Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 01, 2014, 02:59:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330093 Posts in 13528 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Nier
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 Print
Author Topic: Nier  (Read 61203 times)
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #390 on: May 29, 2011, 06:21:02 PM »

DAMN!! That is seriously incredible!

Everything's Eventual
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #391 on: May 29, 2011, 06:38:24 PM »

sure i heard the name tossed around but i didnt know it had a following and i dont know anything about the game.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #392 on: May 29, 2011, 08:23:24 PM »

so what is this game i've never heard of till recently?

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #393 on: May 29, 2011, 11:14:31 PM »

sure i heard the name tossed around but i didnt know it had a following and i dont know anything about the game.

It has a... oh damn, spoiler.  You would love it, because you love games that have this kinda thing in them.

Code:
Can someone explain that link about the DNA and the black scrawl?  It seems like something that might make sense, but I can't quite put it together.  The Black Scrawl is when your proper DNA comes to you?  Something about everyone else's being incorrect, but Black Scrawl people's being correct... like their correct Shade reached them, but left again for whatever reason?  
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 11:17:08 PM by Fei » Logged

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #394 on: May 29, 2011, 11:33:01 PM »

i dont have a problem with spoilers. even if someone tells you whats gonna happen its not the same as experiencing it unless its something like the big plot twist in star ocean 3

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #395 on: May 29, 2011, 11:48:01 PM »

It's not really a spoiler... it's something I wouldn't have even known about if not for reading spoilers.  I'm not sure if it would have been a profound discovery had I figured it out myself.

If you want to know, then...

Code:
The main female character, Kaine, is a hermaphrodite.  You'd never guess, unless her extreme vulgarity implies "manliness" or whatever.

I usually feel the same way about spoilers.  For some reason though, reading something that *seems* like it'd be shocking still makes me go "aw crap, spoiled" even though my mind is nowhere near that when I am actually playing the game.  Like watching a horror movie for the 100th time, you still yell at the TV to warn the heroine, as if this time she won't get slaughtered.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 11:50:01 PM by Fei » Logged

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #396 on: May 30, 2011, 01:11:35 PM »

It's not really a spoiler... it's something I wouldn't have even known about if not for reading spoilers.  I'm not sure if it would have been a profound discovery had I figured it out myself.

If you want to know, then...

Code:
The main female character, Kaine, is a hermaphrodite.  You'd never guess, unless her extreme vulgarity implies "manliness" or whatever.

I usually feel the same way about spoilers.  For some reason though, reading something that *seems* like it'd be shocking still makes me go "aw crap, spoiled" even though my mind is nowhere near that when I am actually playing the game.  Like watching a horror movie for the 100th time, you still yell at the TV to warn the heroine, as if this time she won't get slaughtered.
Your spoiler, just for clarification, is pretty well known in the jp version, but they stupified it for us non-japanese, making subtle references not directly at it. If you go in with no knowledge prior to the game, you'll never figure it out, and even on the second playthrough with OMGMAJORBACKSTORYEXPLOSION!!!!!!! it's still pretty hard to decipher it....

Code:
for all we know, she could have just been a fugly child, who would have guessed she had man parts?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 01:15:44 PM by D. tnegA » Logged

TASTY!
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #397 on: May 30, 2011, 10:42:24 PM »

i dont have a problem with spoilers. even if someone tells you whats gonna happen its not the same as experiencing it unless its something like the big plot twist in star ocean 3

Which probably comes off better when spoiled than actually seen in person.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #398 on: May 31, 2011, 10:46:59 AM »

Which probably comes off better when spoiled than actually seen in person.

Pretty much. Especially since the lead up to that particular twist is just as bad as the twist itself.

But in this case, it's much better to not spoil yourself until after at least till the end of your first playthrough. Thankfully, the game is cheap, and while it may control like a shoddy OoT clone (well, except for the parts that aren't but I won't get into those for spoiler reasons), it's still an OoT clone so it's not nierly as boring as playing through Drakengard was.

Also, while on the topic of spoilers, while it's not necessary to do, you might want to spoiler yourself on Drakengard's plot up until Ending E. Nier starts shortly after Drakengard's E Ending, and you can get at least a little extra context to what's happening at the start. Also Drakengard itself isn't really worth playing through as it's a mediocre, repetitive, and grindy Dynasty Warriors clone (except for the game's final boss fight which is again spoilers as it's definitely worth looking up at least) with a batshit insane soundtrack and cast.

Seriously, just go and get/play through the game. There's no preferred console and it should be like $20 which is cheap as a fuck and a whole lot better spent on that than whatever overbudgetted, overhyped, overpriced, interactive movie of the week that you might find yourself tempted to get.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
EquipableMoustache

to see...the...world.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #399 on: June 05, 2011, 01:22:21 AM »

Now go play Drakengard.

Oh I have! :D I played through both of those a few years back. The first one is brilliant. Frustrating and unpolished as all get out, but oh so worth it for how shocking and unexpected it was. I've never had a game surprise me so often. Well, until Nier I guess. :P The second game was fun, but lacked that distinct soul that D1 and Nier have.

Glad to see this thread still rolling. This game deserves it!

Currently playing: Nier (Scenario B)
--Thoughts about Nier: God I feel like a serial killer~
Commander Jubby Shepard
What do you call a kid with no arms and an eye patch? Names.

If you come back you will find me a very grave man

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #400 on: June 05, 2011, 01:26:11 AM »

I'm having HUGE trouble playing Nier. My XBox can only run for 30 minutes to 1 hour at a time, and now I'm in Scenario B at the Shadowlord's Castle. It sucks. And I can't even find a good LP to watch instead of playing. I am saddened by this.

If it'll hold Jello, Utah will put Jello in it.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #401 on: June 24, 2011, 01:05:25 AM »

:O

NIER TRIBUTE ALBUM!

http://web.square-enix.co.jp/music/sem/page/nier/tribute/

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Commander Jubby Shepard
What do you call a kid with no arms and an eye patch? Names.

If you come back you will find me a very grave man

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #402 on: June 24, 2011, 02:23:21 AM »

I... can't hear the difference at all. Was it... Was a band playing these songs live or something? All the music on the page sounds the same and Chrome didn't translate the page so I couldn't figure out what was going on.

If it'll hold Jello, Utah will put Jello in it.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #403 on: June 24, 2011, 02:38:21 AM »

I... can't hear the difference at all. Was it... Was a band playing these songs live or something? All the music on the page sounds the same and Chrome didn't translate the page so I couldn't figure out what was going on.

Yeah, sounded like better accoustics and kinda live-ish.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #404 on: June 24, 2011, 04:58:41 AM »

Yeah, sounds like a live recording, if it's live I want a dvd!

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: