Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 28, 2014, 09:55:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338710 Posts in 13864 Topics by 2217 Members
Latest Member: milz
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  RPGFan Podcast (Random Encounter) Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] Print
Author Topic: RPGFan Podcast (Random Encounter) Thread  (Read 101681 times)
WhiteAndCrispy

Physics VII: A New Beginning

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #975 on: November 05, 2014, 11:35:04 PM »

Maybe some people would like a reminder that WhiteAndCrispy is one of PaleRobbies students and probably not just a random hater.

Former student. I'm just a random hater now.

In seriousness though, good stuff.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 11:36:40 PM by WhiteAndCrispy » Logged
PaleRobbie
Podcast Host
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #976 on: November 05, 2014, 11:41:41 PM »

Yep, all good vibes around here.  Except for that whole going to the wrong university in the SEC.  We all can't be perfect...

...and clearly that applies to my Gamecocks this year.
Monsoon
Electric Mayhem
Contributing Editor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #977 on: November 05, 2014, 11:51:40 PM »

Yep, all good vibes around here.  Except for that whole going to the wrong university in the SEC.  We all can't be perfect...

My roommate is a Gamecocks alum and he's already so done that it isn't even fun giving him the business.  But don't feel bad.  I attended one of those "is it basketball season yet?" ACC schools. 

WhiteAndCrispy

Physics VII: A New Beginning

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #978 on: November 06, 2014, 12:32:05 AM »

Losing to the Gamecocks isn't the most recent cripplingly depressing Dawgs loss either...
PaleRobbie
Podcast Host
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #979 on: November 14, 2014, 10:48:41 PM »

Episode 87 is live!  Enjoy, and be sure to give us some ratings on iTunes so we can hit 100 this year! 
kofvscapcom
Rereveagence

kofvscapcom
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #980 on: November 15, 2014, 10:38:14 AM »

Wow, a lotta hate for the AC series, I actually quite liked 3 and 4. Mainly liked them for the historical stuff, it's interesting how they weave actual historical figures into the plots and use them to influence the protagonists. The collectathon stuff is pretty tiring but that's mainly for people who like filling bars and getting achievements. It also helps that those games usually fall to about 20 bucks pretty fast. Heard the new one's good but just very unpolished and buggy.

Pretty much just looking forward to DA3, Persona Q and Guilty Gear for this year. Curious what your dragon age keep choices do affect because in ME3 it didn't feel like your choices in previous games did all that much except determine who was alive and who wasn't. Well, maybe Bioware learned from that but on the other hand I don't want those decisions to affect too much as it may confuse people who are new to the series. I know I had to look up some of the people you could've killed when I was doing the keep choices.

Roses are red, violets are blue. Omae wa mou shindeiru.
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

WOLOLO

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #981 on: November 15, 2014, 12:23:16 PM »

Haha, I'll be the first to tell you I'm not a good barometer for AC. I hate that series; it's all the cynicism of yearly CoD releases without, I think, the amount of polish that goes into CoD. I can dig people enjoying it, but will definitely not ever be one of those people.

Some of your Keep choices have major impacts. Some have small impacts. Some don't affect anything but could be used for future DA games.

As an example-- from DA:O, depending on what happened to Connor, Redcliffe will be a different place in DA:I, and the dialogue as you travel around town and talk to people will be affected. Other times it's just a small mention of something that happened.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #982 on: November 17, 2014, 10:08:41 AM »

When's your birthday Rob? Should be pretty close to mine (4th).
PaleRobbie
Podcast Host
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #983 on: November 18, 2014, 10:44:56 PM »

December 13th.  I feel like it's impending doom at this point...
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #984 on: November 24, 2014, 07:21:09 PM »

Wow, a lotta hate for the AC series

Deservedly so.

I played the first one, and it actually made me angry at how bad it was.

I've never gone back to the series. Just terrible, terrible games.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Monsoon
Electric Mayhem
Contributing Editor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #985 on: November 24, 2014, 08:40:11 PM »

I thought Assassin's Creed 2 was... fine.  I mean, it's a character-action-checklist game, with some parts better than others.  When the stealth's good, it's great.  The platforming / climbing is pretty good, too, and the historical settings are usually pretty interesting. 

However, the only one in the series I played was AC2, and it didn't make me want to play any more of them.  If I wanted to complete a checklist of collectible items and explore a large, beautiful space completing quests, I'd much rather play a Bethesda game, a BioWare game, or XenoBlade Chronicles. 

kofvscapcom
Rereveagence

kofvscapcom
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #986 on: November 25, 2014, 12:26:22 PM »

I never actually played AC one and people tell me the combat and all that stuff is pretty terrible, but hey, it was a new ip then and they had a lot of time to improve things. Ac two and brotherhood hit a good balance of things and I enjoyed it a lot more, minus the counter button being instant win for combat. The new dragon age does actually take quite a few elements from assassin's creed I feel, mainly the collectathon stuff, the liberating areas and gathering resources/allies. Dragon age does a good job of tying all the side stuff into the main goal of strengthening your forces and it does feel like your army is growing so it doesn't feel like I'm collecting feathers just for the sake of doing that or filling meters.Plus there's a lot of interesting background stories and things in the world, I'm like 60 hours in now and just more curious about the world and culture.

Roses are red, violets are blue. Omae wa mou shindeiru.
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: