author Topic: Marvel vs. Capcom 3 announced  (Read 31915 times)
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: January 16, 2011, 03:24:06 PM »

I was considering getting this after a price drop but it's getting hard to resist a day one purchase.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 16, 2011, 03:41:39 PM »

Tell me about it. I keep thinking no, I won't have time and really shouldn't buy anything until final exams, but I have a reading break like four days after this comes out. So very tempting.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: January 16, 2011, 04:11:29 PM »

Glad you found it Liz. I saw it last night and almost posted it because I remembered how you like Dante.  Dante definitely looks to be pretty legit. It will remain to be seen how much is practical but he should a least have a move for every scenario.

I was considering getting this after a price drop but it's getting hard to resist a day one purchase.

I definitely recommend against that unless its for strictly offline play.  When the game first comes out, everyone will be playing around testing the waters without any real strategy. Also there will be more casual fans playing then. If you wait too long, all that will be left are the more hardcore fans who will have a huge leg up on anyone who is just starting.  Of course, if you play offline you can throw that all out the window.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
XBL ID: Akanbe
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Twitter@AkanbeRPG
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 16, 2011, 04:37:46 PM »

Hah, he is my avatar for a good reason! There's just so many moves, including variations, but I doubt he's the only one with such a variety. Yet he's already getting a bunch of hate from fanboys of other MvC3 characters.

Spiderman and Wolverine are two of my favourite Marvel characters, so having them at the end was just added bliss. I played Wolverine for a bit at E3, but obviously not as much as Dante. :)

NANOMACHINES, SON.
TiamatNM

tiagol@live.com CursedTiamat
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: January 16, 2011, 06:16:15 PM »

I'm just waiting on the Hsien-ko reveal.  My team probably gonna be her, Morrigan, and Zero. 
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: January 19, 2011, 07:41:59 PM »

I'm not into pre-ordering but this one I pre-oredered last year!
Sure, I had a discount of 7 dollars to make my choice easier.

I'd love to play people here of the forums, maybe when the game's released we could share our PSN/360 accounts.

As for my team the only certain is Chun-Li which not only is my favorite character but possibly has the best assist in the game. As for the other 2 I'm deciding of what I see but probably will only decide once I get the game.

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: January 20, 2011, 05:45:39 AM »

I was a Cammy player in SF4, she's not in so I'll have to check out all the characters before I decide on my team.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Kstar
Editor Emeritus

I Remember Everything

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: January 22, 2011, 01:06:50 AM »

Went ahead and pre-ordered the special edition.  For 10 extra bucks, I could justify it.  Plus, technically, I'm not paying it's a late birthday present.  Anyway, I got mine for the 360.  Probably will spend the first week experimenting with different players for my team.  But, if you're getting it for 360, let's throw down!

"We're all lying in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" -Oscar Wilde

"To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and don't worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest."
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 22, 2011, 01:21:49 AM »

I'm stuck on PS3.

I already know what I'm doing reading break....

Figuring out Dante's 40+ moves.

And maybe picking a second character. ;)

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Akanbe-

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: January 22, 2011, 07:15:38 PM »

Went ahead and pre-ordered the special edition.  For 10 extra bucks, I could justify it.  Plus, technically, I'm not paying it's a late birthday present.  Anyway, I got mine for the 360.  Probably will spend the first week experimenting with different players for my team.  But, if you're getting it for 360, let's throw down!

Depends on where you get it.  Amazon has a 10 dollar credit towards future vg purchases on the regular edition only so effectively its 20 dollars more imo.  Ill be getting it for 360 as well due to higher level of competition but will eventually snag a ps3 copy when it drops so I can play with real life friends.

Twitter@AkanbeRPG
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: January 25, 2011, 01:46:24 PM »

Interesting interview with director and producer Ryota Niitsuma:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-01-25-mvc3-netcode-balance-and-rejects-interview?page=1

TiamatNM

tiagol@live.com CursedTiamat
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: January 27, 2011, 06:28:48 PM »

being able to re-set a team and their assists sounds really handy

you can find videos of hsien-ko and sentinel on youtube now. 
Akanbe-

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: January 27, 2011, 06:35:20 PM »

Yeah, all the little things they put into the game like that is nice.  I'm also incredibly happy they got rid of S/SF4's incredibly shitty input shortcuts.  Love that they included a gamer card like system where you can check out different people's offensive/defensive traits (details are sketchy still).  They also put a little more info into simple mode lately, showing people what exactly you're missing out on by picking simple mode (in most people's case, it's 2-3 moves and a super).  Definitely for beginners only.

Twitter@AkanbeRPG
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: January 28, 2011, 08:27:55 PM »

Yeah, all the little things they put into the game like that is nice.  I'm also incredibly happy they got rid of S/SF4's incredibly shitty input shortcuts.  Love that they included a gamer card like system where you can check out different people's offensive/defensive traits (details are sketchy still).  They also put a little more info into simple mode lately, showing people what exactly you're missing out on by picking simple mode (in most people's case, it's 2-3 moves and a super).  Definitely for beginners only.

I don't understand what you mean by "shitty input shortcuts". Were they by any chance putting shortcuts to moves ? Like BlazBlue did ?
I don't like them either because this way you could make a charge character or a 360 character a monster. Not in tourneys as they wouldn't be allowed (the shortcuts) but still playing a casual match where a person doesn't have to buffer the motion in advance can be a game breaker.

Akanbe-

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: January 28, 2011, 10:13:42 PM »

Input shortcuts are a mechanic to make pulling moves off easier.  For instance, you can do a any shoryuken motion move with 323 or even just 33.  It would seem like it's not that big of a deal, but it can really fuck up your moves if you even have the slightest bit of sloppiness with your inputs.  Across the board, the biggest problem I see with this is supers coming out when you don't want them to, but it certainly can cause frustration with non-super moves and combos as well.  On a faster paced game like MvC3, this could easily wreck havoc with your accuracy.

Twitter@AkanbeRPG
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 19 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: