Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2014, 05:14:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338003 Posts in 13838 Topics by 2212 Members
Latest Member: WhiteWishes
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Nier
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 29 Print
Author Topic: Nier  (Read 64985 times)
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: August 26, 2010, 02:26:06 PM »

Honestly I think that some trophies can ruin a game. Just enjoy the game and don't turn a fun experience into torture. My 2 cents.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: August 26, 2010, 03:29:21 PM »

Forging Master took me some 30 hours to finish.  Horrible, horrible trophy. You'll spend all your time fighting the same enemies over and over.  For one of the items, there are only 3 easily accessible enemies who drop the items in the entire game! You just have to keep killing them and zoning out.Not to mention there are things like Eagle Eggs that would be absolutely ridiculous to get without the DLC (we're talking one egg an hour - you need three or four).

Yes, it's possible to finish in 6 hours.  I think my final time for the Lightspeed was 6:30 or so, and I'm not all that fast.

I'm not big on Trophies, but if I really love the game and want to play more I'll spend some time on them, since they do (even if artificially) extend playtime.  It wasn't worth it for Nier's Forging Master.
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: August 26, 2010, 08:17:07 PM »

Honestly I think that some trophies can ruin a game.

FFXIII.

I hate the necessary platinum trophy that wants you to get ALL the other trophies first... x(
Rageee!!!

I avoid the stupidly long to obtain ones (funny, they're usually easy to obtain, just not worth the effort).

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: August 27, 2010, 02:32:06 PM »

The interviews in the grimoire are a very interesting read.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
xellos2099

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: August 27, 2010, 05:00:10 PM »

I should have take the job offer of a cookbook when I have the chance
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: August 27, 2010, 06:52:42 PM »

I should have take the job offer of a cookbook when I have the chance

I'm jocking, I hate cookbooks.

xellos2099

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: August 29, 2010, 03:44:34 AM »

The ironic thing was that I was doing the last quest before the final battle and Neir method something to wiess about cook book. 
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: August 29, 2010, 11:17:05 PM »

Honestly I think that some trophies can ruin a game. Just enjoy the game and don't turn a fun experience into torture. My 2 cents.

I couldn't agree more.
Some trophies are a good incentive to keep playing a little longer. For example, in FFXIII the one when you get a 5 star rating on the last boss, I liked. It could have one like these in most kind of games, to own the last boss. An example of a bad one I did in Resonance of Fate, was to do all missions in the battle arena. Doing all of them is alright but the said thing is that to try the next level you have to do the same one 3 times, and to get the trophy you need to beat each 10 times and there are 50 missions, so 500 battles. The sole reason I did this was because I had already done everything else in the game, so to not Platinum it would feel like a waste as it wasn't difficult just boring and time consuming.

Most game I get these days I read the trophy list on gamefaqs or somewhere else, go for what it fun and the rest I just don't care.

lavarock

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: August 29, 2010, 11:32:48 PM »

RoF's arena system is one gripe I have with the game.  It's painfully long and pointless.  I can barely stand the 3 battles per rank (forget the 10x per, I will never do it).  JRPG developers need to reduce these pointless grind trophies because they will just waste your time and not prolong the enjoyment of the game.  I know most rpg have sidequest that is grinding and boring, but most give you a reward at the end.  If the reward is just a trophy it doesn't count enough as a reward for me, so I will never platinum that game.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: August 30, 2010, 01:22:12 AM »

Forging Master took me some 30 hours to finish.  Horrible, horrible trophy. You'll spend all your time fighting the same enemies over and over.  For one of the items, there are only 3 easily accessible enemies who drop the items in the entire game! You just have to keep killing them and zoning out.Not to mention there are things like Eagle Eggs that would be absolutely ridiculous to get without the DLC (we're talking one egg an hour - you need three or four).

Man, I shoulda listened...

Well, I don't have it yet but I've gotten the 15 weapon trophy, got a couple more lvl 4s past that, and almost everything left is lvl 3.  At this point I've already invested so much time into this absurd exercise that I feel like I can't quit now.

Some of this stuff is just ridiculous.  I hear a lot of people bitch about the eagle eggs but for me at least that wasn't even that bad.  I got all four in just over an hour (and I don't have any DLC).  But then there's stuff like pyrite...sure it's not quite as rare but you need a whole lot more of it.  I don't even want to think about the amount of time I've spent walking in and out of the desert temple and I haven't even gotten all that I need yet.  Seriously, is there anywhere else to get it?

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: August 30, 2010, 03:20:20 AM »

Man, I shoulda listened...

Well, I don't have it yet but I've gotten the 15 weapon trophy, got a couple more lvl 4s past that, and almost everything left is lvl 3.  At this point I've already invested so much time into this absurd exercise that I feel like I can't quit now.

Some of this stuff is just ridiculous.  I hear a lot of people bitch about the eagle eggs but for me at least that wasn't even that bad.  I got all four in just over an hour (and I don't have any DLC).  But then there's stuff like pyrite...sure it's not quite as rare but you need a whole lot more of it.  I don't even want to think about the amount of time I've spent walking in and out of the desert temple and I haven't even gotten all that I need yet.  Seriously, is there anywhere else to get it?

Told you so. I didn't even try it but after hearing what others said... yeah...

supersonic
Prefers JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: September 04, 2010, 03:09:04 PM »

I started playing this and I'm loving it so far; however, I just got to the part where you have to catch that fish and holy shit this must be the most frustrating fishing minigame I have ever seen.
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: September 04, 2010, 03:15:03 PM »

It's actually not that bad.  The problem is that the game gives you absolutely horrible directions on how it works.

For one, don't press X. Pressing X makes it a horrible mini game.  Instead, press the down button.  If you're having problems actually catchting the fish, make sure you're at the right beach.  Some people seem to have problems with this part.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 03:18:33 PM by Cyril » Logged
supersonic
Prefers JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: September 04, 2010, 04:01:24 PM »

ah, thanks. I was trying to move the left analog stick in the direction opposite to where the fish was going (as the old dude told me to) and I was wondering why the health bar wasn't decreasing at all....
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: September 04, 2010, 05:43:17 PM »

I didn't fish once during all those playthroughs. The one time you have to do it to advance the plot the game gives you the fish after 2 failed attempts.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 29 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: