Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 23, 2014, 11:30:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327221 Posts in 13398 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Please Atlus!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Please Atlus!  (Read 2992 times)
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« on: May 05, 2010, 04:48:22 PM »

localize this
http://www.gamefaqs.com/ds/976070-super-robot-taisen-og-saga-mugen-no-frontier/images

and this!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mjf06BcKoH0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8T0gB1l0gZs&fmt=18&annotation_id=annotation_149109&feature=iv

don't leave me hanging like you did with OGS and OGS gaiden. i waited a good year before finally importing those games =P
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 04:51:04 PM by Alisha » Logged

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 07:58:14 PM »

I do agree here.  Ive always loved this series since I played the GBA OG games.  I guess the main problem is all the licensing stuff..or so ive read before, though they have managed some stuff, so here is hoping.  (And I realize the DS game released here was fan servicey and blah blah, but I still throughouly enjoyed it.)

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
WildArms
With my dying will...!

Come on, become a legend

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 09:44:36 PM »

I want 'em localized as well.... but o.0, since when rpgfan became Atlus? that would be really convenient though

I will beat you with my evil strategy of my evil 1.8 million IQ

add me to psn! the more the merrier!
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2010, 10:29:50 PM »

And huddled in this corner is the devoted group still praying for a North American Growlanser release.
Lord Scottish

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2010, 10:31:44 PM »

Metal Saga DS? It's not too late...
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2010, 01:11:25 AM »

God, I love Metal Saga. More RPGs need to be explorationy goddammit.

And rocket dogs wouldn't hurt either.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2010, 01:22:46 AM »

I do agree here.  Ive always loved this series since I played the GBA OG games.  I guess the main problem is all the licensing stuff..or so ive read before, though they have managed some stuff, so here is hoping.  (And I realize the DS game released here was fan servicey and blah blah, but I still throughouly enjoyed it.)

The OG games do not have this problem.

The problem the OG games have is that nobody actually buys them.  A good % of the hardcore fanbase just downloads the games online.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2010, 04:21:22 AM »

And huddled in this corner is the devoted group still praying for a North American Growlanser release.

Seconding this and the second game referenced in the OP.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2010, 08:43:39 AM »

Atlus does have a game suggestion area on their forum. You would have much better luck posting there.

Actually, I just checked and there was already a topic for Super Robot Taisen, but it got locked because someone kept spamming there.

http://atlus.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13

"Oh, a hunter..."
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2010, 10:47:57 AM »

I'll save you some trouble:

-The OG Saga games won't come out here because SCEA reportedly wanted them to dub the whole game; which I believe is BS, because Trapt(aka Deception IV) had no English VO, among other games.

Whatever the reason, not happening. The PS2 is on life support, and the plug is about to be pulled.

I think we might still get Endless Frontier 2. More Reiji and Xiaomu is always good. They're the only reason I bought the first one. (See: Namco X Capcom)

And Growlanser, well... we're still bearing the torch, but the prospects are getting bleak. Atlus are too busy localizing PSP RPGs done by other developers to bring over one of their own.

Could also be because of reported text localization issues, but that's hearsay. I bet someone could crack it. If a hacker can do it, why can't Atlus USA?

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2010, 02:54:20 PM »

The reason we didn't get the OG games on PS2 was because of the reason I already stated before.  The GBA games didn't sell even remotely well enough for them to consider bringing over the much more content-heavy PS2 versions, and because most of the fanbase were more willing to download the games for free then to pay for them.  This was one of the only games that Atlus -ever- admitted to why they weren't bringing it over, and I'm more inclined to believe them then rumors from the internets.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2010, 03:15:37 PM »

Also didn't all of the SRW games to get US releases get pretty bad reviews, except for OG2 on the gubba?

Gen:

What about Metal Max DS? Assuming that exists and that one dude wasn't just trying to build me up just to let me down

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2010, 03:32:17 PM »

Also didn't all of the SRW games to get US releases get pretty bad reviews, except for OG2 on the gubba?

Super Robot Taisen: Original Generation    Dennis Rubinshteyn    87%    10/25/06
Super Robot Taisen: Original Generation            Patrick Gann            78%    01/17/07
Super Robot Taisen: Original Generation 2            Dennis Rubinshteyn    90%    01/17/07
Super Robot Taisen: Original Generation 2            Patrick Gann            85%    01/17/0
Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier    Kyle Miller                    87%    06/03/09

not on this site.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Lord Scottish

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2010, 05:46:59 PM »

What about Metal Max DS? Assuming that exists and that one dude wasn't just trying to build me up just to let me down

it does exits
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2010, 09:58:30 PM »

-The OG Saga games won't come out here because SCEA reportedly wanted them to dub the whole game; which I believe is BS, because Trapt(aka Deception IV) had no English VO, among other games.

Indeed, I'm playing Record of Agarest War right now on PS3 and it's JP-only voicing.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: