Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 01, 2014, 06:02:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327939 Posts in 13428 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Marvel vs. Capcom 3 announced
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19 Print
Author Topic: Marvel vs. Capcom 3 announced  (Read 33263 times)
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: February 15, 2011, 11:17:58 PM »

I'm definitely rockin' some X-23 and Dante at the moment but I haven't nailed down a third yet.  Storm, Amaterasu and Phoenix are high on the list though.  So are Deadpool and Chris though seeing as how they have range.  I'm going to need to invest in a fight stick though cuz the 360 pad sucks.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: February 16, 2011, 07:52:34 AM »

Someone managed to unlock Jill, she's already on the disk (Shuma too), the dlc is just an unlock code...

Check this page of the gaf thread for pics:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=420251&page=227

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: February 16, 2011, 11:06:16 AM »

Is anyone surprised at that?  Can we stop being surprised the DLC is sometimes cut from the main game, or do we have to keep this charade up?  It happens.  It's not going to stop happening.  Deal with it.

Doom and Dormammu are both amazing, I am pleased.  Haggar is wonderful and much appreciated over Zangief.  Tron and Hsien-Ko are much harder to use then I remember them being, I'm probably going to have to drop them.  I am surprised how effective and good Spencer plays, was not expecting him to be a favorite.  Arthur is just too much fun.

I'm really impressed at the bredth of the character designs included in the game; part of what I didn't like about MvC2 was that most of the characters felt identical to each other, but most of the characters in this game feel unique, which is extra surprising since there are so many "half-clones" (Akuma/Ryu, Dante/Deadpool, Hulk/She-Hulk, Taskmaster in general).  Playable defensive characters like MODOK and Arthur are a nice treat as well.

I have the PS3 version, I'm not very good at the game but I'm almost always up for a fight.
Banestar

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: February 16, 2011, 11:54:53 AM »

Yeah, Dormammu is great. I don't have much time to play right now, since I'm working on stuff for the site, but I managed to beat Arcade once with Dormammu, Spidey, and X-23.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: February 16, 2011, 12:16:14 PM »

Is anyone surprised at that?  Can we stop being surprised the DLC is sometimes cut from the main game, or do we have to keep this charade up?  It happens.  It's not going to stop happening.  Deal with it.

Doom and Dormammu are both amazing, I am pleased.  Haggar is wonderful and much appreciated over Zangief.  Tron and Hsien-Ko are much harder to use then I remember them being, I'm probably going to have to drop them.  I am surprised how effective and good Spencer plays, was not expecting him to be a favorite.  Arthur is just too much fun.

I'm really impressed at the bredth of the character designs included in the game; part of what I didn't like about MvC2 was that most of the characters felt identical to each other, but most of the characters in this game feel unique, which is extra surprising since there are so many "half-clones" (Akuma/Ryu, Dante/Deadpool, Hulk/She-Hulk, Taskmaster in general).  Playable defensive characters like MODOK and Arthur are a nice treat as well.

I have the PS3 version, I'm not very good at the game but I'm almost always up for a fight.

Oh I'm not surprised at all. Doesn't mean I have to like it.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: February 16, 2011, 12:46:46 PM »

I'm going over to a friend's house later who has this. I suck at these games and he's really good at them so I'll just be enjoying some pretty graphics for a few hours.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: February 16, 2011, 07:10:11 PM »

Well, they did just come out and say "We didn't withhold it on purpose.  It was due to technical difficulties."  Honestly it sounds like to me, everything was ready to go and some crazy shit happened with the texture/moveset/something, so they pulled it but left their BGM and character model on the disk.

Hsein-ko has a really good assist.  I just saw it today, and she swings on her chain in an arc (hits high).  I didn't play around with it too much, but the attacks I hit her with, did not stop her.  She kept on going and finished her assist while taking the damage.  Was actually a pretty annoying assist.

One of their design philosophies was to try and make each character different/unique from each other so your feeling is right on.

Sentinel is just downright retarded, again.  I picked him up for literally about an hour today and I was just fucking around in player matches with someone way above my skill level. Of the 3 or 4 wins I got (out of 10-11ish games) were 100% thanks to Sentinel.  It wasn't uncommon for me to beat 2 or 3 of his other characters with Sentinel alone because he destroyed the rest of my team.

And at the moment, netplay still blows ass.  No spectator mode (no watching other people play online), no way to pick who you get matched up against in ranked so quite possible to get paired against someone with poverty internet, and connecting to ANYONE can be a pain in the ass (XBL only possibly).  I believe the last issue is only related to Xbox Live, but I had major problems connecting to people last night and today.  Ranked, Player, Lobbies - I had trouble connecting to anyone.  It just keeps seaching for a match, then disconnects and sends you back to the first main menu.  Annoying, but I'm sure it'll get ironed out eventually.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #112 on: February 16, 2011, 09:17:07 PM »

Sentinel is fucking dumb.

I literally went through the entirety of Arcade mode doing his quarter-circle-M.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Takezo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: February 16, 2011, 09:41:20 PM »

The CPU can't think. It's always going to seem dumb, not that sentinel isn't incredibly dumb as an aside. This game has like 40 characters but you wouldn't know that because I'm on about 4-5 boards and every single one of them is full of people who don't realize Dante/Deadpool/Wesker/Dormammu aren't the only ones in the game.

Anyway, this game is like the rainbow edition Hokuto no ken of TVC, it's a mess. Can't imagine what the scene for this is going to be like. Heading to a tournament this saturday, can't wait to see the gimmicks and bullshit.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 09:44:10 PM by Takezo » Logged
Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: February 17, 2011, 02:41:02 AM »

Taelus (Stephen) and I played on PSN. I'll take on all comers but I'm pretty bad.

Dark Phoenix is CRAZY. So is Dante (but not as much as mother f'ing Dark Phoenix).
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: February 17, 2011, 10:05:41 AM »

I had a lot of fun playing. I had most of my success with deadpool, chris, and morrigan.

Since I don't play a lot of fighting games I was surprised that I even beat my friend a few times. This game doesn't seem to be as "technical" as SSFIV I think.
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: February 17, 2011, 01:48:10 PM »

I'm so sad I have to wait. Best case scenario my game should arrive in the beginning of March.
Anyone has decided on a team already ?
By what I've seen my probable team is going to me Chun, Dante and Trish. I think they're good 'cause they fit well into my rush down nature as opposed to SSF4 where I also play Chun but I have to control myself a lot more.

Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: February 17, 2011, 01:54:22 PM »

I'm so sad I have to wait. Best case scenario my game should arrive in the beginning of March.
By what I've seen my probable team is going to me Chun, Dante and Trish. I think they're good 'cause they fit well into my rush down nature as opposed to SSF4 where I also play Chun but I have to control myself a lot more.

I usually pick the team with the most jiggly boobs
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: February 17, 2011, 04:37:02 PM »

I do that too.  Isn't it amazing how hot girls can advertise to men and women?

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: February 17, 2011, 05:39:01 PM »

You're my kind of guy Yoda!

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: