Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2014, 04:30:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332823 Posts in 13638 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Nier
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 29 Print
Author Topic: Nier  (Read 62607 times)
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: January 15, 2011, 11:07:19 AM »

I laugh at your definition of villain. 

Prepare to be brought to your mind-knees.

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
hell_snake

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: January 15, 2011, 11:48:19 AM »

Nice 666th post :P

"An unanswered question is better than an unquestioned answer"
Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: January 15, 2011, 07:06:02 PM »

How long would it take to get through the game your first time?  Also, how is the replay value?

Currently Playing-Xenoblade Chronicles
Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #303 on: January 15, 2011, 07:28:43 PM »

How long would it take to get through the game your first time?  Also, how is the replay value?

About 20 hours, and given how you replay the second half/last third a few times over for the endings the replay value's pretty good!
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: January 15, 2011, 07:54:19 PM »

Well wrong choice of words, but I still maintain it was a bit Shymalanish. It's my only real complaint about the plot.

My only other honest criticism was the magic system. It seemed like there was a good variety of spells to use, but I really only ended up using three spells - Dark Lance, Dark Hand and Dark somethingorother (The one that fires quick "magic arrows" or whatever you want to call them). I didn't really find the other ones that useful.

Criticisms aside, I really enjoyed it. People who complain the JRPG is stale should play this.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Ivalice Alliance

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: January 15, 2011, 07:57:23 PM »

About 20 hours, and given how you replay the second half/last third a few times over for the endings the replay value's pretty good!

That sounds good then.  I was all hyped for the game before it was released and I never bought it because I had other games I was working on.  Now is great time to pick it up!

Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #306 on: January 15, 2011, 09:09:27 PM »

That sounds good then.  I was all hyped for the game before it was released and I never bought it because I had other games I was working on.  Now is great time to pick it up!
To get both Endings A and B, I ended up with around 34 hours. I tend to play games slower than other folks, so The # Eusis gives is probably closer to what most people would do.

I agree with lard on the magic. I used dark hand and dark lance almost exclusively. I used the spinning arrow shield here and there as well.

Playing: TWD Season 2
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: January 15, 2011, 11:21:16 PM »

Am I the only one who thinks that Weiss sounds like David Bowie?

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: January 15, 2011, 11:56:01 PM »

Fucken A.
Let it be~!!!!

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #309 on: January 16, 2011, 12:06:10 AM »

It's Liam O'Brien.  I've heard his voice often enough that I'd recognize it anywhere.  Fortunately, he's in my top 3 favorite voice actors.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #310 on: January 16, 2011, 12:55:25 AM »

It wasn't meant as a criticism, I just think he sounds like David Bowie, at least a little bit.

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #311 on: January 16, 2011, 02:23:16 AM »

My only other honest criticism was the magic system. It seemed like there was a good variety of spells to use, but I really only ended up using three spells - Dark Lance, Dark Hand and Dark somethingorother (The one that fires quick "magic arrows" or whatever you want to call them). I didn't really find the other ones that useful.

Dark Phantasm was an excellent spell.  If you weren't using it against mobs then you were missing out.  Dark Execution also had its uses.

But I might criticize the game for not really being hard enough to ever demand a change of tactics.

RpgN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #312 on: January 16, 2011, 04:39:37 AM »

I finished my first playthrough in around 64 hours including doing all the side quests. Man, I'm feeling so slow now :/

I come in peace :)
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #313 on: January 16, 2011, 05:38:16 AM »

Liam O'Brien's voice is fantastic, the voice acting in this game is second to none. To everyone who's gotten ending A, do the second playthrough now.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Ivalice Alliance

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #314 on: January 16, 2011, 06:17:50 PM »

What are your cons for the game?  I expected Gamespot to give this a bad score.  I buy games based on my opinion of how it looks.  They gave it like a 5/10?  This game looks like an 8 or 9 to be honest.

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 29 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: