Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 26, 2014, 06:22:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338408 Posts in 13853 Topics by 2215 Members
Latest Member: RPGtourguide
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  X-Seed partners with Nihon Falcom
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Print
Author Topic: X-Seed partners with Nihon Falcom  (Read 15634 times)
Embryon
RPGFan Editor

Achieve enlightenment.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: June 21, 2010, 10:31:42 AM »

I can't live without Adol X Dogi anything.

It was nice to see some videos of these, and I appreciate that the representative actually knew what he was talking about. Most game news sites seemed to gloss over the Ys titles at E3.

"Man up and take your handjob." - dyeager
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: June 22, 2010, 01:35:44 AM »

The dude talking about why Ys is so mighty awesome is a well known Falcom fan on the Internet. So yeah, when the guys at XSeed said that this games are by localized "by fans, for fans"; They weren't joking.

Don't believe me? Go read this.

Also, E3 2010 trailer.
beach1

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: June 23, 2010, 10:54:42 PM »

The dude talking about why Ys is so mighty awesome is a well known Falcom fan on the Internet. So yeah, when the guys at XSeed said that this games are by localized "by fans, for fans"; They weren't joking.

Don't believe me? Go read this.

Also, E3 2010 trailer.

Apparently he's working on translating another game for them. Don't know which one though.

Covers have been revealed.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 10:57:30 PM by beach1 » Logged
fates

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: June 23, 2010, 11:12:47 PM »

PICTURE OF AWESOME

Dammit, I just got these pants!
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: June 28, 2010, 05:57:22 PM »

XSeed and PC Falcom games released outside of Japan? Maybe...

My soul for an official release of the PC version of Ys VI.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 28, 2010, 09:15:38 PM »

I wouldn't be surprised if something like Steam were the only option for them, or at least the most practical one. The originals don't have much in the way of DRM, and it's probably an easy solution to secure the games and not fight with retailers to sell it.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: June 30, 2010, 04:53:28 PM »

Well, the collector's edition of Ys Seven is going to come with a "Mini Soundtrack CD". What are the tracks that *you* want to see in the tracklist?

Personally, I think that "Legend of the Five Great Dragons", "Person who Brings End", "Rush Out! Short Ver." and "Ernst" are a must for this package (the last two tracks are bonus tracks from Ys Music History and Ys Seven Original Sound Track Mini respectively).

Also, new trailer for Ys vs. Sora no Kiseki. With each new trailer this game looks better and better.
TurnBasedDude
Ys Man
Rainbow Club Member

hotshot562@hotmail.com Alcazard0 emmy_sols
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: August 17, 2010, 09:03:07 PM »

Soooooooooo... who picked up Ys Seven today? I got the collector's edition. :)

Xbox Gamertag: Gig01
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Zapper101
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: August 17, 2010, 09:14:53 PM »

My Collector's Edition shipped from Amazon last night and hasn't arrived yet.  Yay for Amazon Student giving me free Two-Day shipping.

I just wish that XSEED had the money for a little more marketing.  I want them to succeed.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: August 17, 2010, 09:45:35 PM »

I'm in the same boat as Cyril.  Shame they didn't have release date delivery for this one but I guess they only do that for bigger titles.

I'm curious what people who have it think of it so far.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 17, 2010, 10:00:22 PM »

I'm in the same boat as Cyril.  Shame they didn't have release date delivery for this one but I guess they only do that for bigger titles.

They probably have to arrange for it, whereas being a big release is a secondary concern. Strange Journey and 3D Dot Game Heroes had it yet they're definitely not in the same league as, say, Halo: Reach or Modern Warfare 2. I'm guessing Xseed probably could've gone for it given all the shipments on Monday but didn't pursue it or whatever.

Alternatively, less "big" and more "significant", there's clearly a sizable enough MegaTen fanbase that it'd be worth the effort, and 3D Dot Game Heroes was plausibly worth the effort given how Demon's Souls turned out. Also, it's worth remembering most (if not all) of these 'Release Date Delivery' games are shipped about a week in advance, so in order to get that we'd actually have to wait longer in contrast to just shipping the game out with no street date.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: