Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 29, 2014, 06:11:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329866 Posts in 13521 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Harvest Moon: Hero of Leaf Valley (PSP)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Harvest Moon: Hero of Leaf Valley (PSP)  (Read 2996 times)
Tailzo
RPG fan from Norway

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2010, 08:22:56 AM »

I'm hearing a lot of complaints about the load times.  Has anyone tried the downloadable version?  Is it any better than the UMD?

I'd like to know this too. But buyying the DL version when I've already bought it on UMD is a bit too much, unless it improves a lot. As a related question, does a PSP 3000 load faster than a psp 1000?
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2010, 01:14:56 PM »

I'd like to know this too. But buyying the DL version when I've already bought it on UMD is a bit too much, unless it improves a lot. As a related question, does a PSP 3000 load faster than a psp 1000?

The PSP 2000 introduced a faster UMD drive, I believe, so there should be an improvement there.

Tailzo
RPG fan from Norway

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2010, 04:45:59 PM »

^ Really? Then I sould let my wife play on my psp. Or if a psp 4000 (with umd support) gets announced at e3, I could buy one and let my wife have the 2000. She seems almost frustrated enough by the loading to stop playing.

The review
http://www.rpgfan.com/reviews/Harvest_Moon_Hero_of_Leaf_Valley/index.html
mention horrible loadtimes too. I'd like to know if that was with the psn or umd version though.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 04:56:54 PM by Tailzo » Logged
Kstar
Editor Emeritus

I Remember Everything

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2010, 01:21:03 AM »

The review I wrote was using the UMD version.  I am also curious if downloading eased any of the load time pain, I would think it would alleviate at least some of it.  It's a shame about the load times, because they can become quite a nuisance.  For me it was never to the point where I stopped playing the game, but I did get annoyed quite a bit by them.

"We're all lying in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" -Oscar Wilde

"To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and don't worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest."
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: