Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 01, 2014, 10:53:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327999 Posts in 13432 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  X-Seed partners with Nihon Falcom
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Print
Author Topic: X-Seed partners with Nihon Falcom  (Read 15097 times)
fates

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: May 25, 2010, 10:10:49 AM »

Wouldn't worry about that too much... Ys Oath and I+II are relatively short, so you can fit those in fine. 7's a bit longer, but still.

Sora no Kiseki on the other hand, pretty big. D:
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2010, 11:41:00 PM »

Finally a gameplay video of Ys vs. Sora no Kiseki is up on YouTube.

It looks pretty fun. I'm pretty sure if the Ys and Sora no Kiseki games sell well, we are going to see this bad boy outside of Japan. So please, buy the games to see more Falcom epicness! D:

Oh yeah, there's also a project in the works to translate the Gagharv trilogy (PC version only).
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 12:52:36 AM by Yggdrasil » Logged
fates

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: May 26, 2010, 01:09:07 AM »

Game looks pretty fun. Reminds me of Power Stone for some reason...

Hoping for higher quality trailers at some point, though.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: May 26, 2010, 02:25:09 AM »

Oh yeah, there's also a project in the works to translate the Gagharv trilogy (PC version only).

While we already have the Gagharv trilogy on the PSP, a better translation (re: not godawful) is in no way a bad thing.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: May 26, 2010, 03:30:15 AM »

While we already have the Gagharv trilogy on the PSP, a better translation (re: not godawful) is in no way a bad thing.

Well, that's the reason why this project is in the works, the Gagharv trilogy deserve better at this point with all this Falcom games coming out soon.

Can I put the link of the website here?
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 26, 2010, 03:44:36 AM »

It's been frowned upon before, and given that some fan translations (of visual novels admittedly) have actually been cracked down on I'm going to say no.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: May 26, 2010, 03:50:24 AM »

It's been frowned upon before, and given that some fan translations (of visual novels admittedly) have actually been cracked down on I'm going to say no.

OK, no problem. :)
beach1

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: May 26, 2010, 10:43:15 AM »

Finally a gameplay video of Ys vs. Sora no Kiseki is up on YouTube.

It looks pretty fun. I'm pretty sure if the Ys and Sora no Kiseki games sell well, we are going to see this bad boy outside of Japan. So please, buy the games to see more Falcom epicness! D:

Did Chester just turn into Elena at the end of that clip? Weird...
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: May 27, 2010, 04:26:50 PM »

A llitle of more info about Ys vs. Sora no Kiseki.

If you preorder the game you are going to get this:

Preorder Goods: Ys vs. Sora no Kiseki Collective Music Files, TCG "Victory Spark" Ys vs. Sora no Kiseki PR card
Falcom Shop Preorder Goods: Alternative Saga Postcard Collection - 16 random cards + 1 secret card

Link of the product: http://www.falcom.co.jp/mailorder/catalog/923.html

So, a crapload of cards and music. I think that I'm just going to wait for the announcement of the soundtrack, I've read that is pretty kick ass.

Also, some specifications of the game:

Platform: PSP Software
Memory Stick: Requires 450k free space
Players: 1 (2~4 via ad hoc mode)
Networking: ad hoc mode for 2~4 player battles
CERO Rating: B
Release Date: 7/29/2010

And this is pretty much all the news of the game so far, the only thing to wait is some Lunch Trailer in the YouTube Channel of Falcom and getting our fingers crossed to get this game.

Did Chester just turn into Elena at the end of that clip? Weird...

Maybe is a support attack? Just saying.
fates

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: May 27, 2010, 11:13:23 PM »

Probably a brother/sister thing, Elena taking over when things get too rough for Chester

BTW, Ys Seven is on Amazon now.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 27, 2010, 11:18:37 PM »

Wow, it really is going for just $30. I'd have been more than happy to pay $40 for this, so I can't complain about $30 at all.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: May 28, 2010, 02:06:37 AM »

Excellent price, I thought that the game is was going to be expensive.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 02:13:32 AM by Yggdrasil » Logged
KnightofAncient

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: May 31, 2010, 02:53:56 AM »

Probably a brother/sister thing, Elena taking over when things get too rough for Chester

BTW, Ys Seven is on Amazon now.

No, support characters are characters that give you a boost in the battle.  Kinda like summons in dissidia.  Elena is a support character.
fates

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: June 01, 2010, 12:35:48 PM »

That's kinda what I meant. But I would rather have Elena as a playable character D:

Wonder what other supports we'll see. Maybe one for Lilia where she causes your character to get kidnapped.

Nice article on the front page.

Ys DS, I tried to like it, I really did. But the button slashing just took what I loved about Ys I/II and got rid of it, I loved plowing through monsters literally by running through them. And the stylus control was flimsy IMO, my hand would get in the way.

The graphics... well, because the game was able to move so fast still, I didn't mind. They were bad, but everything ran nicely. My problem there was the view was zoomed in too much...

Music was ok though.

But yeah Chronicles blows it away. I'm really, really, really looking forward to Chronicles. I always wanted to play the Windows version of Ys I and II, and this is essentially just that with new music arrangement and art. I love how the Dark Fact battle theme in Chronicles doesn't loop the same thing over and over...
macirex

mac_luzer@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: June 01, 2010, 09:24:45 PM »

Iīm a little worried, this games are great, fast and furious yet I donīt think they will sell good enough simply because of the lack of publicity. How many copies does Xseed needs to sells  on one title in order to be marked succesful?

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: