Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 18, 2014, 10:18:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
340906 Posts in 13932 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Marvel vs. Capcom 3 announced
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 Print
Author Topic: Marvel vs. Capcom 3 announced  (Read 36042 times)
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: July 21, 2011, 06:20:44 PM »

Well, I did my fair share of complaining about MK and its online mode, but I have to say that compared to this mess, MK really does it well. Tweaks are done through patches and additional content is released as non compulsory DLC that is blended into the main game through compatibility packs.

I don't play MK, but don't you run into compatibility problems if you have Patch Y and your opponent does not?  I know if you have a DLC character like Rain and your opponent hasn't downloaded the appropriate download, you can't use your DLC character against them.

If you don't own a character you can download a compatibility  pack, which allows you to play against the specific character. Worst case scenario, you cant play a DLC character in a single match. That's an inconvenience at worst, but most people will have them anyway. Bottom line, you don't need to purchase the game again every time they decide to add something. It also means the player base doesn't split with every new version. I like this model a lot more than what Capcom is doing.

NOW PLAYING:
Final Fantasy XIII: The time has come...
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout: Its...Odd...
One Finger Death Punch: F*ck Yeah! - The game
darcthelad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: July 26, 2011, 08:59:00 AM »

I read over some of the topic but not all of it. I just have one quick question: have they added any Breath of Fire characters yet?
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: July 26, 2011, 09:10:36 AM »

I read over some of the topic but not all of it. I just have one quick question: have they added any Breath of Fire characters yet?

No.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Smiley Abuser

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: July 26, 2011, 04:45:49 PM »

Tssss. Ouch. Sore subject, man.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: July 27, 2011, 06:43:58 PM »

Tssss. Ouch. Sore subject, man.

Same thing with Mega Man.  People are pretty pissed that they put Nemesis in the game but not Mega Man.

I think it's quite possible that Mega Man was intentionally omitted so they could later release him as DLC and have a surge of DLC sales.  Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Klyde Chroma
LVL 12. Obsessive Compulsive Fruity Assassin

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: July 28, 2011, 02:00:55 AM »

This game totally needs something beyond DLC Characters.... Like 2 or 3 other offline modes or something..... I played it, beat it, unlocked everything that seemed signifigant to me, played online a few rounds and shelfed it all within a few days.... I mean I know its a fighting game and all but come on.... Mortal Combat and Blazblu has kept me busy for weeks!

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: August 04, 2011, 05:51:45 PM »

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3: Angry Rant!

Any objections?
Demon_Princess_Kay
Banninated

AnarchKay
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: August 04, 2011, 06:36:04 PM »

After all the shit Capcom has pulled they better have both Rebbecca Chambers and Akane Yagyu, (and they both better have topless costumes) or I'm still gonna be pissed.

EDIT: I forgot Lady, and yes the topless comment applies to her too
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 06:40:05 PM by Demon_Princess_Kay » Logged

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: August 04, 2011, 08:02:15 PM »

After all the shit Capcom has pulled they better have both Rebbecca Chambers and Akane Yagyu, (and they both better have topless costumes) or I'm still gonna be pissed.

EDIT: I forgot Lady, and yes the topless comment applies to her too

We already know the full roster. Look at the bright side, Nemesis is hot.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: August 04, 2011, 08:51:28 PM »

This game totally needs something beyond DLC Characters.... Like 2 or 3 other offline modes or something..... I played it, beat it, unlocked everything that seemed signifigant to me, played online a few rounds and shelfed it all within a few days.... I mean I know its a fighting game and all but come on.... Mortal Combat and Blazblu has kept me busy for weeks!

Sadly, I agree.  It doesn't matter though, because for some reason I respect MvC3 more than Mortal Kombat, and I obviously paid for it... that's all that any company ever strives for.  Money, and respect (and by respect I mean marketing).
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 09:32:46 AM by Fei » Logged

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: August 04, 2011, 09:19:25 PM »

It's pretty much spot on, but I think it'll still sell alright.  There's a lot of people pissed and there's a lot of people excited because they normalized X-factor.  I'm still on the fence about it, but if I do buy it, I will definitely buy it used so Capcom doesn't see a cent from me.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: August 04, 2011, 09:25:59 PM »

It's pretty much spot on, but I think it'll still sell alright.  There's a lot of people pissed and there's a lot of people excited because they normalized X-factor.  I'm still on the fence about it, but if I do buy it, I will definitely buy it used so Capcom doesn't see a cent from me.

You'll buy it used because you're a smart shopper, not because you're participating in the rise or fall of any companies.

I, however, have two words: Ping Pals

Uru

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: August 04, 2011, 11:06:57 PM »

Its really hard to argue with anything he said and the anger is right where it should be. Bought my collectors edition of SF4 and the sold it once they announced SSF4, and then just waited for black Friday to get it from amazon for under $20. With the mass exodus from capcom, this is how it might be from now on which is......blah.
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: August 05, 2011, 12:36:23 AM »

It's hard to listen to anything he said, because he was boring and inaccurate.

Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: August 05, 2011, 08:18:27 AM »

I don't really want to waste time, so Ill ask first. Is that a legitimate rant, or is it another dude randomly screaming and swearing in broken English?

NOW PLAYING:
Final Fantasy XIII: The time has come...
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout: Its...Odd...
One Finger Death Punch: F*ck Yeah! - The game
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: