Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2014, 09:09:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334757 Posts in 13709 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Nier
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 29 Print
Author Topic: Nier  (Read 63651 times)
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: December 25, 2010, 06:56:09 PM »

I can agree with that, to an extent.

I actually felt Ending D was the happiest of them all.  But even Ending D isn't happy:
Code:
No matter your actions, nothing has changed. Everyone is still going to die, or in the true human's case,
go insane, anyway.  Yonah still has her illness, it doesn't go away magically. Ending "E," which was written in the
book and someone posted a link in this thread would probably be considered the happiest, and true ending simply
because the cycle ends.
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: December 26, 2010, 10:04:40 AM »

I can't get the village music out of my head.  I envy those of you who bought the soundtrack out of love for the music.  I've got it all memorized, and it has me terminally depressed.

The game is over, but I'm still where I am.  Fucking bastards, it's like they shut Cavia down to add to this effect.  Can someone repost that link to the document that explains what this is...

This is GOTY easy... this was actually a game, more than an interactive movie.  That is what I will tell normal people, cuz like... bullet helll

ugh.  help

Here is the link I was looking for
Code:
https://docs.google.com/View?id=dgvmkf89_228fxgghgg3

I didn't know that replicant was PS3 only... are they trying to say something about love being love, whoever the recipient may be?

Does everyone just trail off when thinking about this?  I am desperately trying to swallow this game... knowing that there is nothing to finish these thoughts will let me define this experience... I'm an idiot, but I haven't fallen for a game like this in a long time.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2010, 10:31:08 AM by Fei » Logged

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: December 26, 2010, 11:23:40 AM »

The game messed with your head so much that you're using spoiler tags to post links. Read it, you'll love it.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: December 26, 2010, 11:28:10 AM »

After reading Grimoire Nier in its entirety(the short stories are great, but some of them are nightmare fuel), I can relate a little more to why Replicant was the core version of Nier, with all the extra tribulations his youth leads to.

The father version still has more emotional impact, IMO.

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: December 26, 2010, 12:16:43 PM »

Code:
When you reach ending D and lose all of your “Memories(save data)”, you won’t be able to use the name you used in said memory(if your system data remains the same).    

Is this true?  I could test it easily, but I don't want that disk anywhere near me (in my PS3).  

How can a story so simple become this complicated?  I thought the matrix was cool, but this is ... sick

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: December 26, 2010, 12:44:56 PM »

More Nier fans, hurray!

cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: December 26, 2010, 02:28:53 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLDLBmIBh4w

I kind of like this remix. Nothing as good as the original, but as electronica goes? Epic.

cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: December 26, 2010, 02:32:07 PM »

I now have a mental image of Devola and Popola DJing at a club.

Requesting fan art.

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: December 26, 2010, 04:15:53 PM »

This forum rulz. That is all.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: December 26, 2010, 06:51:32 PM »

in an attempt to make this thread better. Not sure I ever shared this link before:

http://www.originalsoundversion.com/deep-into-nier-interview-with-vocalist-and-lyricist-emi-evans/

My colleagues at OSV did this lengthy interview with Emi Evans, aka "the girl who did all the awesome vocals in Nier." She also wrote the lyrics.

I think I submitted a few of the Q's, so it's partially my work. Mostly Jayson's though.

For people who want to know more about the music from a performance aspect, take this in as well. But don't read this until you're perused the translated "Grimoire Nier," which is the best way to dig deep into the game from the dev's perspective.

Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: December 26, 2010, 07:26:46 PM »

Thank you for sharing the link.  That's a very interesting interview. 

I think giving her as much freedom as they did helped make the game what it is now.  The perfect example of why a short leash can actually lead to a worse result. I can imagine some of the songs were very challenging to write for.
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: December 26, 2010, 10:39:28 PM »

Great interview. Kind of reminds me of the Ar Tonelico songs(easily the best thing about those games), which also uses a made up language.

Marshmallow

OH NO OH NO OH NO

AuroMarshmallow
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: December 27, 2010, 11:53:18 AM »

So Grimoire Nier is awesome. I read the translation before I got the thing but it's totally worth it for the concept art. I wish I didn't suck at kanji so I could read it on my own though.

The arranged soundtrack is also awesome, but the 8-bit remix track at the end of the CD was boss as hell and blew me away completely.

Dammit, this game needs a sequel or a prequel or something else. Damn.

Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: December 27, 2010, 06:14:46 PM »

So, I beat the A ending, watched the fiew Kiane dreams at the beginning of the B run... now... when can I start reading spoiler tags? I've been notoriously dormant on this thread because I feel a bit late to the party. But now that I've finished the A run, I'm still not sure I should read any spoiler tags.

I will ask one question, because it's sort of a meta-game thing. From the wiki, I read that Kiane is a hermaphrodite in the Japanese version, is that the explanation for why everyone is so cruel to her in the Aerie, even before she gets possessed? Or does that ever get explained?

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: December 27, 2010, 06:58:07 PM »

I will ask one question, because it's sort of a meta-game thing. From the wiki, I read that Kiane is a hermaphrodite in the Japanese version, is that the explanation for why everyone is so cruel to her in the Aerie, even before she gets possessed? Or does that ever get explained?

It's not a Japanese version only thing.

Code:
They dance around the issue in the English version, sure, but they DO question why she's "acting like a girl" in the short story, state that she's a freak... so no, for once this isn't something
"fixed" in localization, and IS the reason they act like jerks to her in the Aerie.

Anyways, you're not going to be truly safe until clearing all the endings, but the playthrough for Ending B will show you the rest of the non-ending cutscenes.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 29 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: