Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 30, 2014, 09:46:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327841 Posts in 13421 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy V. 13 coming to the 360 after all?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy V. 13 coming to the 360 after all?  (Read 3545 times)
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2010, 01:19:40 AM »

The rocks will look terrible.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Chronix112
Yasunori Mitsuda / Genso Suikoden fanboi

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2010, 01:26:39 AM »

I just want to hear the original soundtrack of this game.

^this
Although, I  didn't mind FFXIII that much. The chapter 11 missions sorta  calmed the nerd rage I had after chapter 10s  retarded dungeon. Just making me think about that chapter....../headdesk.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2010, 01:29:12 AM »

They better pull this game from a magic hat!

Well, they DID do that with Spirit Tracks and New Super Mario Bros. Wii, even Super Mario Galaxy 2 is coming less than a year after its reveal. It's not far fetched to think we might not get Zelda this year if Nintendo keeps being this timely for a change.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2010, 01:40:59 AM »

Well, they DID do that with Spirit Tracks and New Super Mario Bros. Wii, even Super Mario Galaxy 2 is coming less than a year after its reveal. It's not far fetched to think we might not get Zelda this year if Nintendo keeps being this timely for a change.

From what I've been hearing though, it sounds like the original idea for the game was possibly scraped (or the game received a major overhaul) somewhere between it's original announcement and somewhere in November. But then again this is all speculation at best, but we wont know anything until E3.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2010, 02:25:10 AM »

Update from Siliconera about this thing with Final Fantasy Versus XIII...

Wada posted a reaction to the quote over Twitter. "Looks like the Internet is excited. Versus on Xbox? What I said at the fiscal presentation was until an official announcement is made at publication time all points of all titles have not been settled."

In other news, Square Enix wants your money. ヘ(。_゜)ノ Dah~!
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 02:30:12 AM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Draak

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2010, 02:47:17 AM »

Wait, I'm sure I read somewhere that if such thing happened, Nomura would rage-quit Square (guess many people would consider it a blessing, though). Does anyone know about this? I can't find the source.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2010, 02:57:30 AM »

Probably just a rumor, but if that's the case... Well, who knows. Capcom went ahead and did that with Resident Evil, but maybe Youichi Wada would be more receptive to what his employees think? Plus unlike RE4 it's not like Versus is being released on a system it will do worse on, it seems likely that if Nomura were to be seriously upset they might relent since the lion's share of sales were on the PS3 for FFXIII anyway.
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2010, 04:45:13 AM »

lol @ thinking it would come out this year either way

I say that to the alleged new Zelda title coming out this year. Har har what do we have?  One picture.

Hah! I'm betting on 2012 for Versus :P

You make pretty good points Eusis, but those are all pretty small scale games compared to something like the main console S-E games. Super Mario Galaxy 2 is one of those cases where development is fast because the groundwork for the game is already created. Nintendo loves to take their time with Zelda games, look how long we waited for Twilight Princess.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 04:52:08 AM by Thoren » Logged
ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2010, 08:00:09 AM »

Don't read too much into the Square Enix CEO's comments from yesterday's press conference.

"I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" - Maribel of Dragon Quest VII

WildArms
With my dying will...!

Come on, become a legend

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2010, 09:39:46 AM »

Well, people just like to speculate, nothing is carved in stone yet though.

I will beat you with my evil strategy of my evil 1.8 million IQ

add me to psn! the more the merrier!
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2010, 04:08:56 PM »

What makes me sob inwardly is the fact that this too will be a financial success for Square-Enix, only prompting them to continue this kind of milk-the-goat development model. XIII was such a half-assed try at a game that I can't help but worry that vXIII will present us with all the exact same problems and a whole lot less, thanks to it being a derivative product, rather than a flagship release.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2010, 05:09:23 PM »

I can't help but worry that vXIII will present us with all the exact same problems and a whole lot less, thanks to it being a derivative product, rather than a flagship release.

They already confirmed some type of a world map is in the game, and Nomura's claiming it's closer to a traditional FF. The more realistic probability is that has new, equally stupid problems gameplay wise while the narrative is where problems are shared.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2010, 11:58:15 AM »

After the shitfest that was FF13 they should thank their lucky stars if they get any more money from me.

Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2010, 04:24:56 PM »

It's probably because of moves like this that Sony said they'd rather create new IPs (Intellectual Properties) and improve the ones they have, in place of paying exclusive deals.
They are probably seeing how well Nintendo is doing. Just Mario, Zelda, Pokemon and Metroid were enough to make Nintendo sell loads of consoles and games. And Nintendo is having crap like support from 3rd party publishers, but it doesn't matter much, they're still doing great.

From what I can see Sony is trying to do the same. Making people like their IPs so much that they would have to buy their consoles in the future. That's probably why they didn't pay Square to keep XIII exclusive worldwide and probably won't be paying for VersusXIII.

What I believe they hope is that if on the 360 the game needs lots of disc swaping, like Star Ocean, or something that would make SE give up one it without them have to drop a penny.

Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2010, 04:31:17 PM »

Disc swapping should never be deal breaking, and only idiots let it be.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: