Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 04:39:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319777 Posts in 13047 Topics by 2147 Members
Latest Member: TacoBell_Lord
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  The Soundroom
| | |-+  Favourite Song Title
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Favourite Song Title  (Read 2987 times)
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« on: April 26, 2010, 08:33:00 PM »

Okay, what is everyone's favourite song title?

It doesn't have to be your favourite song, just a catchy, funny and/or meaningful name.

My choice is "Strange Fruit" by Billie Holiday. I like the song, but the song name blows my mind just thinking about it.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2010, 08:57:38 PM »

I think the band Burnt By The Sun came up with some of the best song titles like Lizard Skin Barbie, Dracula With Glasses, When Corporations Rule Your Mom, and my personal favorite Dow Jones and the Temple of Doom.  Dow Jones and the Temple of Doom is my favorite song by the band.

And you either have to love or loathe Bal Sagoth's supremely lengthy song titles like "And Lo, When the Imperium Marches Against Gul-Kothoth, Then Dark Sorceries Shall Enshroud the Citadel of the Obsidian Crown."  I've seen entire songs with less words than this song title.

I approve of this nonsense!
Lord Scottish

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2010, 10:18:37 PM »

1983 (A Merman I Should Turn To Be) by Jimi Hendrix

Everybody's Got Something to Hide Except Me and My Monkey by the Beatles

SpottieOttieDopaliscious by OutKast

Supergroovalisticprosifunkstication, Lunchmeatophobia (Think!...It Ain't Illegal Yet!), and Promentalshitbackwashpsychosis Enema Squad (The Doo-Doo Chasers) by Funkadelic
Adapheon
The original hobo with a shotgun

summersdemise@yahoo.com Kal+Imith
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2010, 01:21:15 PM »

And you either have to love or loathe Bal Sagoth's supremely lengthy song titles like "And Lo, When the Imperium Marches Against Gul-Kothoth, Then Dark Sorceries Shall Enshroud the Citadel of the Obsidian Crown."  I've seen entire songs with less words than this song title.
I much prefer "The Dark Liege of Chaos is Unleashed at the Ensorcelled Shrine of A'Zura Kai (The Splendour of a Thousand Swords Gleaming Beneath the Blazon of the Hyperborean Empire Part II" for overly long Bal-Sagoth song titles myself :P

I'm coming up for a blank for actual meaningful titles, everytime I think of song titles Bal-Sagoth is all that comes to mind

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2010, 02:39:01 PM »

I much prefer "The Dark Liege of Chaos is Unleashed at the Ensorcelled Shrine of A'Zura Kai (The Splendour of a Thousand Swords Gleaming Beneath the Blazon of the Hyperborean Empire Part II" for overly long Bal-Sagoth song titles myself :P

I'm coming up for a blank for actual meaningful titles, everytime I think of song titles Bal-Sagoth is all that comes to mind

Geez, those song names are awfully long. Their live gigs must take forever, half the time them just introducing the next song.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2010, 05:55:05 PM »

King Crimson - The World's My Oyster Soup Kitchen Floor Wax Museum
Pink Floyd - Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered together in a Cave and Grooving with a Pict
Spock's Beard - Fuck You / I'm Sorry

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2010, 07:37:24 PM »

MC Frontalot-Your Friend Wil

Because it's about Wil Wheaton..the title amuses me.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2010, 09:17:29 PM »

Adam Sandler's "Piece of Shit Car."
SonicDeathMonkey

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2010, 09:49:40 AM »

Algernon Cadwallader - Look Down (Because The Ground Is Easier To Understand And Doesn't Take So Much Work To Figure Out But I'd Rather Not Know Where I'm Standing And Have An Idea Of What Life's All About)

Demilich had some good ones too

The Sixteenth Six-Tooth Son of Fourteen Four-Regional Dimensions (Still Unnamed)
The Planet that Once Used to Absorb Flesh in Order to Achieve Divinity and Immortality (Suffocated to the Flesh that it Desired...)
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2010, 01:09:08 PM »

SNFU - Don't Have a Cow
          Reality is a ride on the bus

Soundgarden - Room a Thousand Years Wide

Faith No More - Jizzlobber
                      Surprise, You're Dead

I could go on and on...

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
WildArms
With my dying will...!

Come on, become a legend

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2010, 01:26:49 PM »

Oh, mine is "Liar's smile" (forgot who sings it, i have it in my ipod, and the tittle was pretty cool), also "A young heart" this one is in japanese so, "shounen heart" (cant remember the map but im sure it appears easily in youtube with just that tittle) what was cool of this one is that the song suits perfectly the tittle. Oh! and "Year of the Cat" by Al Steward, the tittle was as mysterious as the song, I know there are others, if i remember i'll edit :D.

I will beat you with my evil strategy of my evil 1.8 million IQ

add me to psn! the more the merrier!
Eldritter

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2010, 03:19:25 PM »

I have to pick a a video game tune because of it's ridiculous and hilarious name.

Eternal Engine of Linguistic Massacre - from the Valkyrie Profile soundtrack

Somehow I always thought this has to be some bad translation for (headless robot monster) or something since this is the music that plays when you fight Barbossa, but either way, few titles are as descriptive and strange as that one.

Also, as a side note, it's titled Massacre Speech Eternal Machine on the RPGfan soundtrack site, although I guess I like the former version of the tile better since it flows more.
Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2010, 03:52:17 PM »

Favorite song title NON Video Game

Rammstein-Rein Raus: Translates to In, Out.  Its about the you know what,lol!

Favorite Video Game song title:

Final Fantasy X- Wandering Flame by Masashi Hamauzu.  The name of the song sets the mood and my god the song is amazing!

Currently playing: Dark Souls II (PS3)
Waiting on: Drakengard 3, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: