Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 28, 2014, 05:13:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329776 Posts in 13518 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Nier
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 29 Print
Author Topic: Nier  (Read 60948 times)
supersonic
Prefers JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: September 06, 2010, 10:46:50 PM »

Beat it in about 24 hours, and I had an amazing time with it.  Setting the tedious side quests aside, this game has so much going on for it. Amazing soundtrack and voice acting, fun combat, great characters, intriguing story, etc. etc. I just couldn't put it down.  The best moment of the game: Kaine screaming at a boss "I will kill you, you shit hog" and Weiss answering "Oh come now, that is not even a real word."

I got Ending B according to the game, but the achievement said I saw Ending A...Not really sure. In any case, it was a pretty happy ending actually. I think I will do a NG+, something I have never ever done in my life before.....But probably not right away.
hell_snake

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: September 06, 2010, 11:04:37 PM »

Beat it in about 24 hours, and I had an amazing time with it.  Setting the tedious side quests aside, this game has so much going on for it. Amazing soundtrack and voice acting, fun combat, great characters, intriguing story, etc. etc. I just couldn't put it down.  The best moment of the game: Kaine screaming at a boss "I will kill you, you shit hog" and Weiss answering "Oh come now, that is not even a real word."

I got Ending B according to the game, but the achievement said I saw Ending A...Not really sure. In any case, it was a pretty happy ending actually. I think I will do a NG+, something I have never ever done in my life before.....But probably not right away.

You can't get Ending B without getting A first (Unless I'm missing something here). And I recommend you go and load that Clear Game file right this instant. You'll be in for a surprise ^^

"An unanswered question is better than an unquestioned answer"
Booboo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: October 17, 2010, 06:15:09 AM »

I just got the game a week ago and my God is this game great. I thought of buying it since it got mediocre reviews all around and IMO that's a bit fishy and since my country can't rent games I bought it and what a wise choice it was. The battles are fun (if a bit mashy), the graphics are fine to me and suit the game really well and the story/characters is incredible. Doing sidequests wasn't this fun (for me anyways) and can't wait to finish it. So far I stopped playing it because CV:LoS arrived, but once that's done I'll continue playing since I just started the second part of the game... I think I'll get all the endings with this one because it's a nice surprise.

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: October 17, 2010, 01:17:15 PM »

I just got the game a week ago and my God is this game great. I thought of buying it since it got mediocre reviews all around and IMO that's a bit fishy and since my country can't rent games I bought it and what a wise choice it was. The battles are fun (if a bit mashy), the graphics are fine to me and suit the game really well and the story/characters is incredible. Doing sidequests wasn't this fun (for me anyways) and can't wait to finish it. So far I stopped playing it because CV:LoS arrived, but once that's done I'll continue playing since I just started the second part of the game... I think I'll get all the endings with this one because it's a nice surprise.

At least get ending B. The second playthrough is what makes the game so brilliant, I feel sorry for people who only finished it once, they totally missed the point of the game. On subsequent playthroughs you start at the point where you are now and everything carries over so it's a lot quicker and easier than it may seem.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Booboo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: October 17, 2010, 02:56:16 PM »

At least get ending B. The second playthrough is what makes the game so brilliant, I feel sorry for people who only finished it once, they totally missed the point of the game. On subsequent playthroughs you start at the point where you are now and everything carries over so it's a lot quicker and easier than it may seem.

If you told me this when I started I had to think about it but after everything that's happened so far in the game I'm sure I'm going to do all the endings. Thanks for telling me everything gets transferred... can't wait. I still can't conceive why would a "professional" reviewer give this game a 6.

AJR
Totally groovy

Oh, this burning beard.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: October 18, 2010, 11:14:56 AM »

Man, this game is awesome. I feel a little bad I put it off this long.

Earth-2.net is a website where I occasionally type words about entertaining pieces of media.
MindCandy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: October 18, 2010, 10:31:03 PM »

This will be my next purchase. I haven't played too much of MagnaCarta 2 yet, but unles something changes I can easily see myself drifting away from it.  It's a shame too, it has tons of potential

Currently playing:
Xbox 360 - NIER
Wii - Metroid Prime 2: Echos (trilogy version)
PSP - Disgaea
DS - SMT: Devil Survivor
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: October 22, 2010, 01:19:46 PM »

The game can be bought for 12 euros here: http://www.dvd.co.uk/buy/catnierps3/nier-ps3.htm

They might as well give it away, best deal you'll find.

God, just watching that trailer sends shivers down my spine.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 01:25:19 PM by CDFN » Logged

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
hell_snake

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: October 24, 2010, 11:56:38 AM »

I think it's safe to say that Nier wins the [Best Original Soundtrack of The Year] award at this point.

"An unanswered question is better than an unquestioned answer"
MindCandy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: October 26, 2010, 01:20:13 PM »

If you told me this when I started I had to think about it but after everything that's happened so far in the game I'm sure I'm going to do all the endings. Thanks for telling me everything gets transferred... can't wait. I still can't conceive why would a "professional" reviewer give this game a 6.

Because they are all paid off, or have their careers held hostage by big name devs and pubs. Remember the Kane and Lynch fiasco?  Or what happened to the Legend od Dragoon team?

Currently playing:
Xbox 360 - NIER
Wii - Metroid Prime 2: Echos (trilogy version)
PSP - Disgaea
DS - SMT: Devil Survivor
AJR
Totally groovy

Oh, this burning beard.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: October 26, 2010, 07:56:40 PM »

Oh god. Don't start that crap.

Y'know, Nier is one of the best games I've played this year. I love it. But even I can understand why a critic would give it a mediocre score.

Earth-2.net is a website where I occasionally type words about entertaining pieces of media.
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: October 26, 2010, 08:01:28 PM »

Y'know, Nier is one of the best games I've played this year. I love it. But even I can understand why a critic would give it a mediocre score.

Agreed.  If I was to review it for a more widespread audience using an (attempted) unbiased viewpoint, I'd probably rate it around a 6 or a 7 too.  There are problems with the game.  I can love the game, but I can also admit it's not perfect.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 26, 2010, 08:03:34 PM »

Man, I can't even take it seriously this time. That's something said when a game you didn't like gets lots of 9s and 10s, when it's a game that's getting 6s it's PROBABLY not because the publishers paid to underscore the game.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: October 26, 2010, 10:51:10 PM »

Agreed.  If I was to review it for a more widespread audience using an (attempted) unbiased viewpoint, I'd probably rate it around a 6 or a 7 too.  There are problems with the game.  I can love the game, but I can also admit it's not perfect.

I'd give the game about the same.  I think an oral/written review is better than the numbers.  I hate bloody scores sometimes.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: November 04, 2010, 03:29:02 PM »

NieR Director Quits Cavia/AQi.

The man wants to expand the breadth of his work.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 29 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: